View Full Version : The Crow Druid

rrra
02-12-2017, 01:07 PM
Hello Everyone! <br />
<br />
Here is my guide to the crow druid. <br />
<br />
General Pros <br />
Tankiest spec on the server, I currently have 21k+ life, max dr, and max resists. <br />
Anything you can telestomp dies almost...

Savior
02-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Wow, very Very VERY nicely done! :cool:

Snowish
02-13-2017, 03:34 AM
Impressive ! GG rrra , best guide so far i wish the other guides would be the same as this one.

vaudeville
02-13-2017, 08:11 AM
To rrra

Would you consider using Titan's Grip now instead of Divinity for both the might aura and physical pierce and perhaps switch your Mercenary's armor to Steel Carapace?

Also have you tried this build with the Deadly Sin Sword (and then use an Act 3 mercenary with Azurewrath, Dragon's Bulwark, Templar's Might or Steel Carapace, and Focus)?

rrra
02-13-2017, 11:00 AM
To rrra

Would you consider using Titan's Grip now instead of Divinity for both the might aura and physical pierce and perhaps switch your Mercenary's armor to Steel Carapace?

Also have you tried this build with the Deadly Sin Sword (and then use an Act 3 mercenary with Azurewrath, Dragon's Bulwark, Templar's Might or Steel Carapace, and Focus)?

Steel carapace isnt that useful because a high level shout provides alot more defense then a low defiance aura. If there was a better armor aura than templars might, I would definitely consider it though. One I haven't tested is the husk of kaalut. Since ravens benefit from your pierce, you could conceivably use the aura on that (maybe with true guise as well) on a rabies hybrid. It might be worth trying. Azmodans armor is an option too if you are ever rich enough to put one on a merc lol. You could definitely use a well-rolled titans grip over divinity for more damage at the cost of the life, fcr, fhr, the cyclone armor proc and the +1 skill. I prefer the divinity given that I have so much pierce as is and dont really need the might aura. Its just a good bundle of stats.

The deadly sin seems great for this build at first glance. The problem is that its only useful for its physical pierce. You dont use any of its other stats besides the mf. Azurewrath is just the best combination of so many necessary stats. Salvation turns your summons into uber tanks. Damage reduction and magic resist (this is, as of now, the only spec that can face tank nihlathak packs) are awesome. You have 3 skills on a weapon of all things and you have 5 sockets to play with. I honestly can't imagine ever using anything else with a pure crow spec. Well, maybe 5.0 can change my mind. We'll see.

vaudeville
02-15-2017, 02:15 PM
That makes some sense.

You sort of mentioned this a bit already but what about also an Act 3 mercenary with pride (just realized a few days ago you can now make that in a sword), Templar's Might, Dragon's Bulwark, and Focus?

rrra
02-15-2017, 03:03 PM
That makes some sense.

You sort of mentioned this a bit already but what about also an Act 3 mercenary with pride (just realized a few days ago you can now make that in a sword), Templar's Might, Dragon's Bulwark, and Focus?

If I could reliably count on ravens for prevent monster heal, that is exactly what I would go. Unfortunately, in areas where you can't telestomp, raven ai is such that they will sometimes get stuck. So you can't always count on it. See the crucible video at lvl 15 for an example.

vaudeville
02-16-2017, 10:10 AM
I'm afraid I don't follow the point regarding prevent monster heal as it relates to switching mercenaries unless you're saying you're relying on your Rogue hireling with 30% (I assume 30%) open wounds to take care of that.

Also I have a few dreamland keys and frags to donate for videos on Worldstone or Dreamlands but not enough right now for a set.