PDA

View Full Version : bnet temp ban issue

agent
05-14-2016, 11:47 PM
I thought I was banned from east/west because I tried logging on using the anni client, but I was wrong
I could still access asia/europe

So I decided to test something.

1: I set my realm to Asia
2: I closed d2 client
3: Loaded the anni .reg file
4: reopen d2, try logging on the Anni realm (of course doesn't work)
5: switch realms to asia, try logging on,

Voila, banned from asia too now
Still can access europe

Any way around this?

Game
05-15-2016, 12:03 AM
You're definitely ipbanned because a connection was attempted from a non-vanilla client. Even though you change the gateway, there's a key in the registry that doesn't actually change the gateway, it is like a lock. Running Annihilus Realm.reg will clear that, but you should load vanilla d2 right after that and you'll be able to connect to east / west, but only after your temp ip ban is gone. You can use battleping or any other VPN service in the meantime to get around the IP ban.

agent
05-15-2016, 12:50 AM
Maybe i am misunderstanding but what you said makes little sense to me and is irrevelant to my predicament.. I run anni.reg before logging on d2pk, then when i want to switch to east/west i boot vanilla d2, switch realms becsuse anni is there by default then log in. And it works. The problem is when i try to connect to anni via the vanilla client (by mistake because trying to switch too quickly), it gives me an Ipban which is something ive never seen happen on your older realms (or any other realm as a matter of fact)

I never tried logging on east/west/asia via anni client

How long are these bans do you think?

Zee
05-15-2016, 09:19 PM
just use battle ping/wtfast to get around it