PDA

View Full Version : Repair Ethereal Gold Item

Shishisenkou
06-09-2015, 01:20 PM
I can only assume this could 'possibly' be abused, but what about adding a new item to the Gold vendor that lets you repair any ethereal item and ONLY ethereal items? Obviously the cost would have to be pretty significant, but it could be a little work around to some people who 'need' their eth items but also need to pay attention to Gold either by donating or voting. It'd be one time use only item as well.

I'm not sure if repairing an eth item also does the whole 'defense' glitch or not, but I think this would be an extremely nice addition.

Game
06-09-2015, 01:38 PM
I can only assume this could 'possibly' be abused, but what about adding a new item to the Gold vendor that lets you repair any ethereal item and ONLY ethereal items? Obviously the cost would have to be pretty significant, but it could be a little work around to some people who 'need' their eth items but also need to pay attention to Gold either by donating or voting. It'd be one time use only item as well.

I'm not sure if repairing an eth item also does the whole 'defense' glitch or not, but I think this would be an extremely nice addition.

Unfortunately this would fall into the category of 6k+ defense glitching :( I have no idea how to stop that either, but its a cool idea if it was possible to do so.

Shishisenkou
06-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Yep, I took a search on the CE forum aspect and apparently it's so hard-coded into the game, you'd literally have to rewrite how Ethereal is fixated in the game. The idea isn't hard but apparently it's scattered in VARIOUS places for an ungodly stupid reason.

I can't remember how exactly the cube recipes works anymore, but would it be plausible to see if the cube recipe can check if the item is ethereal, if so, remove 50% defense on fixing durability? I think that'd stop the bug from happening but I don't think you can remove def% in the cube if I recall, that, or it applies the defense after the recipe.

Game
06-09-2015, 08:00 PM
Yep, I took a search on the CE forum aspect and apparently it's so hard-coded into the game, you'd literally have to rewrite how Ethereal is fixated in the game. The idea isn't hard but apparently it's scattered in VARIOUS places for an ungodly stupid reason.

I can't remember how exactly the cube recipes works anymore, but would it be plausible to see if the cube recipe can check if the item is ethereal, if so, remove 50% defense on fixing durability? I think that'd stop the bug from happening but I don't think you can remove def% in the cube if I recall, that, or it applies the defense after the recipe.

Yeah as far as I know fixing it is pretty much out of the question. That workaround wouldn't work either, because any cubing on an item that's ethereal will break its defense over 6000, regardless of what the recipe is supposed to do.

Shishisenkou
06-10-2015, 02:22 PM
Ugh, that's really annoying. Welp, thanks for the clarification and heads up on this at least! Thank you!

Game
06-10-2015, 05:43 PM
No problem, trust me if I could fix the 6k defense bug it'd be a super high priority, it ruins so many things that could be awesome :(