PDA

View Full Version : Ladder Reset February 23rd 2017, Patch 5.0 Info

Game
01-20-2017, 09:52 AM
Hey guys! Just a quick update so everyone is up to speed. We originally planned to reset the ladder and launch Annihilus 5.0 on March 3rd 2017, but unfortunately the Nintendo Switch was recently announced to be released that day. A lot of players have expressed concern because they want to play the start of the reset but also want to play the Switch on launch, so we have moved the date forward to February 23rd.

The 5.0 patch will be launching with the reset, and is potentially one of our biggest updates yet. This list isn't 100% confirmed but here are some things we're planning to have.

- Reworked Crucible
- Increased Level Cap
- New Bosses
- New Vanilla Items
- Harder Boss Fights
- Reworked Barbarian skills

There will definitely be some more, but those are some of the standout things coming. I hope you all are looking forward to it!

Eric
01-20-2017, 10:09 AM
Sounds good boss :cool: excited to find out level cap!

Mephisto
01-20-2017, 10:26 AM
Hell yeah :) Can't wait!

Lampogriz
01-20-2017, 12:18 PM
Will all these new things applied to non ladder?

Game
01-20-2017, 12:19 PM

Yes!

Savior
01-20-2017, 01:46 PM
Interesting :) I've had some thoughts about reworking some of the skills for a while though that I'd like to share.
I know a few of these ideas are probably not possible, a lot of work or just bad ideas but I feel some are good ideas.
Just figured I'd give some ideas for future patches possibly or even one of these to get squeezed into this patch :D
Wishful thinking, lol.

Paladin - Change Conversion, maybe to a Poison Type Attack?

Barbarian - Change one of the Warcries into a stronger attack, possibly upgrade War Cry so barbs can have a strong caster attack.

Sorceress - Add A New Item With A New Sorceress Skill or just a new skill, maybe a Magic/Poison or Physical Type Skill?

Necromancer - Maybe a new Curse or bring back a New type of Skele Mage so Summon Necro's arent pure physical, or possibly a new item to summon Skeleton King?

Druid - Change Poison Creeper/Carrion Vine/Solar Creeper to something useful, my only suggestion is Summon Poison Raven/Summon Cold Wolf/Summon Fire Grizzly.

Amazon - Change Inner Sight and/or Impale to a New Passive or Summon to go with Valkyrie, or a new Magic Javelin skill?

Assassin - Change Blade Sentinel And Blade Fury, maybe to Cold Traps?

Drlukifer
01-20-2017, 04:58 PM
Hey guys! Just a quick update so everyone is up to speed. We originally planned to reset the ladder and launch Annihilus 5.0 on March 3rd 2017, but unfortunately the Nintendo Switch was recently announced to be released that day. A lot of players have expressed concern because they want to play the start of the reset but also want to play the Switch on launch, so we have moved the date forward to February 23rd.

The 5.0 patch will be launching with the reset, and is potentially one of our biggest updates yet. This list isn't 100% confirmed but here are some things we're planning to have.

- Reworked Crucible
- Increased Level Cap
- New Bosses
- New Vanilla Items
- Harder Boss Fights

There will definitely be some more, but those are some of the standout things coming. I hope you all are looking forward to it!

Let's make barb great again! Super pumped. +1 Alex for all the time and energy going into our simplest of pleasures.

Thor
01-21-2017, 08:18 AM

- Reworked Crucible
- Increased Level Cap
- New Bosses
- New Vanilla Items
- Harder Boss Fights

Excellent! #InGameWeTrust (http://annihilus.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=InGameWeTrust)

pulse37
01-21-2017, 09:28 AM
yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh

Scorchz
01-21-2017, 10:46 AM
i remember sugesting a level cap increase months ago , and i've been denied by the community :P

jurat
01-21-2017, 10:14 PM
cant wait. sounds interesting to say the least

RevanDarth
01-22-2017, 01:51 AM
I'm so excited lol, thanks Alex :D

Dante
01-22-2017, 05:11 AM
sweet, looking forward :)

nedamettin
01-22-2017, 11:52 AM
i think end-game barbs look pretty solid but their start and mid game is totally dependant on others. they may need a kickstart summon skill with shield throw

Lucid
01-22-2017, 01:44 PM
i smell ancient pets for barb

aaand lvl 105.

