Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Endgame difficulty curve.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: schiggy
    Snake Champion!

I think what you posted is mostly right, maybe not the ladder reset part, but the item situation for sure.

For me a ladder reset is not about the items, you can farm it eventually anyway. It's about leveling up, exploring everything as first, reaching 99 as first and the increased player base in this time period. I wanted more ladder resets too, but for that reason. Not for item reset. I agree with Lucid there. But that beside, it's ok if you think differently there...

The problem imo is, we have no real mid class player base, as you said. You are in this position right now. There are too few players, and as you said, if you level 1-90 and stay there with no gear but tedious boss fights and 1k hours ahead of you. There is no real content to justify that amount of time to get to that level. You shouldn't compare yourself with that, but of course you do, players want to reach the highest level obviously.

Key hunting is time consuming, also frag parts and all of that. 24 SoH for a soulstone may sound like a cool idea, but is stupid if you allow endless loaders, could just make it 3 SoH and drop one each time. Like 2 patches ago we had a aware "bug" that dropped two organ sets for one key set. Considering the ease to level chars, the time to spend and now even recipes with annis, I think that should NOT have been "fixed".

In my opinion, d2 bnet vanilla was so fun to run, because at every point, or almost every, you could get every item. The things you farmed, no matter where, were always kinda rewarding and allowing you to progress. Of course, there was still ubers, but you don't farm them, as you farm dreamlands or plaguelands here now. The items were more balanced in general and you knew there uses already. Also with basic selffound stuff you could do the hardest parts of the game, like Ubers. You can't do that here so easily.

We should care to not have a "power creep" (see: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/648126) effect for the server here. If new content and items gets added, old will get obsolete. If you wanna fight high Cruci stuff, you need the gear of Dreamlands for example. It's similar with what you said, farming cows for hours just to get that HRs that can't directly (e.g. via rune words) help you, but instead you need to collect like ~20 to get a single piece of good item is stupid. I'm not saying we have this situation here, but especially if we get new content, that is limited to "rich" people we will stick with the community we have and new player will stop after a very short while, because it is not as casual as they wanted it to be and really too hard to catch up.

Again, I haven't played 3.2. I can't say how much the changes there work against what I said. I saw some good fixes for sure.

Also I want to mention this is indeed a new mod server. The idea of the server is challenging and should not be fully compared to bnet in every aspect, especially economy and pvm or non yet existent pvp. For players with a lot of time it is surely really good as it is, but I fully support what you are saying needs to get attention too.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: caca

Hi!
    imo its just a question of... char building and inestissement. i am kind of in the same situation, even if i started to play feqw months ago...
    but trust me your necro WONT be able to do much, BUT he can EASELY do PL, do like we all did farm it , with lichking again and again, get frost mourne and sets...
    then you can do uber cow, of course you wont kill the Rlyeh boss... unless you ll do a pala, smiter to kill it and get Boxes, that you will be able to open for free when some one will open a cthulu.
    with that same smiter you will be able to make plaguelands, you cant do all 4 bosses because of lake of stuff? Right make an java then, with comon stuff and some time you can do 2 boss with java and the 2 other with pala.
    Got it ? then make few hell cow with your java//necro to get some HR to make few rw.... thats kinda it, then it will become harder to get good chars to make crucibles and new area....i am at this point... but because i am lazy to make chars to be able to make solo crucible, and die and try hard again ... maybe so hard you
    GL dude!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Equalibrium

all i can say is come play hc then moan about sc.
    its not ment as a dig to anyone .
    but hc is way way way more of a pain in all these regards.
    the dificulty curve is a pain yes but your sc . your imortal.
    sc = time thats all. just stick at it my friend.
    Give the respect you expect.

Banned
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: jamesop

Quote Originally Posted by Equalibrium View Post
    all i can say is come play hc then moan about sc.
    its not ment as a dig to anyone .
    but hc is way way way more of a pain in all these regards.
    the dificulty curve is a pain yes but your sc . your imortal.
    sc = time thats all. just stick at it my friend.
    have fun playing regular d2 on hard core is all i can say lol. Those bosses and inferno levels are nothing to fuck with.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

We do the inferno levels and bosses on hardcore. Just takes even longer and there are only a few viable starterbuilds tho... But still possible.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Equalibrium

not the new inferno lvls mind. they are a propper piss take.
    but we will eventualy. all im sayin is just be glad you dont have perma death on top of your percived issues.
    #game and the others have done an amazing job here and even though hc gets shit on i greatly appreciate it.
    Give the respect you expect.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    Ehmm. A serverreset hurts new guys more than rich guys o.O

No free sets to get newbs started.

The rich will just play up golemancer + java and making the endgameareas after a week or two.

While newb maybe found full mav in between, our 15-20 pros have their thunderfurys again and selling good stuff for tons of hrs to those newbs.

= after a month or two, we are exactly where we are now...

