Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: has anyone tried auradins on this server

Gold
    Annihilus Account: naptologist

has anyone tried auradins on this server

Back in old school d2, auradins were one of my favorite builds to mess around with. I've looked into some items that would be neat to try but I'm concerned that an auradin would probably be too weak for end game content. Has anyone had any experiences with auradins and end game content on annihilus? Also I'm open to any gear/build suggestions.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

With Thunderfury / Corrupted Stormshield and Nephalem Amulet.
    You can make a great Zeal/Holy Shock Paladin, the Aura is strong enough to take out Hell Cows 1-2 shots.
    Probably the best option for an Auradin but quite expensive.

Edit: Might also need Dream Helm to make the Aura strong enough to take out Hell Cows.
    But the Zeal will do over 100k Damage which can kill pretty much anything in the game.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Savior View Post
    You can make a great Zeal/Holy Shock Paladin, the Aura is strong enough to take out Hell Cows 1-2 shots.

Edit: Might also need Dream Helm to make the Aura strong enough to take out Hell Cows.
    But the Zeal will do over 100k Damage which can kill pretty much anything in the game.
    Wait.. in d2 you could only stack the same auras if they were both the same level.. are you saying that any aura levels will stack if they are the same?

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by naptologist View Post
    Wait.. in d2 you could only stack the same auras if they were both the same level.. are you saying that any aura levels will stack if they are the same?
    Yup!

Gold

Yup!
    you just made my day sir, this changes everything! Thank you!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Quote Originally Posted by naptologist View Post
    you just made my day sir, this changes everything! Thank you!
    The aura cap is higher here as well. I think in D2 LOD the cap was like lvl 55 when stacked?? Here it is much higher

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    The aura cap is higher here as well. I think in D2 LOD the cap was like lvl 55 when stacked?? Here it is much higher
    How much higher we talking? And do all auras stack? Can auras on mercs stack as well? I want an aura FAQ lmao

Gold

Pretty sure it's high enough that you wont be able to hit the cap very easily and sometimes not at all.
    Also for merc, I think the merc's aura's stack also, but they do not stack with your's, it is separate.
    Also if the merc is act2 and comes with defiance i'm pretty sure if he had defiance items they would not stack.
    So items stack but not with an aura you have on a character as a skill or for one that comes with a merc.
    If you wore holy shock items, you'd have no reason for holy shock as your main aura.
    And your merc wearing holy shock gear wouldnt make much sense either.
    I feel like I explained this terribly but hopefully you understand what I'm saying.
    And hopefully I didn't give any incorrect information lol.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

Auras on one character (you or your merc) stack. So the holy fire on flame horizon stacks with the holy fire on a dragon (runeword) shield. This applies to any aura. However, if multiple auras of the same type from different characters (suppose you and your merc both have holy fire) are present, only the higher level aura applies. See the link below and look at comments for an example light zealer build. There are several others in the Character and Strategy Guides section if I recall correctly.
    http://annihilus.net/wiki_index.php?...g-Zealer-Guide

Gold
    Annihilus Account: deroz55

Please tell me the Build for that paladin, i am trying to find a good Ligtning aura build for days now with no luck, i am very new to this game and i simply fell in love with "tesladin" but for some reason i cant get it right. I know its also the gear question but i would still like to know the correct build so i can work my way towards getting good gear for him no matter how expansive it is becouse i just love the idea of that paladin build . Please someone!
    P.S i love the server!

User Tag List