PDA

View Full Version : Smiter build

thessarill
01-29-2016, 02:37 AM
Ok, my turn to post my build.

I don't pretend to have all the anwsers, neither do I pretend to be a great player, but this build work fine for me.

It could be expensive, but i'll give alternative to new players.
Its a build that doesn't really need a merc, you can add one if you want, we'll see the possibilities for them too.

Helm: Cow shako with 1 ber and +1 pal enchant, +1 ias or frw ( i like frw very much, making runs even faster) / veil of steel with bers on it.
Armor: Cow armor with whatever you want on it ( dragon jewel for more damages, bers , whatever it doesnt matter)+melee deal splash damage ( great great mod) / odium
Boots : Cow boots with +1pal skill or 3frw or what you may imagine( i have frw almost everywhere)
Gloves : Divinity/Hysteria
Belt: scourgelord girdle ( max block, max reduce damage)
Amulet: Saracens+nephalem ( switch with situations) seraph hymn or mara instead of nephalem if you dont have it.
Rings: cons ring + madness physical ring.
Weapon: thunderfury (mal ber ber) / frostmourne ( mal ber ber) / if you cant have those you can go with heart of the shadow + plaguebringer.
Shield: exile ( eth if you dont want to enchant, non eth if you want to enchant)

SKILLS:

20 points in : holy shield, smite, fanat, defiance.
enough point to get 25 to conviction ( with your stuff on, but keep in mind that if you switch from nephalem/mara to saracen, you'll lose 4 points)
1 point in prerequist
points left in resist light.

you'll mostly use conviction for some reason: you'll be able to kill all immuns, even mappo/cain etc etc.
If you play solo, it's good already, but it's also an awesome support build, cause it'll benefit a LOT to your zon friends/ sorc etc etc, that will make you very important in crucible ( from lvl 10+ its already important, 15+ its vital)
This build make you clear a dreamland run ( all bosses) + lich king run, in about 6 min for all.

I use thundefury, with that weapon, my merc is an act5 merc with frostmourne or bul kathos lvl 8 fanat. Helm is veil of steel and armor guardian or khaluut.

With frostmourne i used to have an act1 merc with acid injector + khaluut + veil of steel.

You can also use an act3 cold or lighting merc, with dragon bulwark as a shield + shhaaa sword + khaalut armor and whatever helm.

As i said, the merc isnt important, I mostly use it only on cruci, and when i do it, it's act5 merc with bul khatos weapon, so I can have a little fanatism + my conviction up most of the time.

tragos
01-29-2016, 04:23 AM
Hmm interesting build, I see some items that I might need to change, could you please give some alternatives to helm, armor, and boots? I use lacelator , guardian (runeword) and dragonscale. Thanks for posting your build!

thessarill
01-29-2016, 07:33 AM
lacerator is a good weapon, caus it have a very good chance to proc amplify damage, but you can also use saracen + immortal king weapon, it'll improve the chance to proc and you can socket it with 2 bers to have your 100% crushing blow.

I really like guardian, high def, + max res, good mods, but no teleport, even if its not a must have, its still good to have it (thats why i tell odium as 2nd pick).

Dragon scale... humm, yup, maybe HoZ instead of that if you dont really like exile.

Boots you can ( and may) use goblin toe instead of cow boots ( if you dont have a pair for your pal), all mods are good on these.

tragos
01-29-2016, 09:43 AM
ok i ll try couple of those things, thanks!

Mephisto
01-29-2016, 09:48 AM
Act 3 merc can make a huge difference for smite. Sha to get negative 20 procent phys res on enemys. Bulwark for that extra dr to stack vs amp. And concentration from focus for some extra dmg!

thessarill
01-29-2016, 10:18 AM
yup exactly, the act3 merc is my favorite ( + he survive much longer caus no close combat)

Segnitia
03-23-2016, 10:57 PM
can u run Dreamlands easy with this build??
What else can u run easy?
is there cheaper option for rings?

Lampogriz
03-23-2016, 11:59 PM
"cheap" build:

lacerator, plaguebringer for mappo
odium
lich belt
hysteria or draculs
devil's bargain or veil of steel
any shield (dragonscale, hoz, bulwark, exile)
saracens + ravenfrost + any other ring
any boots (goblins, gores for example)

all these items you can get for free most likely

Segnitia
03-24-2016, 01:33 PM
do anyone have a spare dragonscale hoz or cheap exile i could use???

for exile i can offer tor rune.

Lucid
03-24-2016, 02:52 PM
I have a dragonscale.

Segnitia
03-24-2016, 02:58 PM
what about the stats?? should i do

enough str and dex for gear rest in vit???

Mephisto
03-24-2016, 03:32 PM
Dex - Till u have 75% block
Str - Enough to wear ur items
Vit - Rest
Ene - None

Segnitia
03-25-2016, 02:44 AM
How much ias do i need ?? Right now with convic aura i have 90% but it seems a bit slow, should i scroll with ias instead of frw( btw i think frw is a waste of enhamcement space because u can just...

Lucid
03-25-2016, 05:12 AM
Smite does not benefit from ds.

Ias can be calculated with the standart ias calculaters that you find by googleing.

If you have a frostmourne, choose a berserker axe as basic wespon type, since the runenlades do not exist on standart calcs.

thessarill
03-25-2016, 08:33 AM
you can put bers in your socket, 3.2 patch will rise damage reduction from 50% to 75% so it'll be a great boost soon :)
If you can put your stuff here, i think we could help you much more :)

Segnitia
03-25-2016, 01:16 PM
I have the same gear as this thread build exept for amy and rings. I put mal ber ber in frostmourne and ber in cow shako. In armor idk what to put. I found dragon jewel but if smiter dont benefit from deadly strike its no use for me.
Should i put ias jewels in arnor or 3 ber runes??

I use : ravenfrost and bk ring and amp dmg amy.

Lucid
03-25-2016, 01:35 PM
well, you need to calculate your ias.

try to reach the last ias bp. for frostmourne as i said use "berserker axe" in the calculators.

3 bers only makes sense, if you have not 50% DR yet. (thats the maximum for the moment)

otherwise you can also sock Vex (for +5% max fire resist) or other highrunes for +5% max resist. Thats a legit way of socketing too!

Segnitia
03-25-2016, 02:52 PM
So i should socket with fire res for dreamland and cold for Lick king??

Lucid
03-25-2016, 05:00 PM
You should try to get high maxres for at least light / fire / cold. The more you have the better. I run with 90 fire, 94 light and 95 cold and 80 psn and its enough for me. Its more a personal thing if you have more or less... Depending what bosses you make...

Segnitia
03-25-2016, 06:38 PM
Ty lucid, i feel like i miss some res so ill try to make it 95 to the 3 res aswell ^^

thessarill
03-27-2016, 08:45 AM
You can also go for bers, as the next patch will move damage reduction from 50 to 75%, will be a huge boost :)