PDA

View Full Version : Unhandled Exception: (c0000005)/ unable to identify version

PmP
01-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Good day.

Used a fresh install of d2 from the battle.net website - version 1.12a - updated to 1.13d via the blizzard updater

Ran anni.exe, also tried the unzip method

single player works

when attempting to connect to the server (gateway annihilus) I either get unhandled exception (if im running on win xp compat mode) or unable to identify version if no compat mode.

any ideas?

Edit: Fix

Fix -

control panel

system and security

system

advanced system settings

advanced

performance

data execution prevention

set turn on DEP for essential windows programs and services only.

and it worked. Thx.

Game
01-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Good day.

Used a fresh install of d2 from the battle.net website - version 1.12a - updated to 1.13d via the blizzard updater

Ran anni.exe, also tried the unzip method

single player works

when attempting to connect to the server (gateway annihilus) I either get unhandled exception (if im running on win xp compat mode) or unable to identify version if no compat mode.

any ideas?

Turn off compatibility mode for XP as we currently do not support Windows XP, then right-click Diablo II.exe and Run as Administrator. See if that does the trick!

PmP
01-01-2015, 04:14 PM
Turn off compatibility mode for XP as we currently do not support Windows XP, then right-click Diablo II.exe and Run as Administrator. See if that does the trick!

crash + Unhandled Exception: (c0000005)

Game
01-01-2015, 04:18 PM
crash + Unhandled Exception: (c0000005)

What version of Windows are you running? Also, does it say Annihilus 1.0 on the button you're clicking to connect, or does it say Battle.net?

PmP
01-01-2015, 04:19 PM
What version of Windows are you running? Also, does it say Annihilus 1.0 on the button you're clicking to connect, or does it say Battle.net?

win 8.1

it says Annihilus 1.0, but i get the same error when i try any of the normal realms.

ip annihilus.net

zone -5

Game
01-01-2015, 04:23 PM
win 8.1

it says Annihilus 1.0, but i get the same error when i try any of the normal realms.

ip annihilus.net

zone -5

It sounds like some sort of anti virus / firewall to me honestly, do you have any type of security running?

PmP
01-01-2015, 04:48 PM
It sounds like some sort of anti virus / firewall to me honestly, do you have any type of security running?

Yeah i have norton, but even when disabled, when I click on Annihilus 1.0 it gets to checking version then crashes.

Dont think its meant to be

Game
01-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Yeah i have norton, but even when disabled, when I click on Annihilus 1.0 it gets to checking version then crashes.

Dont think its meant to be

Ugh that's so strange, I feel like I have seen this before but the usual fixes don't seem to be working. I definitely wouldn't mind teamviewering in to try and fix it really quick for you.

PmP
01-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Fix -

control panel

system and security

system

advanced system settings

advanced

performance

and it worked. Thx.

Game
01-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Fix -

control panel

system and security

system

advanced system settings

advanced

performance

and it worked. Thx.

No problem! Have fun!