PDA

View Full Version : Vaudeville's Corner

vaudeville
04-06-2016, 11:35 PM
Just thought I start a thread to share some things at least about my general play style, when I may be on or not, etc.

In this particular case, I'd like to establish one customary rule I'll try to abide by, that is regarding inferno cows. I won't mind opening them up to the public at large (much as I'd like any of the best drops to myself) but only under the following conditions:

1) First and foremost, I recoup in some manner the loss of the blue organs I used. This shouldn't be that much to ask nor fulfill since there is a good chance that the blue organs will drop within rlyeh or the cow kingdom. I'm willing also to settle with obtaining a high rune, the gold veil of steel helmet, perhaps at least 2 (maybe 3) keys of destruction, hate, or terror (1 of all or 3 of the same type doesn't matter), a blue fragment, some essences, and any other thing I don't think is asking for too much.

2) Secondly, players should play. I don't mind players bringing maybe 1 mule or other character they want to level up. That's fine, but please move them and please try to play the game and pay attention. I don't want to see myself stuck again among 10 to 20 mules. If I do, forget about me making inferno games public or me not going hostile on you.

Frigide
04-07-2016, 02:57 AM
1) First and foremost, I recoup in some manner the loss of the blue organs I used. This shouldn't be that much to ask nor fulfill since there is a good chance that of the blue organs dropping within rlyeh or the cow kingdom. I'm willing also to settle with obtaining a high rune, the gold veil of steel helmet, perhaps at least 2 (maybe 3) keys of destruction, hate, or terror (1 of all or 3 of the same type doesn't matter), a blue fragment, some essences, and any other thing I don't think is asking for too much.

i dont understand what your saying here !!!

vaudeville
04-07-2016, 04:12 AM
Point is I'd like to get any blue organs that drop during the run or anything of some equal value if people want me to make such public of even to invite them from a private game. That is all.

vaudeville
04-07-2016, 04:19 AM
Currently looking for (well a lot of things but for now the following):

(at least 1 if not 2) Tyrael's might (the blue version) armor
extra scourgelord belts
extra death advance's boots
any kind of plus 4 gloves for elemental or summoning druids or trap assassins

memories
04-07-2016, 03:51 PM
R-r-really? So if you make a private game and loot cow queen and chests and announce to the server your private game, you want to be compensated for the organs? So you can keep running inferno games with the same blue organs over and over? You can't kill inferno cows by yourself and the more people, the better the drops are. That's incentive enough, no?

I mean, I appreciate you giving me those steelrends and ptopazes, but cmon bro. Sheesh

caca
04-07-2016, 04:15 PM
its like ppl opening cthulu... droping him... them make it public... then ask for Box....
... No comment.

Lampogriz
04-07-2016, 04:31 PM
lol wtf i just read

Dante
04-07-2016, 06:15 PM
hehe I understand the discussion about the queen set, but if you announce for public, I would say the public state of the game says it all. It's nice of you to make them public, but if you insist on the drops and compensation, you look very greedy.

I mean I dunno how many runs Lampo hosted, or me and other GM's... Imo public should be without conditions. Make a private group if you want them, but don't announce your games with this rules.

vaudeville
04-08-2016, 02:32 AM
Last I check memories, you have done the exact same thing but ask to get any blue organs that dropped. I have not once (I repeat, not once, for those who apparently can't read or comprehend , i.e. caca), ran a private inferno cow game, went for the queen first, kill her and take her loot, announce the game to the public and then demanded people give me whatever blue organs dropped (or anything else for that matter) nor am I going to do that.

And by the way, unlike most anyone else that makes inferno cows public, I rarely step out of the game once I start it nor rarely do I rush the queen first since I often get killed in the process (never mind that a zeal paladin always beats me to the queen anyway with my necromancer), so how about you save your snide remarks for yourself or caca.

vaudeville
04-08-2016, 02:37 AM
[QUOTE=caca;60588]its like ppl opening cthulu... droping him... them make it public... then ask for Box....
... No comment.[/QUOTE

Excellent way to utterly misinterpret what I wrote. I suppose next you'll believe I'll demand people log into my account just to vote and get me gold. I take it you're the resident class troll in the forum.

