PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse's Suggestions

Apocalypse
01-13-2016, 07:27 PM
Hi guys! I've given suggestions to a mod, although I've played so many. But I just like this one so bad, that I'll be glad if I can contribute with ideas, and if something can be used, totally or partially, I'll be amazed already. I'm giving credits to where I got the info when I remember.

So let's get started:

1 - Morphing Dolls

I noticed you guys already did something related to this, in the Cow set, in some Hadriel items, and probably in other situations that I haven't seen yet.
The trick here is to make it so some special monsters have a chance to drop a doll (a figurine of the monster), that when cubed with an item will morph you into that monster when equipped. It's also cool if you make each form give a different bonus, for example, Lazarus from D1 could give a new base FCR, but lose some defense or dr, Diablo could give fire resist, baal could lose FRW but gain summon dmg or decrepify, well, I'm just giving the core ideas, I've checked the wiki and saw that unique helm that loses % attributes, so i'm assuming there's no coding limitations here!

2 - Monster Souls
Do you guys know Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow? In that game the main character has the power to absorb the soul of his enemies, learning their spells. In the mod Nezeramontias, when you kill an enemy, you can get his Normal, NM and Hell souls, which can be equipped as rings or turned into jewels. Those souls can give any spell and bonuses, so you could use, for example, andariel's poison spells, diablo lightning, morph into them sometimes (this could and probably should be merged with the Doll idea).

1 - About the Horadric Cube - Alternative rolling recipes

I noticed that the reroll scrolls will raise the ilvl of the item by 2 everytime the same item is rerolled (rares).
There could be some recipes with a fixed ilvl, low one, that would be cheaper for getting the game more balanced when not using rushes. I'm saying this because before joining the server itself, I finished the 3 diffs in SP and there, having gold available, it was kinda easy, but I noticed the journey without gold is very very very challenging, and there are two big gaps in the mod: from non rushed to rushed, and from rushed to geared. I dont know if this would be interesting but I just had the idea, to make things more smoothly so the person could enjoy the whole mod, and not just being rushed and geared by leeching until they can manage to fight end game stuff (sorry if I'm missing something, but I'm new to the server and I didnt want to wait for more experience to talk about this mod).

The rolling idea is also about magic items, since we cant buy from npcs, if there could be a faster way than rolling with gems, it would be nice, and limiting cheapness with ilvl would make it non abusable.

2 - Mercenaries

I perceived that the mercenaries life got a major boost, and the non act2 mercs got better too (very obvious when using the rogue).

There are two improvements that can be made on mercs:

2.1 - Mercenaries using full gear
This makes a whole new world of possibilities, and talks for itself.

2.2 - Mercenaries-only gear
One very tricky way to improve mercs in a mod is to make items directed to them, that when equipped by a player will cause them to have some debuffs that wont affect mercs, i.e getting life to 1 (as in observer mode).

This way you could make another world of possibilities, like turning rings to merc-jewels, adding auras that only they could use, giving the ironwolves some major skill dmg improvements, etc, all tied to a debuff that prohibits one to use it on the character itself.

I have more ideas to share, but I'll write them here later, my daughter woke up and I gotta take care of her :D

GOOD JOB to the dev team, for the impressive work, that I cant stop admiring, and to the community itself, which is probably even more important than having a good mod - this server is amazing for both reasons, and i'm looking forward to bring more players and help in anyway I can, altho I'm not a teenager anymore, and dont have the same time I used to 15 years ago!

StenchTrench
01-14-2016, 10:45 AM
I'm all for fully geared mercs and merc only gear. I have brought the subject up before, but it has been shot down because unfortunately doing so will bug the current mercs and non ladder players.

Dante
01-14-2016, 05:19 PM
Merc gear has been suggested basically since server start.Idk if the non ladder thing is actually the problem, it wouldn't be that bad, since the very main majority here is ladder players, if not everybody?
Also why would it break them in the first place? Setting them to empty new slots would break them? Sounds like there could be easy ways around.

However, they didn't come yet because they already received huge buffs. Do you know they all(but a2) use new abilities and all are generally buffed.
So making them have full gear sounds like a lot of new possibilities, but also a bit unnecessarily OP. They should die after all and be a sidekick and not too powerful imho.

I really do like the idea of merc special items, like a special type of gear only they can use that adds something special. A bit like the D3 totem things, but as i said, not OP statsticks but something style or cool skill.