PDA

View Full Version : Gold Policy + Any reason to play on the server?

dodikdisko
02-13-2015, 06:10 AM
First of all i would like to critise the gold policy of the server.
I understand that its a free server (well playing on the bnet is also free) but the prices at the gold vendor are somehow overpriced. one hr costs like 5+10 $ ?? you can get 20x as much on the legit bnet from some 3d party sites.

when i looked at the description it was somehow nice:
64 players in a game
high resolution

beside that you cant stay in a game for more than 5 minutes (i cant really blame the admins for that if its because of a ddos) there are not anough ppl playing to get even an 8 man party. the high resolution is broken (the spells dont reach that far on the max resolution and the spectator mode doesnt work at all (you only get the xp and quest but i cant really see whats happening and the game freezes when the spectated changes his location).

better uniqs / sets are nice but it does not matter if the game crashes every 5 minutes

tangar
02-13-2015, 11:54 AM
gold is free obtaineble - just visit website every day. Also there are no really need for gold - runes drops quite often. Gold - just good way to say thanks to admin who pay a lot of money for hosting by himself.

Now server got attacked by DDOS&crushes. Admin working to solve this problem asap :)

sine25
02-13-2015, 01:39 PM
be in the same zone when you spectate, the reason for 64 is each person can have 4 applications open so if you had 8 people playing you could have 32 characters in room. I understand your grief, i feel it too, but game just had a child like yesterday so took a few days off. i bought gold to help out but alot have just saved up to a rune or item they need.

Moose
02-13-2015, 06:42 PM
The spectate doesn't work very well spectating from different acts. That's an issue that's probably not fixable. If you're in the same act, it works very fluently.

sine25
02-18-2015, 10:25 PM
and tangar i do not know what your doing but runes dont drop often lol, the ones youll want to spend gold for are about the same drop rate as bnet

tangar
02-18-2015, 11:39 PM
sine25 at NM difficulty there are no problems with rune drops. The same chance as at the Bnet imho

dodikdisko
03-05-2015, 07:06 AM
so here is more critism on the gold policy:
Gold is the only ingame currency you can use and it is not obtainable ingame. its clearly a pay-to-win concept because getting the gold for free (25 a day if you visit the forums) is a joke.
its like ~2+ months to buy enigma or about 40 days for a zod rune. it also disables some game mechanics like gambling - spending not obtainable gold on that is clearly not worth it.

if you tell me rune drops are blizz like - i did not find a single HR in my entire time playing d2 (and it were like 10 years)

Mephisto
03-05-2015, 09:35 AM
Already found 7 Hr's tho.. Try cs/baal :)

evldmn
03-07-2015, 01:02 AM
First I think the gold system is awesome, but unbalanced, gambling is lost and repair and vendor items shouldn't cost anything, they are useless anyway past level 30.
About the resolution. I don't know why you provided the client with no autotele and advanced maphack and only two higher resolutions.
http://i.imgur.com/oAO7qRT.jpg
I don't know why you didn't provide the advanced client, it work flawlessly in window, doesn't work in fs, but yours doesn't work as well, who plays fs anyway, though.
I like the server and addons, the difficulty and balance patch, the gold system, everything, but hosting it in the us is your mistake, there are no people playing from the us.

Also to the op, there's now way you'll see flawlessly at higher resolutions, because the server only passes near mobs, it isn't made for higher res and I don't think any sane person will try to make it work. I think, though it should be made like the d2 multires patch made a while ago by somebody. When you opened the inventory or stats screen, half of the window was filled with this nice thing hiding the weird picture of things not getting drawn.
http://www.gamershell.com/static/screenshots/1/19208/421218_full.jpg

Mephisto
03-07-2015, 01:23 AM
Repair is free tho, Any higher resolution will ruin PvP :)

tangar
03-07-2015, 03:12 AM
Yep, repair is free :) Gamblin is FREE too actually! Think about it - you earn 25 gold each time you visit this nice forum. 25 gold its 12 gambling attempts - more then enough. You would find equal amount of gold at battlenet for ~hour of gaming. And here its FREE every day, just visit forum. And also there is option to vote for the server for more gold. And its not useless - more players would come to the server from voting - so you are helping server with this voting and receive good reward!

Also its good idea for people who cant play much to spend some $ for runes. It won't make difference for you (try go NM and Hell - there are loads of runes). Donations helps to buy hosting, which is QUITE expensive I say. And admin has to pay for it from his pocket. If someone buying gold for $ - It's really great because its give us opportunity to play at this server.

Its simply to say that its very good system. I enjoy playing at Annihilus. Can't wait till bugfuxes would be finished.

Hades
03-09-2015, 06:09 AM
Actualy i have only gotten 30 gold from voting and i vote almost everyday, they should fix that.

Love all the features, just needs crash fixes and it's golden.
Keep up the good work.