Game
01-22-2017, 02:39 PM
i smell ancient pets for barb

aaand lvl 105.

I'm going to go ahead and kill this now guys, barbarians will not have a pet in 5.0. Sorry!

Savior
01-22-2017, 03:15 PM
I'm going to go ahead and kill this now guys, barbarians will not have a pet in 5.0. Sorry!

Murderer.. lol

rrra
01-23-2017, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the update and all of your hard work!

seneka
01-23-2017, 08:21 AM
I hope u make diablo 2 great again I play alot this game many years many servers and I like this server soo just w8 for the next pach :) and I really hope many users to come for the next ladder and pach 5 !

LordManhammer
01-23-2017, 08:38 AM
Annihilus is already great:)

Lucid
01-23-2017, 09:24 AM
I hope u make diablo 2 great again I play alot this game many years many servers and I like this server soo just w8 for the next pach :) and I really hope many users to come for the next ladder and pach 5 !

dis.

Im pretty much excited of the revamped barb skills. I love the new vengeance skill, hoping to see similar results :)

TheOne
01-24-2017, 06:53 AM

him A L W A Y S was great ... those awsome update, impossibility botting make this server BEST !

emre2010
01-24-2017, 07:14 AM
nice

FromTheRez
01-25-2017, 06:22 AM
I smell level 120 :) Or even 127!

Crusade
01-26-2017, 06:02 AM
Time to hit the corner and sell my body for prepaid visas! <33 ;3

Savior
01-26-2017, 06:04 AM
Time to hit the corner and sell my body for prepaid visas! <33 ;3

That's hawt. ;)

vaudeville
01-27-2017, 12:56 PM
A couple questions on increasing the level cap which pretty much boils down to have you already tested everything that will be affected by that, such as

1) Item level requirements being boosted (for example, the Book of the Abyss should now be at the new max level in stead of level 99 if the intent still of course is that you had to be at the highest level to use that)

2) Whether the current ratios for items with the "based on character level" will be modified or left alone.

3) Whether certain stat requirements for certain items be boosted (just going to say of all things I highly doubt this), and

4) Whether skill levels will be capped at 20 still or 20 + X

Game
01-27-2017, 05:38 PM
A couple questions on increasing the level cap which pretty much boils down to have you already tested everything that will be affected by that, such as

1) Item level requirements being boosted (for example, the Book of the Abyss should now be at the new max level in stead of level 99 if the intent still of course is that you had to be at the highest level to use that)

2) Whether the current ratios for items with the "based on character level" will be modified or left alone.

3) Whether certain stat requirements for certain items be boosted (just going to say of all things I highly doubt this), and

4) Whether skill levels will be capped at 20 still or 20 + X

None of those things will be changed, atleast no plans to do so as of now.

Savior
01-27-2017, 06:25 PM
I think having none of those things change is a good thing, and if it's possible more custom items with higher lvl req can be added maybe! :eek:

saesa
01-27-2017, 06:38 PM
Cant wait for cruci rebuild!

bonnell21
01-29-2017, 12:13 PM
sound nice

Thor
01-31-2017, 05:07 AM
Honestly, can't wait to get back to playing!

TheOne
01-31-2017, 08:06 AM

- Reworked Crucible
- Increased Level Cap
- New Bosses
- New Vanilla Items
- Harder Boss Fights

This is a awsome news in special greedy ppl can't make again ALONE ( ^^ ) cruciable

hope not

Yes!

whyyy ? :(( better to have more ppl active in leadder then in no ladder .... how manny itemes for exemple i have now.... will be nice to keep for one way... but.. since we are a low comunity i just hope no ladder will no more exist.

