PDA

View Full Version : New to Annihilus

Father
05-11-2017, 01:02 PM
Hi All!

My name is Chet, I play a necro named Father. I've always enjoyed poison necro but as I've done some reading I see that summoning is the way to go here. I've played d2 for 15+ years and have recently discovered Annihilius. I'm really enjoying myself, what you guys have done and the work put in to make this fun old game have a fresh feel, kudos.

Is there any tips/suggestions or a 'I wish I knew xxx' before starting kind of deal? Also whats the situation with gold; how do I get it? Gold looks like a pretty valuable resource but I'm at a loss on how to start accumulating it. Appreciate any help and tips.

I look forward to playing this and being apart of the community.

Cheers,
Chet

Game
05-11-2017, 01:28 PM
Hi All!

My name is Chet, I play a necro named Father. I've always enjoyed poison necro but as I've done some reading I see that summoning is the way to go here. I've played d2 for 15+ years and have recently discovered Annihilius. I'm really enjoying myself, what you guys have done and the work put in to make this fun old game have a fresh feel, kudos.

Is there any tips/suggestions or a 'I wish I knew xxx' before starting kind of deal? Also whats the situation with gold; how do I get it? Gold looks like a pretty valuable resource but I'm at a loss on how to start accumulating it. Appreciate any help and tips.

I look forward to playing this and being apart of the community.

Cheers,
Chet

Welcome Chet, welcome to Annihilus! I am sure you will have a blast here. There are tons of changes, probably more than I can really sum up for you here, but we have an awesome community that will be glad to answer any specific questions for you and help you get started. As for the Gold, you can read the FAQ here and it explains it: http://annihilus.net/content.php?r=131-FAQ

I hope you enjoy your stay!

nedamettin
05-11-2017, 01:31 PM
summoner can be hard to start. i'd recommend bowzon or wc barb right now

DrekkenLarr
05-11-2017, 01:40 PM
Welcome chet. They just released zombies and summoners buff so people are def trying it out. Psn got a buff last patch. Bone nec is strong. I'd read the last patch notes. Hmm so new content. Again read the guide part of wiki. Idk what you have seen yet. Hit up scubapig for a tour of new stuff. Gl

nedamettin
05-11-2017, 01:49 PM
poison is very weak. bone nec as i heard (haven't tried myself) is also very weak after nerf but i also heard that people do fine with end game gear. summoner is the way to go.

Game
05-11-2017, 01:58 PM
poison is very weak. bone nec as i heard (haven't tried myself) is also very weak after nerf but i also heard that people do fine with end game gear. summoner is the way to go.

Bone Nec is far from weak ;)

Father
05-11-2017, 05:38 PM
Wow, thanks guys! Already up 60g!

nedamettin
05-11-2017, 10:18 PM

yeah as i said im not sure i get mixed reactions on bone nec ^^

Father
05-16-2017, 01:27 PM

Game,
You defended Bone Necro. What about Poison Necro? What are you comments about poison?

Game
05-16-2017, 01:28 PM
Game,
You defended Bone Necro. What about Poison Necro? What are you comments about poison?

It is definitely the weakest tree right now, but it is receiving some pretty decent buffs in the upcoming patch!

Father
05-16-2017, 01:34 PM
Awesome! Look forward to it. Is there an ETA on the patch?

Game
05-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Awesome! Look forward to it. Is there an ETA on the patch?

No ETA yet, everytime I give an ETA its always wayyyy off, so I tend to avoid them now :)