PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading runes?

Lokix
07-08-2015, 10:15 AM
Might be nice to have. Been sitting on a Sur forever... just hoping to get another so I can get one HR for the price of two, lol. Should just be one to one downgrade, i.e. Zod gets Cham, Cham gets Jah, Jah gets Ber, and so on.

Eric
07-08-2015, 01:01 PM
This is an odd but good idea, something would have to be put into the cube with the rune to be downgraded or else someone could just continuously downgrade them and say they didnt mean to and try to get their rune back. We will have to see what alex says. I like it though.

/e someone could still do that with something else in the cube. but it makes it a little safer if lag or something were to happen. something simple like a tp book or a health pot. just for safety.

Lokix
07-08-2015, 01:52 PM
yeah, that would work. rune + any health pot or something.

itzswamp
07-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Maybe instead health pot make it a scroll like weapon and armor upgrade also maybe downgrade weapons and armors as well would be good for lld gear

Lokix
07-08-2015, 06:34 PM
The only problem, I think, with making it a scroll is that it seems a bit imba to have a HR, then have to pay the cost of about half of a hr... to get a lesser hr. Downgrading weapons and armors would be too OP for LLD, I think.

FromTheRez
07-08-2015, 11:41 PM
I believe this would be a fine addition as long as it was solely for runes

Dante
07-09-2015, 12:34 AM
I think this is one of the ideas that make the game too easy. Trading and hunting the stuff you want is a crucial part of the game and getting the runes you need by just downgrading is super boring for me. Upgrading is a compromise in that sense you going to lose 1 rune but change the item.

Imo HR should not be seen as a general currency but each for it's own use. You say you sit on Sur forever? Why can't we have some more runewords with sure instead, know what I mean?
If the downgrade will not cost anything it is like selling the rune to Hadriel and get another lower one meh.

If we can find a compromise that actually costs something like the upgrade way, I would be fine.

Lion
07-09-2015, 01:17 AM
Good idea, just pref. it as it is (personal reference).
If cost to downgrade (encorage people to trade & makes low runes worth picking up) could use perfect gem(s). (Using perfect gem(s) is commenly used allready so would be easy to acces and yet hold a small value).

Best of luck with the suggestion.

norak
07-09-2015, 01:52 AM
dunno about downgrading(would probs mess up the market a bit since infernal chests often contain HR's - get 1 xer rune and end up with what?? 20 hrs?) no way lol) but upgrading without gem would be WIN!.. alll those dol fal and io runes..

acyroma
07-09-2015, 05:10 AM
dunno about downgrading(would probs mess up the market a bit since infernal chests often contain HR's - get 1 xer rune and end up with what?? 20 hrs?) no way lol) but upgrading without gem would be WIN!.. alll those dol fal and io runes..

I'm pretty sure you don't need gems to upgrade runes already.

Dante
07-09-2015, 05:36 AM
Put 2x Ber in cube and see if you need a gem :D

Lokix
07-09-2015, 06:04 AM

As I said in my original post, it would be a 1 to 1 downgrade. You would only get one Cham for downgrading one Zod.

Lampogriz
07-09-2015, 06:37 AM
nn it imo

ginger
07-09-2015, 08:57 AM
naw its not worth it. People complain that zod is most often drop rune and that it is worthless or w/e. But you can cube it up to the two next runes that tare both new and contained in some of the new runewords, epescially malevolent which is a godly runeword as is. NN people to uncube jahs to get meni bers you can already buy HRS for gold lol. Since you are sitting on that Sur find a good necro helm to make the new runword :D

07-09-2015, 09:20 AM
runes of the same value should be able to do this ?

Lokix
07-09-2015, 10:21 AM
. NN people to uncube jahs to get meni bers
Again, it's one to one. You're not getting two or three Bers for a Jah, just one Ber for one Jah. It's like trading a HR for a HR.

you can already buy HRS for gold lol.
Irrelevant? It'll take about ten days to get a HR, if you only vote for gold.

Since you are sitting on that Sur find a good necro helm to make the new runword :D
Yeah, I have no use for a necro helm so... I'm just sitting on that Sur rune.

ginger
07-10-2015, 12:56 PM
doesnt matter if u find a jah u shouldnt be able to turn it into a ber, nor turn your sur into a Lo, and then into ohm

Elk
07-12-2015, 11:17 PM
a 1 way downgrade sounds nice (ber > 1 sur > 1 Lo etc)

possibly with Rune + Pgem, to give them a little more use aswell again

im sitting on 4 jah that i barely have use for

and a zod and a xer