PDA

View Full Version : A Returning Newcomer

Jsh_Rnwtr
07-08-2017, 03:09 PM
Quite some time ago (mid 2002 to early 2003 or 2005, I honestly can't remember when I was forced to stop), I started playing Diablo II. Now, of course, I didn't get a chance to actually progress very far into it, in fact, the furthest I can remember would probably be I think Act 3, where you face some guy in space or something, some kind of space-ish like maze world with nothing but a background of stars.

Anyways, I started playing Diablo II ages ago, and didn't progress as far as I would like to, and for a while, I actually wasn't able to progress, in fact, I didn't have a computer anymore at the time, nor did I have any kind of internet access for almost 5 years. Well, I finally managed to get internet access again after that, but never owned a computer, so once again, I still had no way to play this fantastic and timeless game. Another few years passed and I eventually got a laptop, however, it was so pathetic of a computer, it couldn't run this at all, not even in the slightest. So, I was once again unable to pursue this game, despite having bought it a total of 2 times prior.

FINALLY, many years later, I finally have a laptop that can play Diablo II, but of course, my laptop isn't as powerful as I would like it to be (trust me, it only has 4GB of RAM and 320GB of HD, I know this game only takes about 512MB to 1GB of RAM, but quite a lot runs on this to keep the system in tip-top shape, and of course, to keep it protected).

Well, things are going well so far, I'm back into playing the game, but of course, this launcher version breaks Single-Player Mode. Not a big, since this time around, I gave up on buying it again, and have decided to do well... the obvious. Anywho, I will more than likely be spending quite a lot of time attempting to beat this game in both Single-Player and online mode, with Single-Player being obviously done on the casual and unmodified version of Diablo II (1.13c) and the online/multiplayer progression on here (mostly because everyone on this community (specifically Annihilus) is actually extremely (if not kind of creepily) nice to me.

So yeah, I already have a level 80+ Necromancer with Trag'Oul (full set) and a few other improvements with amulets, rings, etc. However, unlike the majority of players on here, I am not interested in becoming the most powerful character possible, simply just powerful enough to beat the game with somewhat ease. I'm 100% sure I can beat both Normal and Nightmare mode without any help, but I know for a fact that my Necromancer is pretty much a sitting duck when it comes to Hell mode.

Based of my limited experience with this game from way back then, there isn't a whole lot I can recall, so my apologies for any and all incorrect details, but long story short... I turned my character mostly into a Summoner based Necromancer. His stats are all about boosting the summon monsters and keeping them alive. Without them, I would probably be dead in a heartbeat.

But, with all that said, I do have to post a small thank you to all the people that took the time out of their (busy?) lives in order to provide me with a rush boost (level up boost) and good gear for my character. Eventually I will make it to level whatever the highest is, but for now, I'm just working on completing all the acts that I currently haven't.

Special thanks to a few members in particular for truly helping me out with so much:

Galkon: Thank you so much for getting me started on here with some seriously amazing gear, it really helped out.

Rocky Maivia: A huge thank you for also giving me some seriously good gear and giving me a Horadric Cube early on so I can gain access to Secret Cow Level for working on leveling up myself.

Snorlax (also goes by Hulk/Disney/etc) : Thank you for helping me just recently (7/8/17) with getting all the ACTs available to explore. Of course, I still have to find every single teleportation portal, that way I can go from place to place without having to walk all the way there. Oh and thanks for giving me an even (better?) Horadric Cube, not sure if Item Level actually makes a difference or not.

Ola016: Thank you for giving me the full Trag'Oul Gear Set. You have no idea how much I owe ya. Maybe someday I'll return the favor if I can find something online that you would like in the game.

Game: And of course, to the administrator/creator of this launcher himself/herself (no idea, sorry), thank you for making this and working so much on it, the launcher is amazing and the modifications are amazing as well, however, I do hope that someday you'll fix up the Single-Player option so that it can be at least beatable without having to worry about getting stuck in some area or overrun by monsters because the launcher turns certain areas into boss zones and so forth. I made it pretty far, but then ended up stuck at the Sister's quest because the Cathedral ! icon doesn't actually do anything.

