View Poll Results: Should we add this restriction to inferno cows?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 46.15%
  • No

7 53.85%

Thread: Apply the same distance between players restriction as cruci to inferno cows

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

Apply the same distance between players restriction as cruci to inferno cows

It happens every...single...time. Someone is generous enough to make an inferno cow game public for mass exp. Then there is that ONE guy (sometimes two) who takes it upon himself to go off on his own and clear half the level stealing the exp from everyone else. By applying the same distance between players damage restriction as cruci to inferno cows, problem solved.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Vorpvp

+1, tired of kids ruining inf cows

Gold
    Annihilus Account: JoeMamAz

No. That is the risk of making games public.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

Imo better to announse game with some rules

Gold
    Annihilus Account: champion

Just add a point in server rules, and time ban people who break those rules.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Bloop3

well the original idea seems like it wouldnt work very well because the damage aura would have to follow someone and they could potentially go afk OR be the one running off on their own.

time banning would work tho, it might encourage negative feelings about the server though but I think we'd survive that haha

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

That sounds like quite an over-exaggeration Dac; however, I have come to the point where this lone ranger(s) crap in Inferno cows is really starting to piss me off a lot especially when they were my organs. This has happened to me at least 4 times already, and each time it was always a Warcry Barbarian, and I'm willing to bet it was for the rest of you too.

I would recommend the following prescriptions that might ease such frustrations:

Number 1: Make it invite only and talk to people ahead of time (something I actually ended up doing once). Perhaps to go further, we could have a designated chat bot for inferno cows or something on discord to arrange things (that's what I ended up doing once).

Number 2: Have a designated leader (maybe like crucible in the literal sense i.e. make or have some player have or use some kind of item with an effect so that players can easily spot the leader) that players must follow and not deviate far from. Any player that doesn't stick with the program should quite frankly be black-listed.

Number 3: As mentioned above, black list insubordinate players in inferno cow games. Not exactly thrilled about this idea since I know we're going to have the resident trolls here claim so and so is screwing around during inferno cow games when they aren't, but the word is going to go around eventually. I'm not asking that these players be banned even perhaps from inferno cow games, but they do need to be made an example of and the community should get the heads up as to who they're dealing with. Obviously some witnesses and screen shots are a requisite for this. I don't want to see space wasted here with someone falsely accusing someone else of screwing a game up who wasn't even in the game.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-01-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

Quote Originally Posted by vaudeville View Post
    That sounds like quite an over-exaggeration Dac; however, I have come to the point where this lone ranger(s) crap in Inferno cows is really starting to piss me off a lot especially when they were my organs. This has happened to me at least 4 times already, and each time it was always a Warcry Barbarian, and I'm willing to bet it was for the rest of you too.

I would recommend the following prescriptions that might ease such frustrations:

Number 1: Make it invite only and talk to people ahead of time (something I actually ended up doing once). Perhaps to go further, we could have a designated chat bot for inferno cows or something on discord to arrange things (that's what I ended up doing once).

Number 2: Have a designated leader (maybe like crucible in the literal sense i.e. make or have some player have or use some kind of item with an effect so that players can easily spot the leader) that players must follow and not deviate far from. Any player that doesn't stick with the program should quite frankly be black-listed.

Number 3: As mentioned above, black list insubordinate players in inferno cow games. Not exactly thrilled about this idea since I know we're going to have the resident trolls here claim so and so is screwing around during inferno cow games when they aren't, but the word is going to go around eventually. I'm not asking that these players be banned even perhaps from inferno cow games, but they do need to be made an example of and the community should get the heads up as to who they're dealing with. Obviously some witnesses and screen shots are a requisite for this. I don't want to see space wasted here with someone falsely accusing someone else of screwing a game up who wasn't even in the game.
    I like #2. Alot. That's exactly what i was talking about int he first place. It eliminates the need for private games rules/ect. make the leader the person who opened ryleh.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

Probably the best way to go. Was helpful when Savior was doing inferno cows with his WC barb. He had the one wings and people just followed him.

And just to say, if no one wants to be the "leader", that is they pretty much came in just for the queen, then I think its safe to say the rules may not apply unless that person designates someone else to be leader to play the game. Perhaps it could be just like crucible in the effect sense.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-01-2017 at 06:09 PM.

User Tag List