PDA

View Full Version : option to change color of droped items

babetukas
12-06-2015, 11:15 AM
I know there is addons that help you change the color of droped colors, because sometimes you get confused gold with unique items, additionally if possible can you change colors of droped items like grand charms, flaweless or perfect jewels. Vendors would sell perfect jewels would be great addition to this for free, saw few servers doing that.
Also it would be awesome if you could change that lets say if you press alt twice or something that items that droped always showed, so that it wouldnt require holding alt to view droped items. Downgrading runes, egzample rune + any perfect jewel = 1 lvl lower rune

Research
12-06-2015, 12:04 PM
you can change item colors using the config file (D2Ex.ini), there isn't currently a way to change item rarity colors as far as i know other than adding the item code for every single item of a certain rarity then setting it to the color you want for each rarity

you could use my program to generate item filters to aid in this, i don't know if alex added it to the release or not so: http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=8057&p=51292&viewfull=1#post51292
so you could just add every item to the filter list (w/o saving probably) for each quality (one at a time), then copy the text in the output window and replace 'hide' with whatever color you want (WHITE, RED, LIGHTGREEN, BLUE, DARKGOLD, GREY, BLACK, GOLD, ORANGE, YELLOW, DARKGREEN, PURPLE, GREEN, WHITE2, BLACK2, DARKWHITE), then append it to the final config file. the really annoying part would be changing the key value (<key>=code,quality,color) because they need to count from 1 to however many items there are in the list, without skipping any. if you know any programming languages this will be easy to do though.

i was considering adding item coloring to my item filter generator, but i dont have time now