PDA

View Full Version : Best IK set build?

Brimstonejack
03-05-2017, 12:02 AM
With all the re-vamps to barbs what do you feel is the best build currently for a starter IK barb with crap jewelry, no inventory, rocking a standard stormshield?

LordManhammer
03-05-2017, 09:10 AM
For farming pits with full IK and Stormshield? Shieldthrow is still strong. With the added leech and block recovery from the passive tree you'll be a beast. Don't bother with the berserk synergy. Just 20 points in shield throw and shield mastery. The rest into BO and such.

Brimstonejack
03-05-2017, 10:32 AM
For farming pits with full IK and Stormshield? Shieldthrow is still strong. With the added leech and block recovery from the passive tree you'll be a beast. Don't bother with the berserk synergy. Just 20 points in shield throw and shield mastery. The rest into BO and such.

That's working pretty well, and doesn't require constant potting.

LordManhammer
03-05-2017, 10:43 AM
Yeah, I like it:) Don't forget to load 3 more characters into the game for max drops. The health of the monsters doesn't scale with the number of players anymore just the monster damage. This build can handle the increase of damage taken without any hiccups. Just watch out for cursed monsters. If you get amped you can get into trouble real quick like:)

spdkllz
03-05-2017, 01:34 PM
Are drops maxed at 4 people? Patch notes say exp is capped at 16 people, but nothing about non-boss drops, where is that information from?

LordManhammer
03-05-2017, 04:17 PM
No but the amount of characters that you can have logged in at a time is limited to 4.

Brimstonejack
03-05-2017, 05:57 PM
Is that a new development? i used to run cows with 8 of my own guys on the same account in the same game all the time. It's how I farmed HRs.

acyroma
03-05-2017, 06:05 PM
We set it to 4 accounts to make it harder for a multi-loader to load 16 characters and win the ladder race solo. It will be going back to 8 eventually.

LordManhammer
03-05-2017, 06:34 PM
We set it to 4 accounts to make it harder for a multi-loader to load 16 characters and win the ladder race solo. It will be going back to 8 eventually.

Good to know:)

Brimstonejack
03-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Right now I'm rocking a full IK set and stormshield with a Highlords ammy and a trash ring that has 10 phys pierce on a shield throw build. Kills cows just fine, and does alright in Plaguelands/Tristram, unless I get swarmed by spectres, and 3 of the Dreamlands bosses. Once I upgrade to Corrupt SS and fix my rings, I'll be doing even better.

ziNc
03-12-2017, 03:29 AM
can u tell me what skill points without bersek for shield throw ?with ik

LordManhammer
03-12-2017, 11:26 AM
can u tell me what skill points without bersek for shield throw ?with ik

20 Shield Throw
20 Shield Mastery
20 Melee Mastery
20 Battle Orders
1 into every other passive mastery except Thrown Weapon
1 into Leap and Find Item
1 Battle Cry(this stacks with curses now and is a nice debuff on the monsters for an extra layer of defense)

This gives a great combination of damage and survivability for farming pits:)

Brimstonejack
03-12-2017, 02:48 PM
Then put extra points into shout.