PDA

View Full Version : Melee Assassin - need input!

Lucid
11-20-2016, 03:19 PM
Hey fam, <br />
<br />
i wanted to ask if there are people out there, playing a melee assassin? Or at least were there attempts to try it? <br />
<br />
I know, assassin per se is pretty weak and probably way more...

Game
11-20-2016, 04:19 PM
I have a few ideas in mind, but it is up to you guys to figure out what works best :) The potential is definitely there, while the elemental damage can be strong I recommend not focusing solely on it.

rrra
11-20-2016, 05:58 PM
ww sin with chaos +the new claw is pretty strong. Jack of all trades buffs all the +elemental damage on the new claw by a ton.

Lucid
11-21-2016, 01:43 AM
New claw? Is it in the wiki yet? I have seen only tricksters and firelizards there.

and thx rrra for the ww sin input. But like i said, i wanted to try a martial arts sin like it was meant to be played. Not focussing on a single skill like ww or kick. I wanted to try to make a working base of a martial arts sin, that really has this "dps rotation".

I dont see a way yet. Maybe this comes with skill and gearscaling :)

rrra
11-21-2016, 04:35 AM
http://annihilus.net/wiki_index.php?title=Touch-Of-Death-Assassin
That's the new claw. It makes several of the builds you are thinking of decent when paired with a nats set. With higher level gear, you could do even better.

val
11-23-2016, 06:33 AM
ww sin with chaos +the new claw is pretty strong. Jack of all trades buffs all the +elemental damage on the new claw by a ton.

I wanna know the exact ww sin build, please:)

Ukon
11-23-2016, 06:54 AM
All I played was trapsin and hybrid win and ghost sin on reg bnet. I'm currently testing gear combos to make a hybrid ww sin work. Main issue is AR ATM.

rrra
11-23-2016, 06:55 AM
I dont recall the exact build, but I remember parts of it: Chaos and Touch of death claws, crown of the skeleton king, lich boots, sanc armor, steelrend. I don't recall the rest. Max venom, claw mastery, jack of all trades at least. I know some people basically treat it as a ghost and maxed fade for the damage reduction with the rest going into shadow +jack of all trades synergy. You could also max blade shield +shuriken flip for the extra blade shield damage. Experiment with it.

Ukon
11-23-2016, 08:14 AM
The above is similar to what I have been testing.

I was thinking of doing more of a hybrid than a pure ww sin. Faster kill speed overall.

val
11-24-2016, 06:57 AM
Well...something really interesting happend yesterday with the sin(currently 96 lvl),.... Skill points distribution: jack max, claw mastery max, venom max, cobra strike max and some other points to shadow etc. I was making 99 k dmg. At the moment of the reset and build i was 95 lvl. When i get to lvl 96 i decided to put that skill point to blades of ice and then boom - 20 k dmg. WTFFFF.....

Drlukifer
11-25-2016, 09:54 AM
New claw? Is it in the wiki yet? I have seen only tricksters and firelizards there.

and thx rrra for the ww sin input. But like i said, i wanted to try a martial arts sin like it was meant to be played. Not focussing on a single skill like ww or kick. I wanted to try to make a working base of a martial arts sin, that really has this "dps rotation".

I dont see a way yet. Maybe this comes with skill and gearscaling :)

WW and kick have always been the best melee builds for sin mostly because of the hits per second. The ww sin works nicely, lots of hit power. Ive wondered how a tfury kicksin would do with a corrupted stornsheld and nephalem. Use blade shield or shurikens for venom...

Drlukifer
11-25-2016, 10:24 AM
I dont recall the exact build, but I remember parts of it: Chaos and Touch of death claws, crown of the skeleton king, lich boots, sanc armor, steelrend. I don't recall the rest. Max venom, claw mastery, jack of all trades at least. I know some people basically treat it as a ghost and maxed fade for the damage reduction with the rest going into shadow +jack of all trades synergy. You could also max blade shield +shuriken flip for the extra blade shield damage. Experiment with it.

Here it is:
Skeletal king crown - vital for attack rating, cb and life % 2x light horad chanted 35lph
Sin nephalem - holy shock adds light damage with jack of trads
Sanctuary balance - 6x Psn horad 2x chanted 35 lph
Chaos runeword - death sentry base for corpse explode, blade shield is nice too, mine comes from anni but I'd rather it on claw chanted 300 life +2% life
Touch of death - this adds amazing elemental damage with jack of all trades 2x light horad. Chanted 300 life +2%
Steelrends- splash and CB chanted 1 sin
Scourge lord - don't be scared to overflow your dr% remember it's adding life. Also source of magic resist.
Deaths advance - chant 1 sin
1 sin soj, 1 cons ring
30+ life ma gcs

Max fade, venom, jack, claw mastery, and twin fang.

This sin can solo anything and can slaughter hell cows just by abyss blinking. Mine has almost 7k hp and hits 110k wws without buff chars.

-Enjoy.

rrra
11-25-2016, 04:24 PM
WW and kick have always been the best melee builds for sin mostly because of the hits per second. The ww sin works nicely, lots of hit power. Ive wondered how a tfury kicksin would do with a corrupted stornsheld and nephalem. Use blade shield or shurikens for venom...

Jack of all trades does not seem to work on holy shock. At least it doesn't show up in the sheet dps for me? Game is this intended?

Drlukifer
11-25-2016, 04:28 PM
Jack of all trades does not seem to work on holy shock. At least it doesn't show up in the sheet dps for me? Game is this intended?

http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=11324

is it for kick or ww?

rrra
11-25-2016, 04:46 PM
kick

Game
11-25-2016, 07:11 PM

It is definitely adding damage, the damage chart is often inaccurate unfortunately.

Lucid
11-26-2016, 03:18 PM
Thats one more point rendering the stacking attacks of an assassin useless af. If a flat 3000 damage of each element gets buffed by enchant and jack it gets more viable if you can attack as fast as...

liumtra
11-26-2016, 07:35 PM
i tried it last 2 days. and ended up with 175k unbuff kick tried to charge it with thunder claw but somehow it didn't gave any dmg. got 11k ar so im sure it didn't miss tried it for like 30 mins or so

Drlukifer
11-26-2016, 08:30 PM
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac157/drlukifer/liumtras%20stats_zpsla5av1n6.jpeg (http://s895.photobucket.com/user/drlukifer/media/liumtras%20stats_zpsla5av1n6.jpeg.html)
liumtra

Lucid
11-27-2016, 10:56 AM
yea thats because kick is no longer a finisher skill. You will need to use dragon claw or standart attack to unleash the charges you have made with FoF/CoT/BoI. <br />
<br />
and Drlukifer is that a fully...

Drlukifer
11-27-2016, 11:15 AM
It's liumtra I don't know

liumtra
11-27-2016, 11:18 AM
actually thats my dragon strike sin. its uncharged and unbuffed its does no dmg on dl boss even with CoT