PDA

View Full Version : Solo Crucible Guide

acculla
04-05-2016, 12:49 PM
So.. thunderfuries and other nice crucible stuff is so hard to buy, which inspires me to want to farm my own. The problem is.. its difficult to find a cruci group as the majority of players are in a different time zone. Thus I was wondering if people would be willing to share their strategies for running the crucible levels on their own.

What combinations of chars do you guys use? Are there any special tricks that you do to keep your leader alive?

I know that some people maybe won't like me for asking this, but I am keen on finally being able to properly gear up my chars. Might as well try, right? :)

Many thanks in advance!!

Lampogriz
04-05-2016, 03:32 PM
try psn nec

LordManhammer
04-05-2016, 07:12 PM
Is there a guide for the poison necro that you are suggesting, Lampo?

Lampogriz
04-06-2016, 07:47 AM
Is there a guide for the poison necro that you are suggesting, Lampo?

make your necro as stronger as you can, and try run crucible!

acculla
04-06-2016, 10:06 AM
I did my first try at solo cruci yesterday. My leader was a necro with maxed clay golem plus synergies. I didn't bother investing points in any damage skills as I know that my gear is not strong enough to support both tanky golems and a nice damage output. I managed to get to lvl 14 before I ran over the time limit. The necro seemed quite safe up to that point and as long as you have a nice damage dealer (and are able to clear stuff faster than I can), you shouldn't have too much trouble to get to lvl 15/16. I wonder how strong enemies will become beyond lvl 15. My strategy will go down the drain as soon as they start to hit hard enough to kill the golems.

Does anyone have any experience with golem survivability beyond level 15?

rrra
04-06-2016, 10:57 AM
if you get well synergized golems and then bo them, they can get pretty absurdly tanky. In my experience they can tank just about anything the game can throw at them. Lvl 20 with them is easy. Lvl 19 is still manageable even with them all attacking at once now. They tank knarst and azatoth on 18 easily. Lvl 17 isnt a problem for them. Nor is 16 even if you run into mass nihlathak. They tank the bone spirits just fine. You on the other hand, will get 3 shotted. So beware of that. The only issue I have ever had with them surviving is vs cain. But in that case, just recast them as he is immune to curses and so your necro isnt doing anything but standing by the entrance anyway. So the life of the golems isnt a problem usually.

All that being said, you are much less tanky than the golems. Some things to watch out for in later levels are:
1. Bone spirits from nihlathaks. (and the less dangerous ones from sand dwellers on lvl 13) Avoid them at all cost. Luckily level 16 has a lot of walls you can hide behind while your golems distract things.
2. Kaalut and Mappo on lvl 19. Inject acid from Kaalut will kill you unless you are immune to curses. Stay far enough away to avoid it. Mappos magic-damage fire attack can also ruin your day. Stay back from it.
3. Psi storm on lvl 20. The psionic storm (it looks alot like the one on SC2 and procs from the nephalem birthright amulet) from Eldryssian can one shot you if you arent careful. Try to stay far back from her.

Overall, the keys to playing a decent golemmancer in the crucible are:
1. High max resists (As close to 95 as possible) and decent life. This helps you to avoid the damage from random spells and gives you time to pop a pot in bad situations.
2. Good positioning. I usually use 800x600 resolution. On that resolution, I can stand just over a screen away from my golems without them running back to me. If you can hide behind a wall to dodge spells in scary situations, (lvl 16 nihlathak packs) do so. You dont really need much damage reduction as you shouldnt get hit much to begin with. But watch out for centaurs on lvl 14 because of this.

If you are fairly wealthy, it is possible to make a poison maelstrom necro with enough golems to tank effectively while still pumping out good damage. My necro is not at this point yet, but if I ever find the new Trag Oul's True Guise, (for conviction aura) I think I can get there.

acculla
04-06-2016, 11:20 PM
if you get well synergized golems and then bo them, they can get pretty absurdly tanky. In my experience they can tank just about anything the game can throw at them. Lvl 20 with them is easy. Lvl 19 is still manageable even with them all attacking at once now. They tank knarst and azatoth on 18 easily. Lvl 17 isnt a problem for them. Nor is 16 even if you run into mass nihlathak. They tank the bone spirits just fine. You on the other hand, will get 3 shotted. So beware of that. The only issue I have ever had with them surviving is vs cain. But in that case, just recast them as he is immune to curses and so your necro isnt doing anything but standing by the entrance anyway. So the life of the golems isnt a problem usually.

