PDA

View Full Version : PVM shockwave build and help newplayer questions

sleezy
09-19-2016, 09:24 AM
So just started playing Hc and have found lots of items farmimg act 5 portals. Wanted to switch build from aldurs set because i have foumd some good elite uniques. Will beast work on shockwave druid will I get the +10 maul/lycan?

another question would be where do I farm from here. I went to trist miwth my amazon and got the boss dpwn to half life befre beimg tele one shotted.

Would I be able to do worldstone event with druid 9k health 40% DR 75 RES ALL..

ohhh and what is max DR, vanilla d2 is 50% damage reductiom.

Game
09-19-2016, 11:59 AM
Maul / Lycan will be capped to +3 since you're using it on the class that already has the skills, just like BO on CTA. DR% cap here is 75% :)

rrra
09-19-2016, 12:06 PM
So on this server, you can get up to 95 max resists and 75% damage reduction. Versus some of the endgame boss attacks, you may not get one-shotted anymore, but you still can't lifesteal through it without rejuv usage. This is especially true versus the lich king, (beyond plaguelands) Reziarfg, (worldstone event) Belial, (worldstone event) Tyrael, (key) and the two puzzle box bosses. So I would be very careful doing worldstone event without higher max resists at least.

As for your main questions, a shockwave druid will do best farming ryleh/cows, (cows not as efficient as other classes but still safe) plaguelands, (new area by Blood Raven off cold plains, avoid the Lich King with your spec)) and act 5 portals. Dreamlands are very sketchy on hardcore, seehttp://annihilus.net/wiki_index.php?title=Acid-Injector which is used by Kaalut.

I don't play shockwave druid, but beast seems like a decent choice for it. You'll have to ask someone else for an optimal build.