PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper Better Gear?

Shishisenkou
05-18-2015, 04:51 PM
I'm not sure how to title this, but there's a pretty big gap between people who can do Inferno even a bit or other MF areas, even regular ones, and others who cannot.

I was lucky and got Tal's Set essentially for free minus a few things I found myself which greatly helped my character, but I noticed right away, if you don't 'have' the good gear, it's next to impossible to actually 'get' the good gear. It takes the perfect gear to get the perfect gear from what I've been seeing.

I don't mean add some amazingly godly items for more poor people. I think there should be something to help lessen the gap between people who have gear and those who don't so the people who are struggling to find what they need can slowly work their way up instead of just finding that one perfect piece which launches you right near the top. I'm not sure what to state for item stat wise though. It's a very hard situation to explain but there's a very sharp split between the crowd.

Thoughts/criticisms welcome.

Game
05-18-2015, 05:02 PM
I'm not sure how to title this, but there's a pretty big gap between people who can do Inferno even a bit or other MF areas, even regular ones, and others who cannot.

I was lucky and got Tal's Set essentially for free minus a few things I found myself which greatly helped my character, but I noticed right away, if you don't 'have' the good gear, it's next to impossible to actually 'get' the good gear. It takes the perfect gear to get the perfect gear from what I've been seeing.

I don't mean add some amazingly godly items for more poor people. I think there should be something to help lessen the gap between people who have gear and those who don't so the people who are struggling to find what they need can slowly work their way up instead of just finding that one perfect piece which launches you right near the top. I'm not sure what to state for item stat wise though. It's a very hard situation to explain but there's a very sharp split between the crowd.

Thoughts/criticisms welcome.

Indeed I was aware of this as well, we have something in 2.1 which is more or less a new cow kind of level that is just a littleee harder than normal cows but should help prepare for inferno a little better.

SacredBlood77
05-18-2015, 06:00 PM
Indeed I was aware of this as well, we have something in 2.1 which is more or less a new cow kind of level that is just a littleee harder than normal cows but should help prepare for inferno a little better.

I love the mass slaughter of the cow level, looking forward to a new area with cowish things in mind.

Dante
05-19-2015, 01:10 AM
I can relate to what you mean. I think the problem is not the gear, but more the difficulty.
I mean look at tal/ik or nat set, they are all extremely good and fairly easy to get.

There is really not much high end gear I use for Inferno or Dreamland. My druid who can solo inf pretty easily for instance uses IK set, gulli helm and switching some mediocre set pieces (angelic, raven) or absorb gear. Well my smite uses exile (which you can farm base and runes in cows already easily) and yea Odium. But nothing else high end. Even for Odium there is a cheap alternative like Dures/Leviathan/Coh.

All I can say is the more you play the better stuff you get and that's fair for me, cause it would be not fair if all new players can instantly compete with you.
The thing that should be changed, that's the point I agree with you, should be to allow new players to quicker explore new content successfully, without getting killed dozens of times.
So better gear will help you optimize and kill stuff better and faster, but the mediocre stuff already helps you through quite solidly.

Just my opinion, you can add better and easier to find gear as well, as Game said above, to solve the problem, but shouldn't be too easy. Patches should not be beatable in 1-2 days and be boring cause so easy, but more like being interesting for weeks.
Finding a balance between demanding gameplay and attracting new player is a very hard task, it will never be to everybody's satisfaction. Let's see what the new patch brings... :)

Crusade
05-19-2015, 04:06 AM
Omfg so hyped for the 2.1 release! I feel like I'm waiting in line at gamestop all over again =P.
Btw, on SC I never seemed to get anything, but as soon as I started playing HC the drops dont stop for some reason ~.~; Minus the runes, I can't seem for the life of me to ever find a rune above Lem -.-

Shishisenkou
05-19-2015, 12:11 PM
I can relate to what you mean. I think the problem is not the gear, but more the difficulty.
I mean look at tal/ik or nat set, they are all extremely good and fairly easy to get.

There is really not much high end gear I use for Inferno or Dreamland. My druid who can solo inf pretty easily for instance uses IK set, gulli helm and switching some mediocre set pieces (angelic, raven) or absorb gear. Well my smite uses exile (which you can farm base and runes in cows already easily) and yea Odium. But nothing else high end. Even for Odium there is a cheap alternative like Dures/Leviathan/Coh.

All I can say is the more you play the better stuff you get and that's fair for me, cause it would be not fair if all new players can instantly compete with you.
The thing that should be changed, that's the point I agree with you, should be to allow new players to quicker explore new content successfully, without getting killed dozens of times.
So better gear will help you optimize and kill stuff better and faster, but the mediocre stuff already helps you through quite solidly.

Just my opinion, you can add better and easier to find gear as well, as Game said above, to solve the problem, but shouldn't be too easy. Patches should not be beatable in 1-2 days and be boring cause so easy, but more like being interesting for weeks.
Finding a balance between demanding gameplay and attracting new player is a very hard task, it will never be to everybody's satisfaction. Let's see what the new patch brings... :)

Pretty much all of this. It's probably not so much the gear, rather the difficulty, as you said. Don't get me wrong, I love MFing quite a bit, but when you actually 'need' the good gear to do the MFing is where the problem comes in. But it goes back to the difficulty issue since anything can slap you in the face now. It's not really ragequit worthy but it's a pain in the ass if you're new. No one should get everything handed to them, but something to help ease the blow to catch up would be absolutely grand.

SacredBlood77
05-19-2015, 12:14 PM
Pretty much all of this. It's probably not so much the gear, rather the difficulty, as you said. Don't get me wrong, I love MFing quite a bit, but when you actually 'need' the good gear to do the MFing is where the problem comes in. But it goes back to the difficulty issue since anything can slap you in the face now. It's not really ragequit worthy but it's a pain in the ass if you're new. No one should get everything handed to them, but something to help ease the blow to catch up would be absolutely grand.

Trist boss is 100% rage quit worthy, think i'm slowly growing more insane every time I try to kill him without dying.