PDA

View Full Version : Starting Characters

Killzor45
05-12-2016, 11:37 AM
Not sure if this is the right sub section for this but I am looking for assistance in choosing a starting class. My friend is currently playing necro and I am doing double to 3x his damage as a javazon. I am posting to ask what are good starting classes for clearing normal/hell for a duo group.

Lucid
05-12-2016, 01:17 PM
clearing normal/nightmare/hell is pretty easy for every class. Its still pretty much as on normal battle.net, with the exception of a new skill for every class and a few reworked synergies while combining with the new rares/uniqs/runewords (which are very powerful).

The bigger problem that i see, is when it comes to the new endgame-areas that are implemented here. You will have already issues on clearing them out, with most of the characters, that are working on normal hell (summoner/boner nec for example).

- But now back to topic and your initial question:

The class that i will start playing in the new ladder will be a poison (maelstrom) necro.

The reasons shortly in an overview:

-Corpse explosion will make me do hellcows, even if i have nearly no gear.
-Poison maelstrom (new skill) is pretty much damage over time and even if it seems to kill cows "slow" it finally kills the enemy no matter how much hp it has (ive done lichking only with trang ouls set + various rares on hardcore).
-Clay golem is the best "tank"-pet in this game. He slows even curse-immune bosses like lichking to a speed that makes them easy to handle.
-After reaching a certain gear level (at least trang ouls set + the lichking dagger) you will have mostly no more mobs that are immune to your posion. Until this stage just use a higher level of your curse that reduces enemy resistance.
-With highendgear a maelstrom nec has 3-4 golems and a crapton of poison damage/cb/ds/ias (since its based on weapondamage, this all counts) you will kill bosses and the absolute highest endgame areas mostly with ease.

That kind of things make him really good at the beginning and the endgame.
Ofcourse there are other classes (like java/thunderfury zeal) that will reach much higher singletarget damage and other classes like (java/bowama) will reach much higher area damage than this nec... Dont worry much about this if you enjoy the way to play. Its not bad, even if javas do cows 3x faster. Java will have problems with lichking at the beginning and with lightning immunes later on in the game. While poison just killz :)

oh and as dual (for you or your partner to play):

Since conviction is also lowering the poison resistances (which it didnt on normal battle.net), a sorcress with talset makes sense. Coldsorcs for example dont know immunes anymore, because -xx% enemy resistance can pierce the enemys immunity here on the server. And its mastery makes exactly that. It deals insane damage and can bring static into the game. Makes bosses minimum 50% faster :)

if you dont like these particular classes or have other questions, just ask here or some ppl ingame. They are normally helping out very good!

Killzor45
05-13-2016, 06:46 PM
That last paragraph confuses me a bit. Could you revise in more simpler terms?