Thread: Give a use for High Runes

Give a use for High Runes

Right now runes are pretty useless. Most older players don't trade for high runes anymore. I like the idea that beginners could spend time farming runes and fragments to trade for equipment that they cant farm alone.

In official Diablo 2 high runes are required to create the highest tier of items, so it makes sense to have them as currency. In Annihilus runewords are not as strong as the top tier uniques and are only valuable for beginners.

I propose to create a use for the high runes so that even the guys who already own the best items can use them. My personal suggestion is to make a cube recipe which consumes high runes (eg Xers) and removes enchantments from items giving back the scrolls and the consumed item. That way people will have more opportunity to test out enchantments without waiting for the perfect item to enchant. Also this way we might see the first "The Old One" enchantment

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Memories

Hell yes. Love that idea to remove enchantments and give you the scroll back. The recipe needs to be high though, 3-4 xers. Respect

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Acculla

I love the idea

I'm always all for making items more useful, but unfortunately removing enchants is absolutely impossible

Gold
    Annihilus Account: champion

My formula is simple. I've got a specific item, so I enchant it. It's a waste of time to wait for perfect item to be enchanted It's just a game. Runes are useful for enchantments, but still from patch to patch new enchantments are added, so it's not the end!
    Stay tuned for Game updates!

btw Game, great work! D2 is reviving from the dead at this server!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

i'm still using runes for rerolling runewords and socketing items with bers/zod etc

Quote Originally Posted by champion View Post
    My formula is simple. I've got a specific item, so I enchant it. It's a waste of time to wait for perfect item to be enchanted It's just a game. Runes are useful for enchantments, but still from patch to patch new enchantments are added, so it's not the end!
    Stay tuned for Game updates!

btw Game, great work! D2 is reviving from the dead at this server!

Thanks

Gold
    Annihilus Account: myles5

i have the old one enchantment i just cant find the book and if i didnt i definatly wouldnt crush the book for no curses

User Tag List