PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Deathly
06-12-2015, 07:25 PM
Hi all, just started today after some technical problems :P I've played many other servers (pvp based) and was wondering what the main differences are between this and the regular servers?

Game
06-12-2015, 10:01 PM
Hi all, just started today after some technical problems :P I've played many other servers (pvp based) and was wondering what the main differences are between this and the regular servers?

Hey there! Sorry about the issues, our host's network was having some problems. We have several changes, most of the really big ones are listed on the front page though. If I were to tell someone the biggest change to try and surprise them it is probably the fact you can get 64 players in a single game here. We also have increased difficulty, experience gain, very convenient features such as Spectator Mode and viewing items stat ranges by holding CTRL while hovering over an item. There's just so much to list, one of our bigger things that people really love that just came out in the latest patch is the new awesome PvM content we have. There is a post in the Strategy Guide forum explaining them (R'lyeh and The Cow Kingdom). We really try to add new content but keeping it close to how the original game was so it truly feels like an expansion Blizzard may have released if they still supported Diablo 2.

Incase you didn't see it, heres what we advertise on our front page:

• Very similar to a Blizzlike server, aside from several gameplay improvements listed below!
• Increased Experience Gain.
• Increased Game Resolution to modernize the game.
• Difficulty has been slightly increased, making the game more challenging yet rewarding!
• New End Game Content, Bosses, and high level areas so there is always something to do.
• Uniques and Set items have been buffed / remade to be competitive with Runewords! Over 90% have been updated, making Magic Finding exciting again.
• Character limit in-game increased to 64, up from 8! Party Screen has been completely remade and improved with new features to support this.
• Spectator Mode has been added. You may now click Spectate at the party screen to see a players point of view, no matter where they are.
• Several useful features are now built directly into the game, such as Maphack, buff timers, and more stats listed on the stat screen.
• You can hold CTRL while hovering over an item to see which stats vary and their ranges, just like in Diablo 3.
• Gold is now a main currency, it is not obtainable by normal means and can be used to buy useful items at the new vendor found in Rogue Encampment.
• Color Dyes for items, an item to remove something from a socket without destroying it, and Token of Absolution are a few things found at the Gold Vendor!
• Many convenient features, such as increased stash size, increased cube, Invite all players to party, and more!

If you have any more specific questions feel free to shoot me a PM and I will do my best to answer them! And once again sorry for the issues earlier today :) It isn't often the server has issues like that, very rare actually. We may have an occasional game crash here and there but I am very disappointed our first impression with you had to be during such a rare occurrence :(