PDA

View Full Version : ubers

forest
07-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Is an IK frenzy barb good enough to handle ubers? I'm really in need of torches at this point and he's my best character as of now. The only other one I have is a zeal pally that I have been working to gear to change to smite.

If not, what's the best budget character to handle ubers?

Jakkt
07-07-2015, 08:12 PM
The problem you'll see with a frenzy barb in Ubers is that there's two sets of uber monsters each - i.e. two diablos, two mephistos, two baals. When I went in there as a frenzy barb, I found the only way I could KILL them was if I could isolate each uber. I used the section where Griswold would normally be. You would need to get a good lock on Mephisto as well because he likes to run away and then you'll get caught facing skeletons which you cannot lifesteal from. It's not that the IK barb isn't good enough, it's just despite all of your effort, his kit isn't equipped to deal with it. I used to Fury druid on Vanilla D2 with dracs and some other high end build stuff however druids on Anni fall a bit short and I doubt he'd have enough to get away with two sets of ubers.

Your best bet is to make a good friend who can help you torch farm. There's also services to torch farm for you and they keep the standard of heroes + the additional organset depending on what you're willing to give up. :/

EDIT: Get that zealer a smiters outfit.

SaintSlavut
07-08-2015, 09:34 AM
+1 Jakkts reponse. If you can get a friend to help clear spawns that should make it a lot easier.

forest
07-13-2015, 10:29 AM
frenzy ik + zealer worked, thanks for the suggestion about baiting to bottom right, that worked nicely on the mephs. now that I have a smiter nearly finished it's definitely much easier though :P

slicplaya
07-14-2015, 02:54 AM
It's really ez to just use a smiter. You can easily multiclient and enter the portal with 1p and tag everything. then have smiter enchanter and boer enter and buff. Have sorc static exit n go smite away. 2 mins done. b4 you kill last boss fill the game for a ton of SoH.