PDA

View Full Version : newb questions.

Sinsaine
07-22-2015, 04:39 PM
with the new foh wep that converts the foh damage to phys and fanat replacing holy shock..

does str/dex points affect the dmg as well?
is foh based ias or fcr or neither?

Game
07-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Str/dex will not affect it, it is FCR based.

Sinsaine
07-22-2015, 05:31 PM
Str/dex will not affect it, it is FCR based.

I tried FCR didnt notice a difference, also as phys damage it gets blocked like 95% of the time in PVP.. is this suppose to blockable because its not blockable as magic damage.

Game
07-22-2015, 06:59 PM
I tried FCR didnt notice a difference, also as phys damage it gets blocked like 95% of the time in PVP.. is this suppose to blockable because its not blockable as magic damage.

Anything physical is indeed blockable,its FCR but theres still a delay on the skill itself so you cannot cast it any faster, its just the cast animation for the cast will end sooner.

Sinsaine
07-22-2015, 07:16 PM
but when its blocked roughly 95% of the time on a not-so-geared toon, is it worth the hassle compared to an unblockable magic dmg one?.. just trying to figure out if its worth making a build with.....

PSyren
07-23-2015, 03:40 PM
Anything physical is indeed blockable,its FCR but theres still a delay on the skill itself so you cannot cast it any faster, its just the cast animation for the cast will end sooner.

Yeah that makes that item pretty useless I have to say. I mean he was testing on my smiter who has 1.4k health and was hitting like a fly when he hit with a phys foh once every 9 tries lol.

Sinsaine
07-23-2015, 03:59 PM
Yeah that makes that item pretty useless I have to say. I mean he was testing on my smiter who has 1.4k health and was hitting like a fly when he hit with a phys foh once every 9 tries lol.

aye. trying to figure out wut the point of this is.. to troll people into farming it to find out its pretty useless pvp? :D

guccitea
07-23-2015, 04:12 PM
Lol, my guess is that it was created in theory to raise foh's dmg by making it less susceptible to bm sorb (50% dr cap vs 75% res max res and sorb). But at the same time... I'm not sure if they knew it was going to be make it blockable. My take on it pvp-wise anyways, haha.

Sinsaine
07-23-2015, 05:50 PM
Lol, my guess is that it was created in theory to raise foh's dmg by making it less susceptible to bm sorb (50% dr cap vs 75% res max res and sorb). But at the same time... I'm not sure if they knew it was going to be make it blockable. My take on it pvp-wise anyways, haha.

well i think they knew it would be blockable as phys dmg.. but not sure if they knew it was going to be blocked 19/20 times.

Game
07-23-2015, 06:01 PM
well i think they knew it would be blockable as phys dmg.. but not sure if they knew it was going to be blocked 19/20 times.

Well considering block caps at 75% I do not think it is blocked 95% of the time, that is just my take on it! When designed we knew it would likely be used in a hybrid build, not a build focused solely on FoH.

Sinsaine
07-23-2015, 06:24 PM
aye, i have it on charge/smiter but i tested it several different times on several different players and it literally landed once every 20 times.. i tried on duffman, psyren and a few others.. ximp...

guccitea
07-23-2015, 10:55 PM
Well considering block caps at 75% I do not think it is blocked 95% of the time, that is just my take on it! When designed we knew it would likely be used in a hybrid build, not a build focused solely on FoH.

That's what I would have assumed too, about it being blocked only 75%. Hopefully it isn't a bug from the dmg conversion. This doesn't happen on the circuit orb does it?

@Sinsaine: It is still odd that it happens on multi people and multiple times so much for you.

Game
07-23-2015, 11:02 PM
That's what I would have assumed too, about it being blocked only 75%. Hopefully it isn't a bug from the dmg conversion. This doesn't happen on the circuit orb does it?

@Sinsaine: It is still odd that it happens on multi people and multiple times so much for you.

Definitely no bug, I think there is just some exaggeration here! Nova is likely blockable as well.

PSyren
07-23-2015, 11:44 PM

bruh do you want to come in the fucking game and see how useless it is ? The whole thing is a joke. Don't make it blockable. It's not like phys nova where you can cast it at 200 fcr and make it viable. You can increase your fcr, but it doesn't help the animation on which foh drops. So if it's blocked 75% of the time while you're casting at 200 fcr you maybe get one or two at max more foh ? Like give me a break. If the sorc item is gfg even though it can be blocked the pally item should at least break fcr bps if it can be blocked. It's not much of a fucking upgrade for a foher if a shit ass smiter with 1.5k health like me can fuck it up before it gets a chance to land a hit. Game I respect what you do, but some of the things you and your staff think of even after testing are a joke. if you have no intention of fixing it just remove the phs dmg so it doesn't lead anyone on. I feel like that's the same for the extra phys dmg that hammerdins get off of the new charm. I'm not sure why you think punishing weak champs is a solution. Maybe you should start looking into why people can enter a duel game and can't take a sorc with caster chuthulu down past 1/4 health unless they've farmed there guts out for semi decent gear. I sure as fuck know anya didn't get his gear because he farmed it, so why does his sorc get special abilities ? Yopu need to either reset ladder because people like him got rich off of bugged items, or fix the obvious problems with the items you keep creating.

