PDA

View Full Version : 5.1 Patch Notes (Beta Test)

Game
07-18-2017, 01:13 AM
Hello everyone! I wanted to get the Patch Notes to you all as soon as possible, so everyone can know what to expect in 5.1 and prepare for it. We will be starting the Beta Test for our Subscribers...

Fitsu
07-18-2017, 03:03 AM
WOW this is a lot more than I was expecting and all very exciting. A lot of it (such as puzzles, certain monster nerfs, changes to dodge etc.) really shows that you've listened to the community to. Can't wait!

Wondering how the new dodge mechanic will change up the meta, as skills like vengence or casters were top due to the fact they would always hit so this could suddenly make something like a zealadin top! Interesting stuff. In general this change could have really unexpected effects to a lot of builds, will be interesting to see how it plays out!

Bit concerned about the berserk change, given how it's nearly impossible to run a build that could reduce both physical and magic resistance by enough to have both deal damage to a boss. Meaning that this skill is effectively nerfed by 50% as you'll never be able to deal damage with both side?

Loving the changes to puzzles, can't wait to see the new crucible and forbidden charms.. And this new ultimate boss! Just so hyped for all this.

Naturally concerned for vengance, as dats my build. Best still be a top tier build Game, don't you be making me reroll again I aint got the wealth for that! haha.

Hypeeee!

Bloop
07-18-2017, 03:16 AM
ummm... this is sex

Game
07-18-2017, 03:38 AM
WOW this is a lot more than I was expecting and all very exciting. A lot of it (such as puzzles, certain monster nerfs, changes to dodge etc.) really shows that you've listened to the community to. Can't wait!

Wondering how the new dodge mechanic will change up the meta, as skills like vengence or casters were top due to the fact they would always hit so this could suddenly make something like a zealadin top! Interesting stuff. In general this change could have really unexpected effects to a lot of builds, will be interesting to see how it plays out!

Bit concerned about the berserk change, given how it's nearly impossible to run a build that could reduce both physical and magic resistance by enough to have both deal damage to a boss. Meaning that this skill is effectively nerfed by 50% as you'll never be able to deal damage with both side?

Loving the changes to puzzles, can't wait to see the new crucible and forbidden charms.. And this new ultimate boss! Just so hyped for all this.

Naturally concerned for vengance, as dats my build. Best still be a top tier build Game, don't you be making me reroll again I aint got the wealth for that! haha.

Hypeeee!

Hey there! Just to address a few things, it is a lot easier to get pierce now, since things like auras, curses, and Searing Light can each lower a monster's resist by 50 each. Pierce is still a nice stat, but it won't be the ONLY stat people want now, so Berserk should be super strong. It has some of the highest damage in the game in general when strictly looking at the scaling numbers. As for Vengeance, no worries, it still scales like crazy and with new forbidden charms it'll hardly feel any different.

rrra
07-18-2017, 03:51 AM
Well done and thank you Game and xghozt55!

Mephisto
07-18-2017, 04:00 AM
07!

LordManhammer
07-18-2017, 07:00 AM
Will all bosses be cursable now? Oh and hot damn this is teh sexy!

underdunk
07-18-2017, 10:15 AM
Very nice!

jurat
07-18-2017, 10:12 PM
zDzhgfksdbhjsdlfkcjscntn no words to explain how happy i am to see how many balances youve made! really cant wait to see this drop! by the looks of it hory shiet you did an amazing job

Fitsu
07-19-2017, 05:12 AM
Will all bosses be cursable now? Oh and hot damn this is teh sexy!

Not sure if this what he meant.

Honestly kind of hope this isn't the case, auras are ok as there always-active stuff so you can't gimmick it. But curses tend to lead to boring gameplay imo (I.E. switch on gloves, do lower resist curse, switch off gloves). I don't really like carrying extra gear around that I need to switch pre-combat to apply different effects.

LordManhammer
07-19-2017, 07:08 AM
Not sure if this what he meant.

Honestly kind of hope this isn't the case, auras are ok as there always-active stuff so you can't gimmick it. But curses tend to lead to boring gameplay imo (I.E. switch on gloves, do lower resist curse, switch off gloves). I don't really like carrying extra gear around that I need to switch pre-combat to apply different effects.

Well, he said in the comments here that people won't be so desperate to get pierce on gear anymore because of the change to curses and auras concerning their effectiveness against bosses. If end game bosses are still immune to curses then people will still need to stack just as much pierce on gear(maybe a little less if they have an aura). That's why I was asking if curse immunity on bosses was still a thing.

rattan
07-19-2017, 09:45 AM
Really hyped for this! It looks amazing so far!

torckon
07-19-2017, 01:18 PM
How many days and how much hours do I have to wait for a patch? I want the exact time.

Game
07-19-2017, 02:15 PM
How many days and how much hours do I have to wait for a patch? I want the exact time.

In a perfect world the subscribers will be beta testing the next few days, and we could POTENTIALLY launch within a week.

Fitsu
07-19-2017, 04:55 PM
In a perfect world the subscribers will be beta testing the next few days, and we could POTENTIALLY launch within a week.

