Thread: Subscriber gold/buggy platinum. Touchy subject?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: HateSymbol

Subscriber gold/buggy platinum. Touchy subject?

I know you said you decided to drop the platinum idea due to buggy issues with it, not sure which route you took, maybe it's the very route I'm going to suggest. Give subscribers a monthly four stacks of 500 platinum coins (max stack?(Also cannot be purchased via forum for sole purpose of trading)) deposited on the requested character of their choosing that can be sold to vendors for one gold per one platinum, but the catch being once they are sold they cannot be bought back. Or just make the price jump within the vendors if you can't prevent it from showing in their inventory. With this route people would probably only request to be traded the platinum with either converting or hoarding in mind. To each their own. I understand that someone is going to find fault in this somewhere, it's what people do, criticize without giving a solution or alternate route. Hell, it was probably mentioned in the original poll thread. -- On a side note I just read another thread that pretty much suggests something like this but was referred to as a forum currency as opposed to an in-game bit. Also read that further threads of this nature were meaningless seeing as how there is now no interest in implementing. Then war. Oh well, typed it out, suffer it. If worse comes to worse and you felt this was destroying economy of the game you could push a patch that removes the platinum with advanced warning to all so current stocks could be redeemed. Eh, perishable goods are just that. I may not be an active player but I'd still support and subscribe to this due to the fact that I grew up with this game and it brings some joy to me to know that at least someone is still actively developing on a part of my childhood. My lack of interest in this probably comes from the fact that the first character build I wanted to play with isn't quite up to par to deal with the various areas of the game or the equipment setup is just too expensive to build upon if starting from nothing. Considering playing again anyhow seeing as how the novelty of PoE wore off way too quick. -- Also, if upon reading this you only want to flame/troll/complain without a single hint of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, please look yourself in the eyes in a mirror and repeat the line, "I am a piece of shit," until it sinks in. :)

Quote Originally Posted by HateSymbol View Post
    I know you said you decided to drop the platinum idea due to buggy issues with it, not sure which route you took, maybe it's the very route I'm going to suggest. Give subscribers a monthly four stacks of 500 platinum coins (max stack?(Also cannot be purchased via forum for sole purpose of trading)) deposited on the requested character of their choosing that can be sold to vendors for one gold per one platinum, but the catch being once they are sold they cannot be bought back. Or just make the price jump within the vendors if you can't prevent it from showing in their inventory. With this route people would probably only request to be traded the platinum with either converting or hoarding in mind. To each their own. I understand that someone is going to find fault in this somewhere, it's what people do, criticize without giving a solution or alternate route. Hell, it was probably mentioned in the original poll thread. -- On a side note I just read another thread that pretty much suggests something like this but was referred to as a forum currency as opposed to an in-game bit. Also read that further threads of this nature were meaningless seeing as how there is now no interest in implementing. Then war. Oh well, typed it out, suffer it. If worse comes to worse and you felt this was destroying economy of the game you could push a patch that removes the platinum with advanced warning to all so current stocks could be redeemed. Eh, perishable goods are just that. I may not be an active player but I'd still support and subscribe to this due to the fact that I grew up with this game and it brings some joy to me to know that at least someone is still actively developing on a part of my childhood. My lack of interest in this probably comes from the fact that the first character build I wanted to play with isn't quite up to par to deal with the various areas of the game or the equipment setup is just too expensive to build upon if starting from nothing. Considering playing again anyhow seeing as how the novelty of PoE wore off way too quick. -- Also, if upon reading this you only want to flame/troll/complain without a single hint of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, please look yourself in the eyes in a mirror and repeat the line, "I am a piece of shit," until it sinks in.
    I'm going to stick to my original gut instinct and just never add tradeable Gold period, it'll always upset someone no matter which route I take, so best to just stick to not doing it at all. We are going to add a subscriber option though for some cool benefits, so keep an eye out for that!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    I'm going to stick to my original gut instinct and just never add tradeable Gold period, it'll always upset someone no matter which route I take, so best to just stick to not doing it at all. We are going to add a subscriber option though for some cool benefits, so keep an eye out for that!
    As of late I have been so quick to point the finger and gripe about things that are out of my control that I haven't taken a moment to tell you how much I appreciate the long nights and efforts you have put into the extra content for everyone. Thank you.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Bloop3

Quote Originally Posted by DacFarren View Post
    As of late I have been so quick to point the finger and gripe about things that are out of my control that I haven't taken a moment to tell you how much I appreciate the long nights and efforts you have put into the extra content for everyone. Thank you.
    Guess you're a cooler dude than I thought :P

Respect bro.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Quote Originally Posted by DacFarren View Post
    I feel the same, and glad to hear you say it as well.

User Tag List