PDA

View Full Version : An Odd Request!

updawg
03-17-2016, 03:51 PM
I stumbled upon this mod on accident and I am very intrigued! The way I got here way trying to find a way to make Diablo 2 work with Multires and the glide wrapper. And to my surprise you guys made that work natively in your client!

Is there anyway to implement this on a vanilla version of D2 LOD preferably 1.13c/d? I am trying to preserve the greatest game in gaming history in the best possible state. I currently have made 3D audio work by using this: http://www.indirectsound.com/

I believe this is mod is based on 1.13d - could I theoretically just place the patch_d2.mpq from 1.13d in the folder and be good to go? If not is there a way to extract the files needed and include them in my diablo directory? Any help would be greatly appreciated! ;)

Mephisto
03-17-2016, 04:01 PM
I wouldnt advice u to use a multi res on regular battle.net this will get you banned for sure, especially now with 1.14 and warden being active ^^, This is the best place to play d2 btw :) !

updawg
03-17-2016, 04:06 PM
I am not playing on battle.net. This is for single player/lan play only. Especially with 1.14a out I couldn't do anything online with a working 1.13c/d version. This mod is definitely something I could pick up and play as it looks awesome - However, I am currently more interested in preserving the game in the best possible state so in 10 years from now I can still play it!

Game
03-17-2016, 05:56 PM
I stumbled upon this mod on accident and I am very intrigued! The way I got here way trying to find a way to make Diablo 2 work with Multires and the glide wrapper. And to my surprise you guys made that work natively in your client!

Is there anyway to implement this on a vanilla version of D2 LOD preferably 1.13c/d? I am trying to preserve the greatest game in gaming history in the best possible state. I currently have made 3D audio work by using this: http://www.indirectsound.com/

I believe this is mod is based on 1.13d - could I theoretically just place the patch_d2.mpq from 1.13d in the folder and be good to go? If not is there a way to extract the files needed and include them in my diablo directory? Any help would be greatly appreciated! ;)

Hey there! Unfortunately our work requires much more than just the patch_d2.mpq file, our client is heavily modified. There is no real way for you to just take the resolution part only :/. I'm very glad you're intrigued but I get requests all the time to give certain things away from our mod, and I have to turn them down as we have simply just put too much time and hard work into our client. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, I am sorry :(.

updawg
03-17-2016, 06:14 PM
Hey there! Unfortunately our work requires much more than just the patch_d2.mpq file, our client is heavily modified. There is no real way for you to just take the resolution part only :/. I'm very glad you're intrigued but I get requests all the time to give certain things away from our mod, and I have to turn them down as we have simply just put too much time and hard work into our client. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, I am sorry :(.

I was asking about using your client but with the default 1.13d patch_d2.mpq. Would that work? Thanks for the response!

Game
03-17-2016, 07:50 PM
I was asking about using your client but with the default 1.13d patch_d2.mpq. Would that work? Thanks for the response!

Oh, unfortunately that won't work either.

updawg
03-18-2016, 03:43 AM
Oh, unfortunately that won't work either.

I tested that last night seems to work perfectly. I was able to load my saved character and play.

Game
03-18-2016, 04:18 AM
I tested that last night seems to work perfectly. I was able to load my saved character and play.

Keep playing and you'll see what I mean. Be prepared to crash, a lot. There are things in the patch that are required to power the rest of the client.