caca
04-08-2016, 03:28 AM
I didn't want offend you Vaudeville, if i did all apologies.
Maybe i miss understand what you are talking about in the tthread but it is just that GAME implemented a way to open up to 8 diablos at the same time, that permit a pure farm by ourself... as said you have the possibility to open cow rush queen then call for public so you can play with people and stuff. if you are looking for people to play with i think you can call the forum or in the game's descritpion to find ppl what will be happy to help you or play within your conditions.
i dont know if i ll have time this week end to play much but i'll be glad to open a iCow and play with you. Feel free to PM me in game if you need advice or else, once again i didnt wanted to be rude and i am sorry for that.
Caca.

vaudeville
04-08-2016, 03:42 AM
Apology accepted. I simply don't like snide remarks that especially misses the point, deviates off topic, or so misinterprets what I said that it's farcical to even bother speaking with the person on the other side, but I take it you learned that the hard way.

On another note, I don't get how what you said afterwards helps so you must have really misunderstood what I said. I know you can open other windows/instances. That helps me how (especially since I've used that to rush myself)? I don't get how a simple proposition like allowing the host to get any blue organs if they drop during an inferno cow game session or being satisfied with any other good drop in the same session is too much to ask to making the game public (again I stress, this is not after the fact, i.e. after rushing the queen and taking her loot).

caca
04-08-2016, 04:04 AM
But you want to make it like... a server rule ? or did i missundersand?

Mephisto
04-08-2016, 05:43 AM
Its pretty simple in my eyes, if u want more loot, and u want some specific things/items for urself: Play private and load as many chars as u want to increase the droprate. There's no way to keep track of all these specific items that you want to keep for urself in a public game. What ur asking is way to much for lets say a rough 20+ players ( thats the amount that usually is in these kind of inferno cow games for sure ).
Conclusion, play private if u want to make sure u want to get the pick on a item. Play public, and don't be mad if someones rushes to the queen or take a specific drop/item.
Next time you need a rush, just ask someone, there's plenty of people willing to do that for you. Dont really know why u mentioned that u rushed urself?
Since this is the meeting grounds, Hello! And welcome to the server!

vaudeville
04-09-2016, 04:32 AM
No caca, just my own and anyone who wants to respect that rule (I'm also willing to abide by it for others who make public inferno cow games if they ask). I'm pretty sure I mentioned that. It's up to everyone else if they don't want to abide by it.

vaudeville
04-09-2016, 04:39 AM
Its pretty simple in my eyes, if u want more loot, and u want some specific things/items for urself: Play private and load as many chars as u want to increase the droprate. There's no way to keep track of all these specific items that you want to keep for urself in a public game. What ur asking is way to much for lets say a rough 20+ players ( thats the amount that usually is in these kind of inferno cow games for sure ).
Conclusion, play private if u want to make sure u want to get the pick on a item. Play public, and don't be mad if someones rushes to the queen or take a specific drop/item.
Next time you need a rush, just ask someone, there's plenty of people willing to do that for you. Dont really know why u mentioned that u rushed urself?
Since this is the meeting grounds, Hello! And welcome to the server!

No kidding about playing in private to take all the loot. I'm well aware of that. I got that point across the first couple of times. The issue here is that I'd like to at least get any blue organs that drop if people want me to make the game public (or be content with me personally finding something good that drops). If they don't like that, fine. I can't force them to give me the blue organs, but if you don't want to let me have any that drop then I won't bother making them public. Pretty simple policy. I didn't ask for ownership of the cow queen parts as some would. Or demand any enchantment that drops is mine, I only asked to let me get what will allow me to open another inferno cow game. I don't get where all the confusion is coming from. If I wanted all the loot to myself, why would I even bother making the game public? I'm not sure whether you guys just skim through what I wrote and assumed the most cynical/jaded thing about me or what because I can't see where the diffidence is coming from.

vaudeville
04-09-2016, 04:45 AM
Onto another topic which I'm sure could go someplace else, and that is for the time being my own suggestion list regarding new items (I'll deal with pre-existing ones at another time). I will say that in particular I have heard that one such item I will mention below is in the works (from what I've heard). Note also that the following is a work in progress so expect such to be edited.

A teleportation enchantment
This should of course be applicable only on armor so it should be a level 5 enchantment at least (emphasis on at least) and perhaps require something of great value to sacrifice in order to gain use such.

