PDA

View Full Version : Gold Suggestion

Meep
08-14-2015, 12:48 PM
Greetings!

I have a suggestion that I think would benefit the server and all of the players a lot:

Add some sort of item that is sellable for gold!
I'd say maybe make it only findable in ilvl 99 areas, or perhaps only certain bosses have a chance to drop it (IE: Dreamlands Bosses, Inferno Bosses).
It can just be something like the pile of gold gfx from Diablo 1 (Called Gold and unidentified), and when identified can range anywhere from 10-20 gold. It could either be sellable to vendors for the particular gold amount, or perhaps it could work like a potion and you can right click it to add it to your gold.
This way you can give players more opportunities to get gold, seeing as how many of the things at the gold vendor are quite expensive and can be very hard to save the gold to purchase. It could also improve trading quite a bit, as you could just trade these for certain items of similar value.
They (meaning items such as NVS and HRS from Hadriel) will still take some time to be able to afford, but this gives players more incentive to MF and play the game!

Just a thought from me, I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks about it!

Thanks for reading,
Meep

Eric
08-14-2015, 12:50 PM
Greetings!

I have a suggestion that I think would benefit the server and all of the players a lot:

Add some sort of item that is sellable for gold!
I'd say maybe make it only findable in ilvl 99 areas, or perhaps only certain bosses have a chance to drop it (IE: Dreamlands Bosses, Inferno Bosses).
It can just be something like the pile of gold gfx from Diablo 1 (Called Gold and unidentified), and when identified can range anywhere from 10-20 gold. It could either be sellable to vendors for the particular gold amount, or perhaps it could work like a potion and you can right click it to add it to your gold.
This way you can give players more opportunities to get gold, seeing as how many of the things at the gold vendor are quite expensive and can be very hard to save the gold to purchase. It could also improve trading quite a bit, as you could just trade these for certain items of similar value.
They will still take some time to be able to afford, but this gives players more incentive to MF and play the game!

Just a thought from me, I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks about it!

Thanks for reading,
Meep

meep4president
/e I really do like this idea though. Drop rate needs to be very little.

Meep
08-14-2015, 03:30 PM
meep4president
/e I really do like this idea though. Drop rate needs to be very little.

And yes, I do agree on that aspect, drop rates should be low!

rastamun1234
08-14-2015, 06:28 PM
This idea is pretty cool I def would like to see it implemented and ya the drop rate should be low but not too low. Make it the same percent as maybe aza organs

Meep
08-14-2015, 06:52 PM
This idea is pretty cool I def would like to see it implemented and ya the drop rate should be low but not too low. Make it the same percent as maybe aza organs

Thanks for your input! :)

Moose
08-14-2015, 07:26 PM
That is a really good idea~ joe so hot

Research
08-14-2015, 07:38 PM
i suggested this to alex 6 months ago and he said no then, maybe he will say yes now

Game
08-14-2015, 08:07 PM
Yes this has been an idea on the table for a really long time and not something we've wanted to implement yet. It's actually a bit of work considering how our gold system works, we'll consider it maybe!

rastamun1234
08-15-2015, 01:19 AM
consider and maybe in the same sentence = no just so everyone is clear lol.

Game
08-15-2015, 01:20 AM
consider and maybe in the same sentence = no just so everyone is clear lol.

Not quite, if it is easy enough to get to work 100% properly and it will not take away from other priorities, then I will discuss it with a few others and decide if it'll be a good feature.

Meep
03-15-2017, 09:50 PM
Almost been 2 years since I suggested this. Still think it's a great idea! Bump for possible reconsideration? ^^

Game
03-15-2017, 10:17 PM
Almost been 2 years since I suggested this. Still think it's a great idea! Bump for possible reconsideration? ^^

It's not possible, and it's not going to happen because of this, sorry :( The system isn't designed to allow items to grant Gold with selling, we'd have to add a LOT of code to our Gold system. I feel like Gold is honestly too easy to get as it is with it being 60 Gold a day and with there being so many events.

sleezy2
03-16-2017, 08:25 AM
Agreed, not to mention buying gold keeps the server going and helps with more content. If you enjoy the game put some money into it, so we keep getting further content!

Newbify
03-17-2017, 09:22 AM
iso lottery