Thread: light caster orb

Gold
    Annihilus Account: sleezy2

light caster orb

the best orb for light caster is heart of hell because of its defensive stats and becaue alternatives like Eschuta's Temper or short circuit do very little extra damage.

Dont know if some of these ideas are possible but I Thought i would maybe help inspire your creative item making by sharing some ideas.

1. +1500 mana +10-20 mana shield like north pole marker
    2. golem with conviction
    3. receive increasing life/mana regen the more you cast nova or chainlightning
    4. receive lvl 50 cyclone armour when mana gets below 50%
    5. +20 shiver armour and change element to lightning and adds mana/life regen
      10% chance to raise zombie/skeleton from corpse
    6. When mana shield is activated revieve 20% max poison res

the list is not meant as one item but random inspiration

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: randomonions
    Annihilus Account: RandomOnions

Sounds like hardcoding might be putting a stop to many of those.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

It doesnt seem unreasonable to have items with traits that are similar to this. Mitigation/regen for specs that don't have access to life steal is an issue versus bosses especially since life on kill is not helpful in that instance. Sleezy's suggestions address some of these issues.

Sorcs that want to use energy shield for defense don't have enough extra skill points to max out energy shield or put points into telekinesis. North pole marker helps with that. Energy shield users also need poison resist/sorb since energy shield doesn't block poison.

There are already items that give bone armor/cyclone armor when struck. See Divinity (gloves), Head Hunters Glory (shield), or Scourgelord's Girdle (belt) for example. You usually don't notice it. But it's actually a really good mitigation tool. So that isn't hard to do.

The spawn monster on kill effect is already present on items like Treads of Valusia (boots), and the elite unique polearm whose name is escaping me. I can't think of any useful caster items that give that effect off the top of my head though.

Another idea that I think would be useful for casters is a forbidden charm with a molten wildabeest's gizzard (D3 legendary gem) lvl 25 effect where you gain a shield if you haven't taken damage in x number of seconds or when you are at full life. There are a lot of ways that you could implement to achieve roughly the same effect. And of course, every caster wishes probably wishes that Reapers Robes +/- damage applied to all elements so everyone had access to that heal. That would be so overpowered.

All that being said, I am not in favor of letting sorcs get too tanky because they have such easy access to static field, the most effective anti-boss tool in the game. So they are heavily advantaged in the damage department given that they can get rid of half the bosses health in 1 second for free. They're just the only caster without a reliable meatshield right now unless they use frostmourne or heart of hell.
    Last edited by rrra; 05-04-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by rrra View Post
    It doesnt seem unreasonable to have items with traits that are similar to this. Mitigation/regen for specs that don't have access to life steal is an issue versus bosses especially since life on kill is not helpful in that instance. Sleezy's suggestions address some of these issues.

Sorcs that want to use energy shield for defense don't have enough extra skill points to max out energy shield or put points into telekinesis. North pole marker helps with that. Energy shield users also need poison resist/sorb since energy shield doesn't block poison.

There are already items that give bone armor/cyclone armor when struck. See Divinity (gloves), Head Hunters Glory (shield), or Scourgelord's Girdle (belt) for example. You usually don't notice it. But it's actually a really good mitigation tool. So that isn't hard to do.

The spawn monster on kill effect is already present on items like Treads of Valusia (boots), and the elite unique polearm whose name is escaping me. I can't think of any useful caster items that give that effect off the top of my head though.

Another idea that I think would be useful for casters is a forbidden charm with a molten wildabeest's gizzard (D3 legendary gem) lvl 25 effect where you gain a shield if you haven't taken damage in x number of seconds or when you are at full life. There are a lot of ways that you could implement to achieve roughly the same effect. And of course, every caster wishes probably wishes that Reapers Robes +/- damage applied to all elements so everyone had access to that heal. That would be so overpowered.

All that being said, I am not in favor of letting sorcs get too tanky because they have such easy access to static field, the most effective anti-boss tool in the game. So they are heavily advantaged in the damage department given that they can get rid of half the bosses health in 1 second for free. They're just the only caster without a reliable meatshield right now unless they use frostmourne or heart of hell.
    whats more effective than static field is having end game gear. Its not as OP as you are making it out to be. Anyways the point of the thread is that im using a fire sorc orb on a lightning sorc. Having some more defense on the most fragile hero in the game is not going to make them OP.

Also you mentioned spawn monsters, The idea was spawn zombies or skele's so that they would follow you. Spawns are a cool idea but they dont work well, they only spawn on trash mobs when you dont even need them! its the boss's that can 1 shot you, thats when you need the meat shields!!!

Gold

+1 molten beast gem.

User Tag List