Ukon
01-31-2017, 08:53 AM
What is the level cap being increased to?

Mephisto
01-31-2017, 09:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik

I think we'll have to find out when the reset hits :)

Game
01-31-2017, 10:40 AM
This is a awsome news in special greedy ppl can't make again ALONE ( ^^ ) cruciable

hope not

whyyy ? :(( better to have more ppl active in leadder then in no ladder .... how manny itemes for exemple i have now.... will be nice to keep for one way... but.. since we are a low comunity i just hope no ladder will no more exist.

Lol, you're funny. Non-ladder will always exist, I don't want to erase peoples previous hard work. Most people will still play ladder, and just play their non-ladder characters occasionally.

Savior
01-31-2017, 12:22 PM
Lmfao, I thought for sure non-ladder characters were going to go bye bye.
A lot of people asked me if they were or not, and I assumed they were gonna be deleted.
So I told every person who asked me, "Probably Yeah They'll Be Deleted".
Good job Savior, giving out false information and breaking peoples hearts.
My bad, my bad. :rolleyes: lol

PSyren
02-02-2017, 03:41 PM
I'll probably try to play, but I dunno how much lol.

Lucia9096
02-05-2017, 06:13 AM
Interesting :) I've had some thoughts about reworking some of the skills for a while though that I'd like to share.
I know a few of these ideas are probably not possible, a lot of work or just bad ideas but I feel some are good ideas.
Just figured I'd give some ideas for future patches possibly or even one of these to get squeezed into this patch :D
Wishful thinking, lol.

Paladin - Change Conversion, maybe to a Poison Type Attack?

Barbarian - Change one of the Warcries into a stronger attack, possibly upgrade War Cry so barbs can have a strong caster attack.

Sorceress - Add A New Item With A New Sorceress Skill or just a new skill, maybe a Magic/Poison or Physical Type Skill?

Necromancer - Maybe a new Curse or bring back a New type of Skele Mage so Summon Necro's arent pure physical, or possibly a new item to summon Skeleton King?

Druid - Change Poison Creeper/Carrion Vine/Solar Creeper to something useful, my only suggestion is Summon Poison Raven/Summon Cold Wolf/Summon Fire Grizzly.

Amazon - Change Inner Sight and/or Impale to a New Passive or Summon to go with Valkyrie, or a new Magic Javelin skill?

Assassin - Change Blade Sentinel And Blade Fury, maybe to Cold Traps?

Shut up skrub. I'll see you soon buddy =D

Savior
02-05-2017, 06:22 AM
Shut up skrub. I'll see you soon buddy =D

Lol Indeed. Fu Fu Fu. :mad:

Yrreiht
02-05-2017, 11:26 AM
I want to know if thing will have a little more chance to drop. Item like Frostmourn ,book of the abyss, tyrael's might,key of justice since ladder wont be lasting long time

Game
02-05-2017, 11:26 AM
I want to know if thing will have a little more chance to drop. Item like Frostmourn ,book of the abyss, tyrael's might,key of justice since ladder wont be lasting long time

Less chance if anything.

Yrreiht
02-05-2017, 11:30 AM
so this server will be more and more for advanced players and less fun for noobs like me? guess i'll have to try harder hahaha

Game
02-05-2017, 01:04 PM
so this server will be more and more for advanced players and less fun for noobs like me? guess i'll have to try harder hahaha

The best items in the game shouldn't be found within a week :) You don't have to have the absolute best gear to enjoy yourself here, and when you finally do get one of the best items it makes it feel even better when they are rarer.

LordManhammer
02-05-2017, 03:10 PM
Game, would it be possible to add a fourth difficulty level? Inferno perhaps.

