PDA

View Full Version : Iso a name Color too

Jared
06-14-2015, 12:57 PM
i think it would be nice for the more known players to have a different color name too

maybe just set us up with a sub-forum and anybody can apply and the already players with the tag have 24 hours to vote if they accept and if they get more yes then no they get the tag + privilege to vote others in also.

lmk:D

Game
06-14-2015, 02:26 PM
Ugh the colored names are really to let people know who are real staff, and what rank of staff they are. I don't want that possibly getting confused!

Jared
06-14-2015, 02:42 PM
We could do 1 extreme opposite color like black or purple and it is kinda to put them apart from the average player... like a point between staff and random so we know that we can atleast have some faith in the person so we know if they are not marked they are possible tanes or animals

Mephisto
06-14-2015, 02:42 PM
I would vouch for this, 1 color for people that are trusted/known

RoyaleX
06-14-2015, 04:39 PM
i vouch this but id say for donation only..and donators would have a specific color but only one color so nobody was singled out at spending the most money. and if we can have black? PSHHHH CHANGE ME FORMR ED TO BLACK lol

RoyaleX
06-14-2015, 04:41 PM
but I also agree kinda..with meph and jared..people like them are pretty trusted here..and maybe it would be good for new players or oytheres to distinguish the shitheads from the trusted bc staff isn't always on

Research
06-14-2015, 05:27 PM
i wanna be white color

nonesovile
06-14-2015, 05:30 PM
i wanna be white color

you get rainbow.

southheaven
06-14-2015, 06:21 PM
my shoe

aolin
06-14-2015, 09:22 PM
+1 for donator/trusted colour

Jared
06-14-2015, 09:32 PM
eh i don't like the idea of the donor color but i do like a community selected trusted squad ^^

nonesovile
06-14-2015, 10:00 PM
Ugh the colored names are really to let people know who are real staff, and what rank of staff they are. I don't want that possibly getting confused!

i agree with this though, most people are already confused when they see my name is red.

Dante
06-15-2015, 04:11 AM
i agree with this though, most people are already confused when they see my name is red.

I agree and I don't like the idea with name color neither. This will lead to even more confusion and we need some kind of name color explanation. Many new players don't even read all through the patch notes and changes anyway, colors seem to add even more on top of that.

But I agree on a signature for trusted players, maybe like a hint somewhere so people can easily relate all the different ingame accounts to a single trusted and marked on forum (maybe colored name there). Would be way easier to implement too. Can we link multiple accounts to 1 forum account and use that information to display something ingame? This or something easy and similar. Maybe a star in front of the name (ingame or forum), but that's like jsp right :D

Besides that, I wouldn't rank this suggestion that high at the moment, because we rarely have cases of scammed trades, I feel it's more like the top players know the values and trade with themselves or even give frees or explanation to new players. Good suggestion for future larger community thought.

e:

I'd also like the idea to have some extended staff. Maybe few people organizing events, duels or public runs on a schedule. I could imagine a different color for those staff members then.

Zigity
06-15-2015, 02:00 PM
Seems to me like the direction this is heading would be to add a very light staff position that would essentially be based upon a mutual trust, understanding/knowledge, and helpfulness of the realm. Perhaps something like an "Apprentice" position where the existing staff nominated and voted for a few folks to become apprentices...

I fear that establishing a position based solely on trust and social status without an attached responsibility to the realm will lead to a "inner circle" that would basically create a lower/upper class gap between players. Lets face it, on this realm it is much more difficult to flourish by oneself without donations than* it is once you already have a plethora of items and characters to expand from... and that isn't a bad thing at all, that's just how it is. Give me more time to think on this, i'll probably come up with a more concrete idea lol

Jared
06-15-2015, 06:45 PM
i mean the idea is sort of to make it high and low class in a way... because the more you play the more gear you get but also the more you have chances to associate with others and bond creating a better chance for a vote so the low class are beginners and unproven while the high class (the colored ones) have a bit more experience / friendly trust

nonesovile
06-15-2015, 08:33 PM
i mean the idea is sort of to make it high and low class in a way... because the more you play the more gear you get but also the more you have chances to associate with others and bond creating a better chance for a vote so the low class are beginners and unproven while the high class (the colored ones) have a bit more experience / friendly trust

that is a terrible idea.

