PDA

View Full Version : Advice for berserk barb?

chris
03-26-2017, 01:45 AM
Trying to transition a WC barb into a berserk barb since it seems like noone is trying it and it looks really fun. Obviously this will probably be a lot better when the damage cap is fixed but,

I have about -92% enemy magic res with lazarus gloves, mermans, dual natures peaces and an echoes of arreat and do about 12k to 47k magic damage

The stamina never seems to run out when it hits 0. It just seems to go back to full. Also seems like it only sinks when the no damage chance buff fades away but sometimes it goes down anyway.

Does magic damage work on melee splash? It doesnt seem to but not 100% sure.
Do critical strike or deadly strike increase the magic damage or only phys? Can't tell if some of my blows are going over 87k damage cap or if I'm just weak.

And finally are there certain pieces of gear I should be seeking? Is the grandfather probably the best sword for this if all the magic damage scales off my physical?

And keep lightning a3 merc or get one of the a2 auras?

Game
03-26-2017, 05:01 AM
I can say for sure you're almost certainly hitting the cap, especially with any items at all. All of your physical damage is converted to magic except for 1% of it, so deadly will increase it. Anything that directly increases your physical damage (this means physical pierce will not help) will increase your magic damage.

Fitsu
03-26-2017, 01:08 PM
I can say for sure you're almost certainly hitting the cap, especially with any items at all. All of your physical damage is converted to magic except for 1% of it, so deadly will increase it. Anything that directly increases your physical damage (this means physical pierce will not help) will increase your magic damage.

How does it function with crushing blow, does this blow also get converted to magic damage?

Game
03-26-2017, 01:21 PM
How does it function with crushing blow, does this blow also get converted to magic damage?

It does not!

chris
03-26-2017, 10:27 PM
Thank you so much,

also does might aura and %increased damage on armor slots get changed into magic damage as well?

Game
03-26-2017, 10:33 PM
Thank you so much,

also does might aura and %increased damage on armor slots get changed into magic damage as well?

Yes, anything that will add to a physical normal attack will get converted to magic. Crushing blow doesn't count here because it is a separate source of damage, it does not come from the player itself.

Fitsu
03-28-2017, 06:08 AM
Yes, anything that will add to a physical normal attack will get converted to magic. Crushing blow doesn't count here because it is a separate source of damage, it does not come from the player itself.

Oh also, if it converts physical to magic.. Then does +% magic dmg increase it or +% phys dmg?