A shadow warrior enchantment
Same idea as those scrolls adding 1 more golem, valkyrie, and spirit. Not exactly sure why the assassin was left out here.

An aura enchantment of some kind
Personally I would wish for some kind of low level conviction aura. I still think it ought to be considered. I suppose it's a question simply of how high the level (probably ought to be at least 4 I suppose) for such is and what needs to be sacrificed for it.

An enhanced damage enchantment
Definitely warranted for physical builds classes considering the damage all non physical builds can do.

AN enhanced defense enchantment
Probably unwanted, but I felt like throwing it out there.

"Kicksin" boots
This is what I've heard is being considered. The martial arts assassin should definitely get some pair of boots just for her so that maybe, just maybe we can see some more variety in this server.

New javelins for the lightning javelin amazon
It's either the above or that Thunderstroke ought to be buffed a little bit (if the latter add perhaps an extra plus 1 to all skill points and increase lightning damage and lower enemy resistances by at least 5% and also allow such to replenish automatically if still slowly please).

New "elemental armor"
The idea here is simply to have some kind of more easily obtainable armor than Cain's armor but which is not as good and doesn't have teleportation. The point here (and I'm sure there are better ideas here) is just to have some better general equipment for particular builds that don't get treated as well as others. Take for example the javazon (or foh paladin for that matter). The build alone disqualifies her from using the mav set, so what kind of armor should she use early on (emphasis on early on so don't tell me she should use the cow queen set or Cain's armor). Again I think the best thing here would essentially be to provide something better than Ormus Robes but not as good as Cain's armor.

vaudeville
04-10-2016, 05:18 PM
New rule(s) thanks to today's experience.

1) Do not go hostile on me unless A) the game is called dueling (or something to that effect) or B) I go hostile on you. I don't care whether its public or private although rest assure if it's private you can guess what will happen. I'll give you no more than 30 seconds to not go hostile on me.

2) I won't disrespect you if you don't disrespect me. The fact that I have to even write this is insulting. If you want to run your mouth against me if I disrespect you or in a dueling game (or if I know you're tripping which I leave to my friends largely), that's fine. I know it comes with the territory, but if you do that while I'm trying to do something else (especially help someone), then that's not fine. Grow up or better yet leave. This is not a playground here.

3) I will be holding a moratorium against hosting public inferno cow games for now. You can thank memories, server, and Lampo for this due to today's experience. I'm sorry to have to tell you newer players this since I know how helpful inferno cows can be (though to be honest I had been considering not doing any more public inferno cow games since I don't find them that worthwhile). If you want to try to get in on the action though feel free to talk to me or maybe a member of clan FaZe (I don't think they'll mind too much) or even a grand master or moderator like Ded, Scotty/Fire, and Death/acyroma who I trust and respect, but I will have to ask you not share the password with other players who I don't know or trust. I will not tolerate today's experience again especially in a private game. Again, I'm sorry for you new guys (or people that want to just come and play) that it has to come to this, but apparently it has to.

Apocalypse
05-27-2016, 02:03 PM
Man, I'll tell you something, altho everything seems to be ok now:

I'm a very very very very very nice player, but I can be very very greedy when it comes to my goals, so here's what I do in hc:

If there are items I need, I'll go get them, alone, ALL ALONE. Unless someone like Equa is around, and he'll probably already know I'm looking for that specific item (and probably even give it to me, but then again, we're more like partners). Any other setup will end up in failure, and by that I mean, I only play public games if I'm there to help someone specific, or the new players. They usually will be polited enough to ask if they can keep something valuable that drops, but if they don't, I always remember the reason why I'm there at the moment, and if it happens to be something that I really really wanted, it'll usually end in some kind of trade where I overpay for what I want, considering that I was already gonna give those items to the newcomer for free anyway :)

I'm kinda greedy after all, it just doesn't look like that cause I'm usually in a private game, to achieve my goals, and when I'm in public, I don't have personal goals anymore!

If I were on SC, I'd never ever ever make public games, I'd join public games, identify people who would be worth playing with, and invite them to my private runs, since in SC the average behavior can be sometimes surprising hehehe

vaudeville
05-27-2016, 02:14 PM
Well all that stuff was awhile ago. I've long since realized that it wasn't worth opening public cow games anyway except for experience, and I won't bother opening public cow games in the future except perhaps as a clan discount to the community at large or just to gain levels.