All that being said, you are much less tanky than the golems. Some things to watch out for in later levels are:
1. Bone spirits from nihlathaks. (and the less dangerous ones from sand dwellers on lvl 13) Avoid them at all cost. Luckily level 16 has a lot of walls you can hide behind while your golems distract things.
2. Kaalut and Mappo on lvl 19. Inject acid from Kaalut will kill you unless you are immune to curses. Stay far enough away to avoid it. Mappos magic-damage fire attack can also ruin your day. Stay back from it.
3. Psi storm on lvl 20. The psionic storm (it looks alot like the one on SC2 and procs from the nephalem birthright amulet) from Eldryssian can one shot you if you arent careful. Try to stay far back from her.

Overall, the keys to playing a decent golemmancer in the crucible are:
1. High max resists (As close to 95 as possible) and decent life. This helps you to avoid the damage from random spells and gives you time to pop a pot in bad situations.
2. Good positioning. I usually use 800x600 resolution. On that resolution, I can stand just over a screen away from my golems without them running back to me. If you can hide behind a wall to dodge spells in scary situations, (lvl 16 nihlathak packs) do so. You dont really need much damage reduction as you shouldnt get hit much to begin with. But watch out for centaurs on lvl 14 because of this.

If you are fairly wealthy, it is possible to make a poison maelstrom necro with enough golems to tank effectively while still pumping out good damage. My necro is not at this point yet, but if I ever find the new Trag Oul's True Guise, (for conviction aura) I think I can get there.

This was extremely helpful :) Thanks for explaining in so much detail!

Frigide
04-07-2016, 01:31 AM
Can someone give advices on doing cain fast?
What chars are you using for that boss and how do you handle the fight?

(i killed him many times, thats not the problem, but id really like some insight from other players on how they do)

Lampogriz
04-07-2016, 03:44 AM
cast golems/valkiries, attack, recast golems/valkiries, attack
repeat

i believe murder of crows drool with life per hit can tank him very easy also

Lucid
04-07-2016, 03:05 PM
@Lampo

is it your poison damage that actually kills, or the fact that maelstrom profits from cb?

how much dmg deals your maelstrom? I made a psn nec on hc with trang set but its at something with 125k psn dmg over 11 or 12 seconds. And its far less damage than my ik shield thrower on inferno mobs...

i wonder how much damage is possible if you are able to clear crucible solo with this :o

Lampogriz
04-08-2016, 01:59 AM
377-435k over 15sec

memories
04-08-2016, 02:13 AM
377-435k over 15sec
My apologies

Mephisto
04-08-2016, 02:14 AM
He's not trolling, it can get even higher ^^

Frigide
04-08-2016, 02:28 AM
377-435k over 15sec

u still have golems that can tank with that dmg?
Seems the dmg of a pure psn necro

Lampogriz
04-08-2016, 02:34 AM
2 golems is enough

memories
04-08-2016, 04:03 AM
So guess I need to flip my focus on poison synergies and not golem synergies

Frigide
04-08-2016, 05:45 AM
2 golems is enough

i didnt mean in number, but in tankiness. As u say 2 is enough, must be that yea, they are tanky enough ;)

champion
04-08-2016, 08:19 AM
2 golems is enough

maxed golem and synergy or only golem?

memories
04-08-2016, 08:21 AM
I'm assuming he maxed poison to get that dmg. Then he filled in golem

LordManhammer
04-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Are you calculating in -resistance in order to come up with that 400k poison damage number?

memories
04-08-2016, 10:59 AM
It's def possible. I'm up to 280. Without facets, enchants or necro maras. That's the on screen dmg. No way to tell dmg with -resistances

LordManhammer
04-08-2016, 11:18 AM
What gear are you using? With full Trangs and all of my skill points dumped into Maelstrom and its synergies I only reached 100k.