Savior
02-05-2017, 03:18 PM

With all the added content already in the game its basically like there already is an added difficulty.
I'm pretty sure he would have added a whole new difficulty if it was possible, but I assume that wouldn't be very easy.
He probably wanted to add a new difficulty but couldn't, so instead chose to add places with harder difficulty.
Or at least that's what I'm assuming, you'd have to wait for his reply to get the real details.
But I'm quite sure he'd probably say something along the lines of what I just said. :D

Game
02-05-2017, 03:19 PM

Not really possible to do, nor do I think it is necessary :) Difficulty will be higher in 5.0.

LordManhammer
02-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Not really possible to do, nor do I think it is necessary :) Difficulty will be higher in 5.0.

Will the experience values be changed at all? I was just thinking about the lvl99-?(new lvl cap) grind and how mind numbing that might be if the game becomes more difficult with the existing experience gained from monsters.

Game
02-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Will the experience values be changed at all? I was just thinking about the lvl99-?(new lvl cap) grind and how mind numbing that might be if the game becomes more difficult with the existing experience gained from monsters.

XP gains not changed. It was already way too easy to hit level 99! Hitting level cap isn't supposed to happen overnight.

Yrreiht
02-05-2017, 05:00 PM
The best items in the game shouldn't be found within a week :) You don't have to have the absolute best gear to enjoy yourself here, and when you finally do get one of the best items it makes it feel even better when they are rarer.

yeah but not finding any while playing since the patch 4.0 was on sucks a little... well i had the book of the abyss in 3.2 so i guess it was my lucky shot. anyway... can't wait to see 5.0 and thank you for your hard work on this server. its the best D2 experience ever

Game
02-05-2017, 08:51 PM
yeah but not finding any while playing since the patch 4.0 was on sucks a little... well i had the book of the abyss in 3.2 so i guess it was my lucky shot. anyway... can't wait to see 5.0 and thank you for your hard work on this server. its the best D2 experience ever

Yep luck goes both ways unfortunately. I am glad you enjoy Annihilus though!

Drlukifer
02-07-2017, 08:21 AM
Game will we be seeing boosted magic charms affix/suffix? More specifically, boosted life and physical damage SCS/LCS/GCS.

Game
02-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Game will we be seeing boosted magic charms affix/suffix? More specifically, boosted life and physical damage SCS/LCS/GCS.

No plans as of now, but I guess I could make some minor modifications to get them a bit more viable!

Drlukifer
02-07-2017, 12:43 PM
No plans as of now, but I guess I could make some minor modifications to get them a bit more viable!

A 25% boost on variables would be lots. As they are right now if they aren't 19-20 life 4-5 all res they aren't really worth the inventory space But a 25/7 being available opens a ton of new variables making more chances at getting good ones. I'm sure most people don't even pick up small/large charms in most cases. I don't see many blue jewels getting nabbed either. If they could roll 60% Ed and 25% IAS like the rares can, I think they would be a lot more viable

Mephisto
02-07-2017, 12:46 PM
Thats a really good idea! What about Skillers with more life or even roll resistance on them?!

Savior
02-07-2017, 12:49 PM
I like where this is going also, these are some good ideas that I think are worth considering. :cool:

Drlukifer
02-07-2017, 12:55 PM
As for the + max damage, I feel this should be doubled at least. I filled my barbs inventory with Mephisto's +12 max GCS and it didn't even move my ww damage from its 53k damage at the time. Then. We might see the rise of a physical bowa once again perhaps

Game
02-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Sure, I'll look into this. As for the blue jewels rolling 60 ED / 25 ias though, that's already possible! Rares and blues have no affix differences now aside from rares having more affixes.

Drlukifer
02-07-2017, 01:10 PM
Sure, I'll look into this. As for the blue jewels rolling 60 ED / 25 ias though, that's already possible! Rares and blues have no affix differences now aside from rares having more affixes.

