Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: farming vanilla content to get marks!/why?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: sleezy2

farming vanilla content to get marks!/why?

so farming duriel right now and i have the speed down to 15-30 seconds per run and i have probably done around 2000 runs and have gotten one mark. I just keep thinking about how boring this is and how this could be so much better. we are farming vanilla areas that are soooo easy to clear! There is no challenge no deaths and i thought of an idea for farming marks and keys that would be way more fun.

There are so many great inferno areas that are great to farm but only half of them are accesible? u need to farm for months just to go into it once, why???

how cool would it to be able to farm tyrael with a level full of mobs before him that all mobs have a chance to drop tyraels key and tyrael has a greater chance. still make the drop chance low but once u get the key it opens a portal to 2 tyraels or tyrael and ubers or a rift diablo (just to make the fight harder/ more fun) promote more team play.

azmodan level is awesome so many mobs! that would be such a cool area to farm on a daily basis. make it like crucible that azmo can not be damaged until all mobs are cleared on the one area he is in! once u get the key for it to open a portal with azmo and cthulu...

fyi, crucible is way better!! love it, so much fun!! only had minor glitchs of mobs being off screen(i think) and unable to clear a level. mainly lvl 14

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Frigide

I dont like to have to get marks to get certain items, but making them "easy" to go to isnt the thing we want, or ppl would get hundreds of high tier items. Thats kinda not what we want do we?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

But u can also get marks from higher area's:
    Time Rift
    Clone Diablo
    Ubers
    Omega's

It's not just the main act bosses

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Frigide View Post
    I dont like to have to get marks to get certain items, but making them "easy" to go to isnt the thing we want, or ppl would get hundreds of high tier items. Thats kinda not what we want do we?
    you are missing the point! the idea is not to flood the market with more higher tier items, make the drop rates really low. The point is I have farmed this great gear so that i can run crucibles and inferno areas....but what am i doing. farming keys frags and mark? i dont need the gear im wearing to do that!! not to mention its sooo boring and under utilizing such cool levels!

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    But u can also get marks from higher area's:
    Time Rift
    Clone Diablo
    Ubers
    Omega's

It's not just the main act bosses
    exactly farming keys to do ubers/clone!! the best way to get that mark is to farm keys or buy organs to do ubers! also are very easy to do! But yes rift is a great level and have farmed it alot so far. no luck on mark in rift because its a better use of time to farm keys to do ubers to get torchs/ annis and the higher chance on marks. how did u get your mark and the shit ton of annis u got!! from buying organs or farming keys and running ubers and clones!! i would much rather farm rift, althgouh the drop rate on the mobs in that level is really low. so all u do is farm the bosses.

Gold

Hmmm, no I havent bought any organs from the vendor, I havent done many torch runs myself
    Google, Diablo 2 Clone Hunting, read some info, and u will see how i got my anni's!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

He makes a good point. If I had a choice to farm an easy boss thousands of times for the rare map drop that I may or may not be able to complete or to farm a hard boss over and over for the rare chance at a boss specific item drop, I'd choose the latter. The map system here (as cool as it sounds and fun as it may be for clans to tackle) is an exclusive system. I would prefer an inclusive farming environment. Farming is what D2 is all about. Making the content hard is fine and seems to be appreciated here but making it hard to get access to is a bit off putting.

Gold

Hmmm, no I havent bought any organs from the vendor, I havent done many torch runs myself
    Google, Diablo 2 Clone Hunting, read some info, and u will see how i got my anni's!
    Do sojs have to be sold to vendors here in order for the clone to spawn?

Gold

No, just replace the whole idea with Diablo Soulstones instead of sojs

Gold

No, just replace the whole idea with Diablo Soulstones instead of sojs
    Are you able to get multiple Annis out of one soulstone that way?

User Tag List