No game, he asked for an EXACT time. To the millesecond! Like, 28th July, 2017 and 18:43:58:669

haha :D. Nah man, take your time looks like loads of work has gone into this so no need to rush past the finish line ^^. Be out when it's out and it's gonna be awesome :D.

Icehammer
07-19-2017, 06:51 PM
Nice! Going to check it when official release be up!
Thanks to all :D

player
07-20-2017, 11:22 AM
GAME and FIREHAWK are the real d2 angels!
iii THIS IS EXTRA HOT !!! Thx a lot for the work and efforts.

Mr_Malice
07-21-2017, 05:48 PM
Who's Firehawk?

rattan
07-21-2017, 08:29 PM
Probably some random guy

torckon
07-23-2017, 06:46 PM
why do not new patch..

Brimstonejack
07-26-2017, 11:20 AM

Day 7 of "the next few days..." XD

Game
07-26-2017, 11:35 AM
Day 7 of "the next few days..." XD

I did say in a perfect world, and this definitely is not a perfect world. Sorry!

Brimstonejack
07-26-2017, 11:36 AM
I'm just busting your balls, mate. I know you'll get it rolled out when you're sure it's ready.

Fitsu
08-02-2017, 08:07 AM
Just so I can get an idea of where we're at, has the beta started yet?

Mephisto
08-02-2017, 09:24 AM
Yes, Beta started like 2 weeks ago ~

Ninguem
08-25-2017, 04:20 PM
Yes, Beta started like 2 weeks ago ~

Hi, english it's not my native tongue, therefore, sorry for any wrong sentences.

I play and stop, but keep coming back to server. Great work you guys do here. I read everything about the new patches and i have two questions:

- I know that ladder will reset soon, but people ain't popping up anymore. Since we don't got a certain day, ladder may reset 01/sep as well 30/sep, so I assume the non-subscribers are just gone and waiting, while the subs are playing this beta test, am I right?

- How exactly the subscriber system benefits the non-sub ones? We can't still trade gold among non-subs, so what's the point?

Thanks and keep up the good work. You guys rock.

shadowblack
08-26-2017, 01:55 AM
I ask more or less for when 5.1b? Before or after the September reset?

Game
08-26-2017, 01:59 AM
I ask more or less for when 5.1b? Before or after the September reset?

It should be before, although at this point with the delays we're running into, plans could change. More information will be posted when we have a concrete decision.

shadowblack
08-26-2017, 06:11 PM
Thank you and good luck with everything :)

shadowblack
08-27-2017, 02:10 PM
Question 5.1b beta and aest to download why I update the patch but I continue in 5.0b?

Lucid
08-28-2017, 05:08 AM
You need a seperate folder of annihilus+d2 for beta testing and then follow the instructions that game posted in the betatesting section of the forum. You will have to download the 5.1 patch manually via the link there. And dont forget to switch the realm to annihilus beta when in the characterscreen :)

Savior
08-29-2017, 01:09 PM
Impressive as F***, can't wait until I have time to come back and play!
Hopefully next reset, and if not next, definitely the one after that! :D

Logan3043
09-06-2017, 01:35 PM
Could someone help me understand how these changes effect Hardcore play? Will hardcore characters now be able to complete end game content?

BeLikeALl
10-06-2017, 11:24 PM
YOOO Hi 4 all my virtual friends. im back and cant wait to play on the ladder reset. hope to find a nice party to lvl up and rush mf etc.. nice job Alex

dattelmann
10-07-2017, 06:51 AM
• Plaguelands monsters are now level 87, and will drop items with ilvl 87.

Whats up with the other inferno areas? ( i dont want to open a new topic)
Just asking maybe im just dumb. I always found a lot of set items (for example) at the act 5 inferno areas but i think i never found one at act 3 inferno area.

What ilevel they have?

Game
10-07-2017, 09:42 AM
Whats up with the other inferno areas? ( i dont want to open a new topic)
Just asking maybe im just dumb. I always found a lot of set items (for example) at the act 5 inferno areas but i think i never found one at act 3 inferno area.

What ilevel they have?

All of this is drastically changed in 6.0, I'll have information in those patch notes :)

dattelmann
10-07-2017, 10:38 AM
i really cant wait. the hype is real

Rizzen
10-09-2017, 10:21 PM
It would be nice if we can see the patch notes a bit before the reset this friday. Do you more or less the time of the reset on Friday? (if it is still friday...) I assume we europeans may have to go to sleep early and stand up early :D

Game
10-09-2017, 10:44 PM
It would be nice if we can see the patch notes a bit before the reset this friday. Do you more or less the time of the reset on Friday? (if it is still friday...) I assume we europeans may have to go to sleep early and stand up early :D

I'll get them out asap! It'll probably be somewhere near 6pm EST, so yeah a little late for euro :(

Qne
10-10-2017, 06:28 PM
i win

zeCook
10-12-2017, 03:44 AM
I'll get them out asap! It'll probably be somewhere near 6pm EST, so yeah a little late for euro :(

Not for me, I work american prime shifts, so finish work at 01:00 europe time, just in time to start fresh :D