Wow! I guess I'm the fool that doesn't lewt these :eek:

Snowish
02-07-2017, 01:14 PM
I wanted to post earlier i found a blue 40 ed / 25 ias :) Keep up the good work Game , feeling hyped about reset .. it's like when i log in i really don't know what i`m going to do since there are so many options farm wise and such ... and with the new patch coming up, you gonna turn this realm into a MMORPG soon , haha.

vaudeville
02-07-2017, 02:03 PM

Yes please. That would be a lot more interesting.

Snowish
02-08-2017, 02:47 AM
Hi , just throwin this out there , ever considered throwing some gold drop into this ? I mean i dunno about the previous patches but a gold drop to each end game boss between 1-2 , or even just 1 would be really nice, you would want to grind more that certain spots.

Drlukifer
02-08-2017, 06:55 AM
Hi , just throwin this out there , ever considered throwing some gold drop into this ? I mean i dunno about the previous patches but a gold drop to each end game boss between 1-2 , or even just 1 would be really nice, you would want to grind more that certain spots.

When time rift was released some people put in 2k+ runs in a weekend. That's a lot of gold. 3 bosses alone in there 5 in dreamlands.... It only takes about 2-3 minutes for a run of either of these

Snowish
02-08-2017, 06:59 AM
Well yea , ofc if it would drop gold i would do 5k runs per weekend , its all about those effects u know ..and in 2k runs you would get only 2000 gold , or maybe he could add chance to drop like the items not everytime.

Game
02-08-2017, 07:58 AM
Sorry guys, no plans to make Gold drop. It's not as easy as it sounds either, our system is not designed to make gold in-game add to forum Gold.

Snowish
02-08-2017, 08:32 AM
No problems man , just do what you did until now like i said ur doing a good job.

LordManhammer
02-12-2017, 11:25 AM
such anticipation. So much wow.

BenDz
02-12-2017, 02:36 PM
I came back as well and can't wait for reset - we are so close boys!

Treason2012
02-13-2017, 01:51 PM
Exclusive items wont be lost, correct? Like skin for Necro skeletons

Savior
02-13-2017, 02:10 PM
Exclusive items wont be lost, correct? Like skin for Necro skeletons

I don't think so.

Sheriff
02-14-2017, 02:50 PM
yay!! crucibles were so frustrating :3

SaintSlavut
02-17-2017, 11:10 PM
I'm here to play Anni and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of gum

Lockzilla
02-18-2017, 09:10 AM
I'm here to play Anni and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of gum

what about d2pk? pvp? ;)

vaudeville
02-20-2017, 02:25 PM
To Game,

I've heard there's going to be a number of new items next ladder, and I was wondering if any of them will be dropped by the Swamp King or Ifrit, considering other end-game bosses drops more than one useful late game item. Would be a nice incentive to farm them if that were the case.

Game
02-20-2017, 02:42 PM
To Game,

I've heard there's going to be a number of new items next ladder, and I was wondering if any of them will be dropped by the Swamp King or Ifrit, considering other end-game bosses drops more than one useful late game item. Would be a nice incentive to farm them if that were the case.

They can of course drop from them, but won't be exclusive to them. They aren't necessarily endgame bosses, more like mini-bosses.

shinxcreate
02-21-2017, 11:01 AM
Not much longer now, see you in a couple days Vaude, we'll go nuts!

AndrewJR
02-21-2017, 05:20 PM
When will the patch notes drop?

Game
02-21-2017, 05:35 PM
When will the patch notes drop?

Probably the same day, Thursday!

Savior
02-22-2017, 09:31 PM
Here's a picture of one of our former Annihilus members who asked for info about patch notes.

lol ;)

SaintSlavut
02-22-2017, 10:07 PM

slipw90
02-23-2017, 05:01 AM
what time start next season?

tipherion
02-23-2017, 05:11 AM
what time start next season?

6pm EST if everything goes according to plan from my understanding. That would be approximately 10 hours from the time of this post.

slipw90
02-23-2017, 05:16 AM
6pm EST if everything goes according to plan from my understanding. That would be approximately 10 hours from the time of this post.

thx