Indo
06-15-2015, 09:34 PM
vouch

Jared
06-15-2015, 10:31 PM
vouch

what are you vouching?

Bigdaddywes
06-16-2015, 06:18 AM
i'd vouch this, but only on the conditions that the color be given to VERY well known and trusted users, who have also donated x amount of dollars set forth by Game

Dante
06-16-2015, 12:57 PM
i'd vouch this, but only on the conditions that the color be given to VERY well known and trusted users, who have also donated x amount of dollars set forth by Game

I think the X amount of dollar could lead to feeling of pay to get a status here. The feature could easily swing in more negative than positive way. Why not simply let the VERY well known player be in a pool for soon to be staff and eventually just being staff? I mean there is no reason for keeping them in a extra circle, when we still need to recruit staff.

Jared
06-16-2015, 04:08 PM
i agree that the status shouldnt be paid for but i also dont want to become staff... it should be a place you need to go before you become staff but i just want to let people know ive put some time into this game made a few known friends and haven't scammed anybody

SaintSlavut
06-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Vouch. I like this idea. Doesn't have to be colored names, but a trusted tag of some sort would be sweet. :cool:

Zigity
06-17-2015, 12:40 PM
Adding onto my previous post... the system as it is now seems fine. The members who go out of their way to help new people should do so regardless of a colored name or not. And if not, their motives may be egotistical. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

I'm not against change or anything like that, I do think this idea has potential. However, some ideas that have already been brought up which I fear will promote a negative view of the realm include paying for social status, a promotion without attached responsibility, and an "inner circle" of elites.
Expanding on these three ideas, money should have nothing to do with ones status on the realm. Since you can already get 60 free gold per day, this is not a p2p type of server, and I think we all would like it to stay that way. The promotion without responsibility is a double sided sword... Jared brings up a great idea about a trusted type of tag but not becoming part of staff, which alludes towards the "Apprentice" idea that surfaced in my previous post. It can be a great idea in itself to let the community know which members are to be trusted, but without an attached responsibility (such as being dedicated to help new members in whatever way that may be)- I fear it will lead to the third problem; an "inner circle." We've all experienced it, even if it was at recess in grade school. The cool kids on the football team who pick you last because you don't have the jersey. It's that type of thing, for lack of a better example.

I do think this has a great potential, but there needs to be a method to the madness, if you will... maybe a sort of itinerary that defines each level of staff and the new "Apprentice/Trusted" group in debate, along with what each responsibility is attached to each group along with a brief explanation of how it can be attained. For example, if the current staff acted as a "council of elders" and nominated 3 users per month in a private forum on here, and then the top voted user would attain the rank in discussion.... like I said before, this is just an idea. I see the potential, but I do strongly agree that it is better to try and plan this the best way possible rather than rushing into it and creating something that would hinder the community and its potential for growth and sustainability.

SaintSlavut
06-17-2015, 02:50 PM
At this point I think the lowest GM position is basically the same thing as being a trusted player. Might as well write up an app if you want to stand out among the heathens.

FromTheRez
06-18-2015, 03:38 PM
Also, the known trusted players could band together and ask for a Clan Tag in the party screen.

I don't believe there should be more colored names

Jared
07-07-2015, 02:33 AM
Bump hehe

rastamun1234
07-07-2015, 07:05 AM
Honestly I thought that maybe this was an ok idea until I read this. This is all just an ego stroking lol.

Moose
07-07-2015, 10:25 AM
i nk colors so it's ok