Game
07-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Quite some time ago (mid 2002 to early 2003 or 2005, I honestly can't remember when I was forced to stop), I started playing Diablo II. Now, of course, I didn't get a chance to actually progress very far into it, in fact, the furthest I can remember would probably be I think Act 3, where you face some guy in space or something, some kind of space-ish like maze world with nothing but a background of stars.

Anyways, I started playing Diablo II ages ago, and didn't progress as far as I would like to, and for a while, I actually wasn't able to progress, in fact, I didn't have a computer anymore at the time, nor did I have any kind of internet access for almost 5 years. Well, I finally managed to get internet access again after that, but never owned a computer, so once again, I still had no way to play this fantastic and timeless game. Another few years passed and I eventually got a laptop, however, it was so pathetic of a computer, it couldn't run this at all, not even in the slightest. So, I was once again unable to pursue this game, despite having bought it a total of 2 times prior.

FINALLY, many years later, I finally have a laptop that can play Diablo II, but of course, my laptop isn't as powerful as I would like it to be (trust me, it only has 4GB of RAM and 320GB of HD, I know this game only takes about 512MB to 1GB of RAM, but quite a lot runs on this to keep the system in tip-top shape, and of course, to keep it protected).

Well, things are going well so far, I'm back into playing the game, but of course, this launcher version breaks Single-Player Mode. Not a big, since this time around, I gave up on buying it again, and have decided to do well... the obvious. Anywho, I will more than likely be spending quite a lot of time attempting to beat this game in both Single-Player and online mode, with Single-Player being obviously done on the casual and unmodified version of Diablo II (1.13c) and the online/multiplayer progression on here (mostly because everyone on this community (specifically Annihilus) is actually extremely (if not kind of creepily) nice to me.

So yeah, I already have a level 80+ Necromancer with Trag'Oul (full set) and a few other improvements with amulets, rings, etc. However, unlike the majority of players on here, I am not interested in becoming the most powerful character possible, simply just powerful enough to beat the game with somewhat ease. I'm 100% sure I can beat both Normal and Nightmare mode without any help, but I know for a fact that my Necromancer is pretty much a sitting duck when it comes to Hell mode.

Based of my limited experience with this game from way back then, there isn't a whole lot I can recall, so my apologies for any and all incorrect details, but long story short... I turned my character mostly into a Summoner based Necromancer. His stats are all about boosting the summon monsters and keeping them alive. Without them, I would probably be dead in a heartbeat.

But, with all that said, I do have to post a small thank you to all the people that took the time out of their (busy?) lives in order to provide me with a rush boost (level up boost) and good gear for my character. Eventually I will make it to level whatever the highest is, but for now, I'm just working on completing all the acts that I currently haven't.

Special thanks to a few members in particular for truly helping me out with so much:

Galkon: Thank you so much for getting me started on here with some seriously amazing gear, it really helped out.

Rocky Maivia: A huge thank you for also giving me some seriously good gear and giving me a Horadric Cube early on so I can gain access to Secret Cow Level for working on leveling up myself.

Hulk: No idea who you actually are, but thank you for helping me just recently (7/8/17) with getting all the ACTs available to explore. Of course, I still have to find every single teleportation portal, that way I can go from place to place without having to walk all the way there. Oh and thanks for giving me an even (better?) Horadric Cube, not sure if Item Level actually makes a difference or not.

Ola016: Thank you for giving me the full Trag'Oul Gear Set. You have no idea how much I owe ya. Maybe someday I'll return the favor if I can find something online that you would like in the game.

Game: And of course, to the administrator/creator of this launcher himself/herself (no idea, sorry), thank you for making this and working so much on it, the launcher is amazing and the modifications are amazing as well, however, I do hope that someday you'll fix up the Single-Player option so that it can be at least beatable without having to worry about getting stuck in some area or overrun by monsters because the launcher turns certain areas into boss zones and so forth. I made it pretty far, but then ended up stuck at the Sister's quest because the Cathedral ! icon doesn't actually do anything.

Welcome back! I am glad Annihilus is bringing you so much joy, I hope you stick around for a long time!