Lucid
04-08-2016, 04:20 PM
i already thought about such high numbers. And i know such numbers would be possible. At least if i see, how many 10% psn enchants he bought :P

if you reach 200k with gear and add 10x 10% psn facets youre done.

i still just wonder, if its the poison damage, that actually kills or if its the cruhsing blow that makes the most part of the damage and the poison just finishes the mob then after...

cuz, im far away from even damaging plaguelands or inferno mobs with my 120k psn damage i have atm.

LordManhammer
04-08-2016, 04:55 PM
i already thought about such high numbers. And i know such numbers would be possible. At least if i see, how many 10% psn enchants he bought :P

if you reach 200k with gear and add 10x 10% psn facets youre done.

i still just wonder, if its the poison damage, that actually kills or if its the cruhsing blow that makes the most part of the damage and the poison just finishes the mob then after...

cuz, im far away from even damaging plaguelands or inferno mobs with my 120k psn damage i have atm.

How do you deal with the shitty attack rating of the skill?

Lucid
04-09-2016, 06:16 AM
well, the poison seem to hit 100%. (Just as charged strike) <br />
It also inflicts all enemys in a small radius around its first hitted target (good in cows). <br />
<br />
As far as attackrating goes, i dont know...

mesiasuo
04-20-2016, 01:46 PM
I'm so bored of crucible.. 7 tries on cain. and I cant kill him. I got 385-435k damage 3 golems maxed. and Well.. I think I'm done I cant kill this fucking cain..

Lampogriz
04-21-2016, 06:52 AM
I'm so bored of crucible.. 7 tries on cain. and I cant kill him. I got 385-435k damage 3 golems maxed. and Well.. I think I'm done I cant kill this fucking cain..

How he kills you? I am sure you fail with golems

mesiasuo
04-21-2016, 08:00 AM
yes maybe but my hp is too low also. I got 2k HP I'm using myself boo with CTA
maybe this is the cause. I need a barb boo to improve my hp. I think thatīs why I cant do it.

anyways lampo I'll see you in game to show u my gear atm. maybe u can help me with some tips :D or we can do a crucible together :P

acculla
04-21-2016, 01:12 PM
yes maybe but my hp is too low also. I got 2k HP I'm using myself boo with CTA
maybe this is the cause. I need a barb boo to improve my hp. I think thatīs why I cant do it.

anyways lampo I'll see you in game to show u my gear atm. maybe u can help me with some tips :D or we can do a crucible together :P

how do you die from cain? you dont really need a bo for him. What I do is:

1.Enter.

2. Immediately cast 2 golems on him (i only have 2)

3. spam maelstorm

4. whenever you see the black crows don't bother attacking - just spam golems until the birds disappear

5. once the birds disappear spam maelstorms again

6. if you see a green tornado coming towards you, just move to the left or to the right to avoid it

I remember that you do much more damage than me (and you probably have more golems as well) so it shouldn't take you more than 15-20 seconds to take him down. I dont use BO for cain (i enter the portal with around 1600 hp) so your health shouldnt be an issue either.

I hope that helps.

P.S. However, I am sure that lampogriz will be able to give you even better advice, since he is the cruci master :)

mesiasuo
04-21-2016, 03:07 PM
how do you die from cain? you dont really need a bo for him. What I do is:

1.Enter.

2. Immediately cast 2 golems on him (i only have 2)

3. spam maelstorm

4. whenever you see the black crows don't bother attacking - just spam golems until the birds disappear

5. once the birds disappear spam maelstorms again

6. if you see a green tornado coming towards you, just move to the left or to the right to avoid it

I remember that you do much more damage than me (and you probably have more golems as well) so it shouldn't take you more than 15-20 seconds to take him down. I dont use BO for cain (i enter the portal with around 1600 hp) so your health shouldnt be an issue either.

I hope that helps.

P.S. However, I am sure that lampogriz will be able to give you even better advice, since he is the cruci master :)

I'll test it today :D ty for tips

acculla
04-21-2016, 03:16 PM
I'll test it today :D ty for tips

no worries