PDA

View Full Version : Patch 2.2 Delay and Information

Game
07-09-2015, 02:02 PM
Hey there guys, I have not been too vocal about Patch 2.2 so I decided to let everyone know what is going on and why it isn't out yet even though it has been done for roughly a week. As most of you know, I have a good friend who does a lot of external coding for our server. He is a genius but because of that he is unfortunately quite busy with his actual job.

The reason this is an issue is because he wrote a feature for us back for 2.1 allowing us to create portals via cube recipes (R'lyeh for example). While it worked great in Act 1, we never tested it for the other Acts as it was not needed in 2.1. 2.2 requires the feature to work in all Acts, which it unfortunately doesn't. After I finished creating all of the new levels and finished all of the new content, I went to test the cube recipes right before we launched, and they didn't work! We are pretty much waiting for him to get time to fix that issue for us, as all of our new content in 2.2 takes place in Act 5. I spoke with him today and he will let me know later tonight whether he will have time to fix it by tomorrow or not.

If he cannot fix it by tomorrow evening (that is when I would like to release 2.2) then I have a few alternatives that I kind of do not want to do, but will have to if that is what it takes to get 2.2 out for you guys. If he says he can get it out a day or two after tomorrow then we may delay it until then, as moving the levels out of Act 5 is something I do not want to have to do.

So that's that! While the actual content in the patch has been done for about a week, the code making the stuff work properly on the server doesn't work. I just wanted to get everyone on the same page so you all do not think Patch 2.2 is just a myth! To give you guys something to look forward to I have compiled the patch notes, which you can find here (http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=7986&p=50864#post50864). Thanks for understanding guys, hopefully I have more news for you soon!

Shishisenkou
07-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Take all the time you need! You and lolet are busting ass on your work and we're all thankful you've improved on everything so much. Take your time, keep up the good work when you can and just take it easy!