Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking a break.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Brimstonejack

Taking a break.

I've met some pretty cool people here, usually ready to help with everything from rushes to inferno cows to helping gear starter characters, to cutting you some slack on the price of some of the better items in the game. And I've tried to return the courtesy to others by doing the same, accepting Lo as an HR for new guys who don't know this is a Ber+ HR zone, etc.

But I've also met a lot of assholes who think it's okay to gouge players because they think they're new here. We're talking 15 Hrs ber+ for single cow set pieces, or they'll only sell for gold. And I'm talking $110+ worth for cow sets. All because they don't recognize your name, and don't think you know any better. Whe it first happened to me a while back, I just thought it was funny, because the guy was an obvious scammer. But then it kept happening more and more.

My point is that it's pissed me off. It makes the game unenjoyable for me. And notice I use the term "for me." Other people have more friends here, better conections, money to buy gold, win every tournament to win gold, more time to farm, etc. And I'm fine with that. Not mad at the people I see geared to the gills in any way. But the greed of a handful of people when I'm looking for items that are fairly common has soured me for now. So I'm gonna take a break. Maybe pop on here and there to say hi, but I'm not gonna sweat farming, building non-cookie cutter characters, trading, grinding, etc. If you happen to see me on and would like a rush or need a quick hand with something, I'll help out. But the aforementioned assholes have sucked the joy out of the server for me. At least for now.

-Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstonejack View Post
    I've met some pretty cool people here, usually ready to help with everything from rushes to inferno cows to helping gear starter characters, to cutting you some slack on the price of some of the better items in the game. And I've tried to return the courtesy to others by doing the same, accepting Lo as an HR for new guys who don't know this is a Ber+ HR zone, etc.

But I've also met a lot of assholes who think it's okay to gouge players because they think they're new here. We're talking 15 Hrs ber+ for single cow set pieces, or they'll only sell for gold. And I'm talking $110+ worth for cow sets. All because they don't recognize your name, and don't think you know any better. Whe it first happened to me a while back, I just thought it was funny, because the guy was an obvious scammer. But then it kept happening more and more.

My point is that it's pissed me off. It makes the game unenjoyable for me. And notice I use the term "for me." Other people have more friends here, better conections, money to buy gold, win every tournament to win gold, more time to farm, etc. And I'm fine with that. Not mad at the people I see geared to the gills in any way. But the greed of a handful of people when I'm looking for items that are fairly common has soured me for now. So I'm gonna take a break. Maybe pop on here and there to say hi, but I'm not gonna sweat farming, building non-cookie cutter characters, trading, grinding, etc. If you happen to see me on and would like a rush or need a quick hand with something, I'll help out. But the aforementioned assholes have sucked the joy out of the server for me. At least for now.

-Jeremy
    Sorry to her your experience has been rough lately, I really hope to see you come back and play.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Sorry to her your experience has been rough lately, I really hope to see you come back and play.
    I'll be on here and there to say hi and help out. Just gonna de-stress a bit. It's not as dramatic as it sounds, man. My own anxiety, more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstonejack View Post
    I'll be on here and there to say hi and help out. Just gonna de-stress a bit. It's not as dramatic as it sounds, man. My own anxiety, more than anything.
    I understand, do what you gotta do!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

i feel your pain bro

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lampogriz View Post
    i feel your pain bro
    When I first joined a while before the ladder reset, you were one of the first ones to help me out with gearing a gnarly light zealer. Thanks, man. I haven't forgotten.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Tragos

I wish I could help more but all I can do is to give you a small tip.
    All players may have good and bad times, why don't you try to create or join a clan? (If you didn't yet) make some good trustworthy friends,run some events together, create and share a team account where all of you have access. None of us started geared and rich, I have just a necro summoner with decent gear but without the help of my mates I am pretty sure I couldn't do that by myself.if you change a bit your mind set and see things a bit more positive might help you I enjoy every moment with my clan I don't care if I miss any items, we fail some times but we are still smiling that's how we roll, take your time though and see how it works for you!

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by tragos View Post
    All players may have good and bad times, why don't you try to create or join a clan? (If you didn't yet) make some good trustworthy friends,run some events together, create and share a team account where all of you have access. None of us started geared and rich, I have just a necro summoner with decent gear but without the help of my mates I am pretty sure I couldn't do that by myself.if you change a bit your mind set and see things a bit more positive might help you I enjoy every moment with my clan I don't care if I miss any items, we fail some times but we are still smiling that's how we roll, take your time though and see how it works for you!
    I'll look into it. Like I said, I'm just taking a break to de-stress a bit. Cheers.

Gold

A few kind words and a a good sleep, and I'm already wanting to come back. See you in game, people. Thanks.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

Quote Originally Posted by tragos View Post
    Very well said Tragos. I can say the same thing about my clan. I would of never got where I am at if it had not been for any of them.
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

User Tag List