PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate End Game Summoner Necromancer Guide

nedamettin
10-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Hello people, since 4.1 has arrived, huge improvements are made for summoner necros. This guide will include skill/attribute build and itemization. Items are subject to change. THIS IS A HUGE END-GAME BUILD WITH ONLY 1 LIFE DUE IRON GOLEMS DYING AFTER CHARACTER IS DEAD. I doubt there will be a better summoner necromancer though.

Attributes:

Since necros got a new skill called "lich form" which gives tons of health with percentage, we should keep our vitality as high as possible. That's why I'd prefer going for STR bug with Enigma and charms. All attributes go directly to vitality. If you prefer perfect block over raw HP, go for it. But as a summoner with lots of meatshields, I don't think that's a right approach.

Skills:

20 pts into: Skeleton Mastery, Raise Skeleton, Raise Skeleton Archer, Skeletal Lich and Summon Mastery
1 pt into: Revive, all golem types, Teeth, Corpse Explosion, Amplify Damage

Itemization:

Helm: Shrieking Lich with +1 Golem Enchant (Stat priority = Golem count > All res > Magic res)
Necklace: Diablo's Rebirth (Skeletal Power > Unholy Might > % Vitality)
Armor: Enigma RW Mage Plate with Superior %15 Enchanted Defense and x2 +1 Golem Enchant
Rings: Stone of Jordan x2
Weapon: Goka Uln with +1 Golem Enchant [other two enchants can be used for cannot be frozen and whatever you like] (+5 to Skeletal Lich > Skeleton Mastery > Skeleton Archer > Vitality)
Shield: Warmonger with +1 Golem Enchant (Aura > FCR > All Res if you are close to FCR breakpoint of helmet)
Boots: Death's Advance with +1 to Necromancer Skills enchant (Aura > DR > EDef)
Gloves: Purifying Flame with +1 to Necromancer Skills enchant ( Aura > Absorb)

Switch: CTA & Corrupted Stormshield

Follower Gear: Act 1 Cold Bowyer Rogue

Helm: Focus RW Shako with Superior %15 Enchanted Defense, Damage Reduction Enchant and optional FHR Enchant (All Res > Aura)
Chest: Guardian Angel with x2 DR Enchants and optional CBF / FHR Enchants
Weapon: Faith RW Hydra Bow with x2 DR Enchants (Bow type is your preference, Aura > All)

This setup seems very pricy, ain't it? It is NOT over though. We'll have 8 Iron Golems with very expensive but great items to finish our setup.

Golem Items:

All weapons written below will have maximum amount of Ber runes and Crushing Blow enchants

Frostmourne
Thunderfury
Stormspire / Schaeffer's Hammer / Stormslash
Sshha's Primordial Fang
Insight Runeword
Bramble Runeword
Infinity Runeword
Last Wish Runeword

In total with golems and mercenary we'll have these auras: Physical Pierce (25), Conviction (15), Meditation (18), Might (35), Thorns (40), Holy Freeze (30), Fanaticism (20), Concentration (25)

Disclaimer: PLEASE DON'T YELL AT ME IF YOU DIE AND LOSE ALL THOSE IRON GOLEMS. I'VE SENT A PM TO GAME IF HE CAN MAKE GOLEMS PERMANENT FOR A FUN EXPERIENCE. WE MAY HAVE A HIGH VARIETY OF BUILDS THIS WAY.

Any suggestions on Iron Golem choices are welcome. Meditation Aura is not useless, we'll be spamming many skills with zero + energy from attributes.

rrra
10-10-2016, 12:48 PM
So one thing to note here, remember that auras on different characters do not stack. For example a focus runeword (lvl 10-13 conc aura) does not stack with a warmonger (lvl 15-25 con aura) unless they are on the same character. So in this instance, I think you should use another helmet. I recommend the crucible helm for the mass regen aura.

I really like this idea. Lets think it through all the way.

Some other candidates to potentially include:
1. Husk of Kaalut - the poison aura
2. Steel pillar - defiance
3. El Druin - procs
4. Azurewrath - I think it may make your summons elemental (fire, cold, light) immune. Its worked for me before - Test this
5. Plaguebringer - proc
6. Acid injector - proc
7. Khalims hope - proc
8. Bulwark - Aura
9. Trag Ouls True Guise - Proc and aura

nedamettin
10-10-2016, 12:58 PM
I use focus helm for %max all res it provides, if you know of a helmet which has both all res and %max res let me know. I know "auras don't stack" part aswell. Mercs just can't live without max res.

champion
10-10-2016, 01:41 PM
1 relog and you probably lose 7 golems badum tss

rrra
10-10-2016, 01:58 PM
I use focus helm for %max all res it provides, if you know of a helmet which has both all res and %max res let me know. I know "auras don't stack" part aswell. Mercs just can't live without max res.

