PDA

View Full Version : Orb sorc gear?

nexusninja
04-08-2016, 04:25 PM
Hello everyone, I am fairly new to the server and decided that i wanted to make my first character a frozen orb sorc
for magic finding so i can build up a smiter to work on anni's and torches. With the way the private server is set up i find myself just a bit confused as to what i should be looking for gear wise. Below i will post pictures of the gear i have equipped right now as well as the gear i have spare for the sorc and my stats window with current gear. My primary concern right now is magic find. So the question is what should I get rid of/replace and with what? What stats on gear should i be looking for to make my sorc endgame ready? Where should i be focusing my magic finding efforts, act bosses or hell cow runs? Treat me like a complete noob please for explanation purposes.

Now the gear, it wont let me post it all in one go so ill need to make a couple posts.

Heres some of what im currently wearing.

nexusninja
04-08-2016, 04:26 PM
And heres the rest.

nexusninja
04-08-2016, 04:27 PM
This is the gear i have on standby but am not using due to low MF.

nexusninja
04-08-2016, 04:29 PM
And the rest of my spare gear. Add a 2 socket tal's lidless eye to the spare gear, picture isnt working for some reason. Stat window pic also not working will post on request.

memories
04-08-2016, 04:54 PM
I will be home in about 45 minutes. If you're on, I'll give you tals set (awesome starter set for sorcs). I'll explain a little bit about where to mf and how you go about doing it!

nexusninja
04-08-2016, 05:11 PM
Anything to help is greatly appreciated. I will certainly be on. I feel bad about taking things for free though so if by chance i have something you might want i would like to give it to you. Idk runes or something XD.

nexusninja
04-09-2016, 12:18 AM
Ok so ive been online all day and this guy never showed so if someone else could at least help clue me in on all of the above i would be most grateful.

caca
04-09-2016, 03:59 AM
actually tals rox because of the conviction aura, nowadays rares can be better then a lot of HL uniques :d keep an hi on them!
So here sets are bumped some, tak gives conviction, trazng gives a LOT of poison dmg (nice for new skill) PLUS teleport ! and mav add several fire and cold arrows, so you can perma freeze enemies and make good dmg.
i think i don't have anymore tal set, but its easy to find, except amu :).
Also i invite you to read the new content section with new area, plague land to start with for exemple...ok today i think i ll try to make a noob starter guild for beginner i feel like i repeat the same thing over and over every 2 days hum :D

nexusninja
04-09-2016, 01:22 PM
Thanks. Ive read the various help section posted along the website, i think the problem here that people arent realizing is im trying to figure out exactly what stats and such im looking for on gear. I know i need FCR but how much is too much? What should my resistances be for endgame difficulty? How many +skills do you need to be viable after considering other stats as anyone can plainly see from the gear i currently have ive sacrificed alot of damage to get the extra MF. With the amount of MF i have is it worth more to me to scrap it and clear hell cows super fast with my +skills gear? Or should i keep doing what im doing and add as much MF as i can in the hopes it will make the things i want drop sooner?

nexusninja
04-09-2016, 01:37 PM
one more question i forgot is how much cold mastery do i need to break through all cold immunes? I dont want to dump 20 points into just to be sure but i will if i have to.

thessarill
04-10-2016, 08:58 AM
there's some monsters that are still immun with -150 res from conviction aura, so i guess, the more you have, the best it'll be for you to optimize your gear setup!

Frigide
04-10-2016, 10:30 AM
there's some monsters that are still immun with -150 res from conviction aura, so i guess, the more you have, the best it'll be for you to optimize your gear setup!

actually the conviction and lower resist - resistance only work to 20% of its value when the monster is immune. if its a non immune monster, it will work to 100%.
If ur aura is -100 resists and the monster is at 90 rez, it will be the whole -100 rez, so the mob will be at -10 rez.
If ur aura is -100 resists and the monster is immune with 150 rez, it will be 20% = -20 rez, so the mob will stil be immune and at 130 rez.

i dont know for sure but i guess the cold mastery just lowers the rez whatever happens (like other modifiers like raven or facets) so if -200 from mastery and monster is 180 rez, he ll be at -20 rez after mastery.
U wont see the immune disappear though, as it only works for ur char.