Just my opinion...
    ...what?

1) Yes there won't be free sets for new players if there was a ladder reset, but neither will there be anything for any one in the meantime.

2) This statement is patently absurd. Not only do you make it sound like first both the golemancer and javazon are the best classes/builds (the former is useless without a tank and the latter doesn't even compare to a zeal paladin), but you would have us believe that within 1 to 2 weeks people will, after a reset no less, get all the things either classes will need from endgame material. Really? So you expect that to just magically get the cow queen set the first few times you do Inferno cows? How are you going to get past Azathoth and his minions the first time? How are you going to deal with the lich king for that matter the first couple of times? How about the crucible? There is no way you will get the best equipment with both classes in 2 weeks without cheating.

Gold

I just want to reiterate my main point in this thread by asking why can't there be an actual curve? Why can't certain items which aren't even that great in the long run such as mal and ist runes (I think I'll try to make a small list in the next post) drop more often? Why not make uber or omega runs worth while both to new and older players where the latter is willing to help the former by getting them torches, annihilus charms, abyss spheres, and tomes if the drops (in particular say with runes) are increased? Is that really too much to ask if you want people to stick around?

Gold

So here is the list so far of particular items I think whose drop rate should increase with the main purpose being to get players t advance at a certain pace. Note that this will of course be a work in progress.

Regarding runes
    Increase in general (and yes I do mean in general) but very slightly the drop rates for all runes, but with everything below mal being the most and everything after ohm being the least. The new "middle runes" (mal through ohm) ought to help newer players advance more if the drop rate for such is better than it is now. Perhaps such should be increased in uber or omega areas.

Regarding blue organs
    I know these aren't too find to hard, but perhaps the drop rate for such ought to be tweaked a little more higher (certainly something to be considered if everything else is ignored).

To be continued/edited

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Quote Originally Posted by vaudeville View Post
    ...what?

1) Yes there won't be free sets for new players if there was a ladder reset, but neither will there be anything for any one in the meantime.

2) This statement is patently absurd. Not only do you make it sound like first both the golemancer and javazon are the best classes/builds (the former is useless without a tank and the latter doesn't even compare to a zeal paladin), but you would have us believe that within 1 to 2 weeks people will, after a reset no less, get all the things either classes will need from endgame material. Really? So you expect that to just magically get the cow queen set the first few times you do Inferno cows? How are you going to get past Azathoth and his minions the first time? How are you going to deal with the lich king for that matter the first couple of times? How about the crucible? There is no way you will get the best equipment with both classes in 2 weeks without cheating.
    jep. im exactly saying this.

There are people having cowset after a week or two.
    If im right, i did lichking in between the first week even without a golemancer by my side.

i spoke of java + golemancer, cuz this is what you will need to have after a serverreset. There will be no lightning zealer...
    you may forget, that the first crucible clear has to be without stuffs from crucible. This pretty much proves, that is doable :3 otherwise we wouldnt have thunderfurys at all.

There are people/teams playing all day long and doing all the endgamestuffs that early. It will be like i said: While you are having your mavina full set finally, somebody else is joining your game with tons of effects around him and gosu stuffs.
    And guess who will be that. The rich people were the ones, that played the most and didnt care about what classes perform best.
    They were the richest in the last season (when i started), they are the richest now and they will stay the richest after the next reset.

So: a reset doesnt change THAT specific richness thing. No way.

Also: I really like resets and the start without having anything. Its not that i just argue against, so there wont be a reset.
    If you do it earlier, i appreciate it. But i just say, that it will change things for maybe a few weeks or the first months...

----------------------------

OH and back 2 topic:

The easiest way would be, to stretch out crucible a bit (like 30 levels). The level 20 should stay as it is and become lvl 30.
    The first few levels (from 1-10) should be stretched to the new 1-20.

This will: Make 4 "easy" bosses, that everyone even without golemancer should be able to kill.

4 bosses each dropping 100% one or two of 10 different items would end up being 40 items, that are pretty easy to get.
    The hardest part probably will be to make items that are not op and also making items that are for viable classes.

the crucible as it is, is a little bad atm... Good stuffs drop at lvl15+20, which you cannot reach without golemancer / a team.
    And the first two bosses are so easy, everone can farm it. And the 100% chance on only 2-3 items per boss makes me not even loot this things... I just let the items from the first boss lie on the ground, cuz they are bad and more common than blue rings.
    And the second boss' items are farmed pretty fast if you really would need em some day. But for the moment they just fill up your mules. So.. if they are not perfect, i let them on the ground also.

ends up in crucible beeing boring for me after 2-3 times of reaching level 14 solo.

if only the bosses would drop 10 items each. And one of those items being more rare than the others (and better ofc), then farming would make sense at least. Or?

regards.

oh btw, read this @Game if you have some spare minutes
    Last edited by Lucid; 04-06-2016 at 04:10 PM.

User Tag List