PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year / Annihilus Anniversary!

Game
12-31-2015, 11:09 PM
Hey guys! Happy New Year! Wow, it has been 1 year today since we officially launched Annihilus. When I decided to create this server I had no idea how successful it would be, I am honestly amazed at how far we've come. As I am sure many of you who were here from the beginning know, the first 4 months were ROUGH for us as someone completely unknown to us had a very special method of attacking the server, bringing it down every 60 seconds... literally. I almost lost hope, but we finally figured it out and got it fixed. I am so thankful for those of you who put up with it and stuck around, and are still playing even today. We didn't give up then, even when the crashes were every 60 seconds; so we definitely will not stop until the crashes are close to non-existent. We've come a long way the last year, and we have absolutely no intentions of stopping now. Infact, we will only continue to grow / improve at a quicker rate this year. Thanks for supporting us, we will not let you be disappointed!

This year will be focused on more content, stability, and hopefully improving the advertising of the server to start bringing in many more users. I wanted to wait until we comfortably had enough content / stability before we really start driving the advertising, as first impressions are important. If anyone is interested in making very good quality youtube videos highlighting the features / benefits of our server, please PM me and Acyroma to discuss what we're looking for. We will gladly give Gold to users who create videos we decide to use for advertising! It will need to look as professional as possible, without being too overwhelming to a newcomer. I am also looking to greatly improve the homepage / style of the website as well, if anyone feels they are talented enough to help with this we will also be paying Gold. PM me!

Now that you all know the plans we have for the upcoming year for Annihilus, I will get into the details of the more present events. Let me start by saying I COMPLETELY messed up and underestimated how long the content of Patch 3.1 would take, missing my before-Christmas deadline. We had planned on having a very Christmas-y Rogue Encampment with a special Santa fight. I will not be including this in 3.1 now as it just wouldn't make sense, this is completely my fault and I apologize. I hope you're all here around Christmas 2016 so you can experience it!

The culprit of having Patch 3.1 take as long as it has is what you may have heard about already, The Crucible. The Crucible is the biggest feature (in my opinion) of Patch 3.1. It is a 20-level Dungeon in which every level you will fight a different set of monsters in a completely different tileset level, with the difficulty increasing a little bit each time. To complete a level you must kill EVERY monster in it, WITHOUT the leader (person who started the crucible) dying, and within a time limit. If you die or do not clear the level within the time limit, The Crucible will end and you will no longer be able to hurt any monsters in the level, you will have to start a new game. Every 5 levels you will fight a Boss rather than several monsters, and each Boss has atleast 2 brand new items. This may sound somewhat simple but the time it took to make it work flawlessly (hopefully) with absolutely no bugs / exploits was very overwhelming and unexpected, I hope you all enjoy it. Just be warned, there is literally no way you will clear this on your first couple of tries. You will need to learn the Bosses and gear against them accordingly, you will not have any luck doing this with generic gear.

Some other things (not everything, wait on full patch notes!) to expect in 3.1 without going into too much detail:

- Buffed Magic Classes
- Buffed Physical Amazons
- New Enchants / buffed uniques
- New Runewords

So once again, Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary to everyone! I cannot wait to see what the year has in store for all of us.

thessarill
12-31-2015, 11:39 PM
sounds great! One year, already, gg to you and your team.
Hope everyone will stick around for a long time, and i'm glad the content is always increased !
ty for your job !

tragos
01-01-2016, 04:43 AM
Happy new year thanks for all the great job that you have done we appreciate it! <3

FromTheRez
01-01-2016, 05:04 AM
heehehe, anniversary :)

I'm also impressed at how we have grown! I look forward to the new year and new memories!

acyroma
01-01-2016, 07:12 AM
Happy new years everyone! Cheers to this coming year to be better than the last!!!

Mephisto
01-01-2016, 07:19 AM
Happy new year! can't wait annimore!
Thx again Alex, for making these gosu patches/new content, its looking awesome! Respect!

Grand Master
01-01-2016, 08:29 AM
I'm looking forward to the new content. Thanks for your work Alex :D

PSyren
01-01-2016, 08:30 AM
Happy new year everyone :)

Frigide
01-01-2016, 10:10 AM
Yeah, thx for the hard work!
Happy new year to all.

caca
01-01-2016, 10:14 AM
YA!
=)

Dante
01-01-2016, 01:18 PM
Happy new year :)

Stay as you are guys, I'm really enjoying it here with you and all of the community!

PSyren
01-02-2016, 07:37 AM
Oh can we get a warcry buff :)