nooV
07-24-2015, 12:03 AM
tl;dr

Game
07-24-2015, 01:26 AM
bruh do you want to come in the fucking game and see how useless it is ? The whole thing is a joke. Don't make it blockable. It's not like phys nova where you can cast it at 200 fcr and make it viable. You can increase your fcr, but it doesn't help the animation on which foh drops. So if it's blocked 75% of the time while you're casting at 200 fcr you maybe get one or two at max more foh ? Like give me a break. If the sorc item is gfg even though it can be blocked the pally item should at least break fcr bps if it can be blocked. It's not much of a fucking upgrade for a foher if a shit ass smiter with 1.5k health like me can fuck it up before it gets a chance to land a hit. Game I respect what you do, but some of the things you and your staff think of even after testing are a joke. if you have no intention of fixing it just remove the phs dmg so it doesn't lead anyone on. I feel like that's the same for the extra phys dmg that hammerdins get off of the new charm. I'm not sure why you think punishing weak champs is a solution. Maybe you should start looking into why people can enter a duel game and can't take a sorc with caster chuthulu down past 1/4 health unless they've farmed there guts out for semi decent gear. I sure as fuck know anya didn't get his gear because he farmed it, so why does his sorc get special abilities ? Yopu need to either reset ladder because people like him got rich off of bugged items, or fix the obvious problems with the items you keep creating.

Jeez man calm down, I fix everything that I can, I am a one man team here. Anya farmed for a LONG time and has traded non stop to get a rich as he is, he didn't just magically get gear. He's been here since the beginning. Sure the paladin items are a little weak, I fully intend to atleast rework the paladin abyss sphere as soon as I get a few minutes. I work 50 hours a week, have a 5 month old son, and a wife I spend as much time with as I can. I cannot snap my fingers and fix everything right away. Anyone who has been around on my servers know I put my heart into my work and I always do what I can to make things right and fix every issue I can.

My point is, the people who've been around a long time and have a plethora of rare items is naturally going to be stronger than newer players, that is how games like this work. It isn't "special abilities" I am not going to change that. I fix things as quick as I can, if something is noticeably much weaker than something other items of its caliber (see mavs set compared to others before the latest buff) I WILL get around to fixing it. I don't purposely break things or make them crappy. Cussing at me and insulting my work isn't going to change my methods, infact it just makes you look rude. I don't know what you have going on in life but I put much more time into this server than a lot of other people put into their hobbies. I run this server because I enjoy it, it is not my job. Don't forget that please. While I thoroughly love updating this server, I cannot prioritize it over my health or family. I have been very sick lately as well.

southheaven
07-24-2015, 03:43 AM
im gay.

so true

Jared
07-24-2015, 07:27 AM
so true

Lol

PSyren
07-24-2015, 09:13 AM
Jeez man calm down, I fix everything that I can, I am a one man team here. Anya farmed for a LONG time and has traded non stop to get a rich as he is, he didn't just magically get gear. He's been here since the beginning. Sure the paladin items are a little weak, I fully intend to atleast rework the paladin abyss sphere as soon as I get a few minutes. I work 50 hours a week, have a 5 month old son, and a wife I spend as much time with as I can. I cannot snap my fingers and fix everything right away. Anyone who has been around on my servers know I put my heart into my work and I always do what I can to make things right and fix every issue I can.

My point is, the people who've been around a long time and have a plethora of rare items is naturally going to be stronger than newer players, that is how games like this work. It isn't "special abilities" I am not going to change that. I fix things as quick as I can, if something is noticeably much weaker than something other items of its caliber (see mavs set compared to others before the latest buff) I WILL get around to fixing it. I don't purposely break things or make them crappy. Cussing at me and insulting my work isn't going to change my methods, infact it just makes you look rude. I don't know what you have going on in life but I put much more time into this server than a lot of other people put into their hobbies. I run this server because I enjoy it, it is not my job. Don't forget that please. While I thoroughly love updating this server, I cannot prioritize it over my health or family. I have been very sick lately as well.

yeah I feel bad that you bothered to read that. I was super drunk when I wrote it lel

Mephisto
07-27-2015, 01:29 PM
Holy fuck...U dont wanna know my farm hours bro....LOL