PDA

View Full Version : Server Upgrade and New Patch!

Game
01-16-2015, 09:47 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to let everyone know why we were down pretty much all of today (January 16th). We went under some pretty big maintenance, as we moved to a completely new server. As I am sure most of you know we have been getting DDoS'd for some strange reason this past week or 2, and while our other server was awesome hardware wise, it wasn't equipped to deal with an attack. Thanks to the awesome supporters we have of the server, I had the funds to do something about it. I have been discussing my issues with a few server hosts and finally moved to one today who not only specialize in mitigating the attacks, but they are also very active on reporting the DDoS abuse to the necessary people.

Normally we could never afford the server we moved to, so I just want to take time to thank our awesome staff who chipped in to help out and along with our dedicated players who support the realm with Gold purchases. I appreciate all of you! Not only do we have a new server, but I also completely re-compiled the patch from scratch, hopefully eliminating a few other bugs that were causing us to drop sometimes when it wasn't related to DDoS.

I know I have been saying this a lot lately but thanks so much to everyone who stuck around during these absolutely frustrating 2 weeks, I hope you can finally enjoy yourselves without any interruptions! If we still have some small issues do not worry, I am working very actively with our new host to take care of any issues that arise. I also released Patch 1.1 today, with a lot of new features and fixes. This is another way of saying thanks, you can read all of the changes for Patch 1.1 here. (http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?7216-1-1-Patch-Notes) I look forward to seeing you all in-game!

Redhulk
01-16-2015, 10:08 PM
no need to thank us haha thank you for running the server . keen to see and play the new pacth