With GA, you already have 90 max res. Thats enough Imo. Get the rest with a jewel in the helm + a decent roll on your devils bargain. In any case, its a small difference.

One other suggestion: On items that you are using primarily for their procs, (frostmourne, thunderfury, schaeffers hammer etc) socket/enchant either attack speed or -element resist for maximum proc damage.

nedamettin
10-10-2016, 01:59 PM
So one thing to note here, remember that auras on different characters do not stack. For example a focus runeword (lvl 10-13 conc aura) does not stack with a warmonger (lvl 15-25 con aura) unless they are on the same character. So in this instance, I think you should use another helmet. I recommend the crucible helm for the mass regen aura.

I really like this idea. Lets think it through all the way.

Some other candidates to potentially include:
1. Husk of Kaalut - the poison aura
2. Steel pillar - defiance
3. El Druin - procs
4. Azurewrath - I think it may make your summons elemental (fire, cold, light) immune. Its worked for me before - Test this
5. Plaguebringer - proc
6. Acid injector - proc
7. Khalims hope - proc
8. Bulwark - Aura
9. Trag Ouls True Guise - Proc and aura

Azurewrath doesn't work, it needs to be a metal material. Same with injector. Others I've thought before but poison ones seems weak. Maybe plaguebringer may own though.

kenkph
11-28-2016, 11:22 AM
doesnt work, relog and enter new game and u already lose all your iron golems except one and sometimes even all,tested many times with cheaper auras items, corrup shako will be much better then your forcus helm on merc if u just want the 5% resist max, i been trying to make summon nec my main since he was my Fav on battlenet decade ago, tried alot items,builts already, hes better since patch but work best just as a meatshield,damage output wise even almost full chant cant compare at all to my half built wind dudu with 0 chant

kenkph
11-28-2016, 11:26 AM
i tested full golems chants summoner,he isnt good, using some chant slots for 1skill all or other chants even work better , i even enchant my weapon switch cta and shield with golems so that they wont proof when i self BO but they still isnt that good, end up switching using some chant slots to other better chants,wasted like 4 golem scrolls and abyss =<

Game
11-28-2016, 11:42 AM
i tested full golems chants summoner,he isnt good, using some chant slots for 1skill all or other chants even work better , i even enchant my weapon switch cta and shield with golems so that they wont proof when i self BO but they still isnt that good, end up switching using some chant slots to other better chants,wasted like 4 golem scrolls and abyss =<

Golems are much stronger next patch, just be patient! They don't do tons of damage but they can tank for days and provide good utility.

Lucid
11-28-2016, 12:25 PM
Golems are already the best tankpets in the whole game if im right?! So... Are there changes for the pets of other classes too? (valkyrie, decoy, shadows?)

Game
11-28-2016, 01:18 PM
Golems are already the best tankpets in the whole game if im right?! So... Are there changes for the pets of other classes too? (valkyrie, decoy, shadows?)

This is wrong. Clay Golem is tanky, but the others die in 1 hit to just about anything.

Lucid
11-28-2016, 02:14 PM
ok. Just tried that summoner for the first time :) impressive work

Game
11-28-2016, 03:28 PM
ok. Just tried that summoner for the first time :) impressive work

Thanks!

Drlukifer
12-01-2016, 07:46 PM
Any reason why you don't use a tyreals over enigma? More stat res and sockets. As long as your golem can get the first kill to start your skeleton army...

Lucid
12-01-2016, 11:19 PM
Golem doesnt need to kill. Skelletonnwarriors can be made out of air and love. Only the archers need corpses and ofc revived xD

Drlukifer
12-02-2016, 05:36 AM
Golem doesnt need to kill. Skelletonnwarriors can be made out of air and love. Only the archers need corpses and ofc revived xD

Then I'd definitely try a tyreals chanted 2x golem

nedamettin
12-04-2016, 06:19 AM
Then I'd definitely try a tyreals chanted 2x golem

this was kinda an old post and i forgot to update it. i thought corpse explosion would matter but it doesn't since only thing that deals damage in this build is... procs from an end game weapon??? so whole build is kinda dumpstered