Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does Amp Magic from divinity gloves do?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: bgtomsk

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Druids are a bit strong right now, they will be changed a little in the upcoming 5.0 patch Vengeance Paladin in my opinion is in a good spot, if you enjoy it I would tinker with builds until you find one you like for it!
    It is quite complicated not to overdo it. It is no longer the most effective build in everything. If you're going to lower the DPS, the inconvenience in aiming may outweigh its damage output. The wind build already feels slow and is on the verge to be abandoned. Сan we discuss the upcoming changes?

Quote Originally Posted by bgtomsk View Post
    It is quite complicated not to overdo it. It is no longer the most effective build in everything. If you're going to lower the DPS, the inconvenience in aiming may outweigh its damage output. The wind build already feels slow and is on the verge to be abandoned. Сan we discuss the upcoming changes?
    We're talking tornado druids? They're still in the top 2 best, right below WWsin. I haven't decided on what route to take, but I may get rid of cold damage and make the damage proc quicker like it used to.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Druids are strong?

Without flame horizon they are absurdely weak damagewise. I tried a few things after you said fh gets nerfed...

And to the mentioned fh procs ive already stated my concerns in the staffs discord channel.

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

We're talking about tornado druid lucid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    Druids are strong?

Without flame horizon they are absurdely weak damagewise. I tried a few things after you said fh gets nerfed...

And to the mentioned fh procs ive already stated my concerns in the staffs discord channel.
    I never said I was touching melee druid, I am making changes to tornado specifically, and tweaking flame horizon, as the undocumented change I made to it in 4.2 made it a bit too strong.

Gold

but I may get rid of cold damage and make the damage proc quicker like it used to.
    Do you mean you may decrease the dmg by half or replace the cold part of the dmg with phys? So it will lead to the use of phys horads instead of cold that wont be useful for hurricane, making hurricane closer to holy freeze.

Do you mean you may decrease the dmg by half or replace the cold part of the dmg with phys? So it will lead to the use of phys horads instead of cold that wont be useful for hurricane, making hurricane closer to holy freeze.
    Hurricane isn't used for damage already, it is mostly for the buff it gives, but it would likely be changed as well. Tornado / wind druids definitely aren't staying as they are now, they have no weaknesses and can melt anything in the game. Wayyy too strong.

Gold

Hurricane isn't used for damage already, it is mostly for the buff it gives, but it would likely be changed as well. Tornado / wind druids definitely aren't staying as they are now, they have no weaknesses and can melt anything in the game. Wayyy too strong.
    Tornado is much slower than hurricane in killing trash monsters, for example, for cow lvl/1-2 lvls of cruc. Its an only AOE spell for wind build. Removing cold pierce that horads may give it becomes much less useful even for trash, so it will take much more time than many other builds to kill scattered groups of monsters, making the playstyle very slow and lame. It definetly needs to be the same type of dmg as tornados.

What about the worth of cold horads? Cold sorcs dont need them, bow amazons get more dmg output with fire, no other builds known to me use cold dmg as primary. Will they be replaced with phys horas aswell?

Tornado is much slower than hurricane in killing trash monsters, for example, for cow lvl/1-2 lvls of cruc. Its an only AOE spell for wind build. Removing cold pierce that horads may give it becomes much less useful even for trash, so it will take much more time than many other builds to kill scattered groups of monsters, making the playstyle very slow and lame. It definetly needs to be the same type of dmg as tornados.

What about the worth of cold horads? Cold sorcs dont need them, bow amazons get more dmg output with fire, no other builds known to me use cold dmg as primary. Will they be replaced with phys horas aswell?
    I was also debating on maybe switching tornado to full on Cold as well, I couldn't decide. This may be a solution. However, you keep mentioning slow AoE clearing, but druid is already the second quickest single target killer in the game. It's okay to be weak at AoE, a class doesn't have to be super strong in both single target and AoE, especially if it is one of the best in the game at either one. I have no plans of ruining the class, but it cannot stay as it is.

Gold

I was also debating on maybe switching tornado to full on Cold as well, I couldn't decide. This may be a solution. However, you keep mentioning slow AoE clearing, but druid is already the second quickest single target killer in the game. It's okay to be weak at AoE, a class doesn't have to be super strong in both single target and AoE, especially if it is one of the best in the game at either one. I have no plans of ruining the class, but it cannot stay as it is.
    Isnt it already weak at AoE...
    Hurricane isn't used for damage already
    What about a bone nec against single target? Where would you put him in the rankings? In endgame gear it takes 2-3 shots to kill cruc cain from even a safer position than dru.
    A spear zon? It doesn't even require an endgame gear to overcome a perf druid in timing against most of the bosses. The time spent on killing is most noticeable especially for bosses that need to be grinded thousands of times to make valuable loot, as it was with Santa.
    Wolf druid at bosses with trash monsters, for example, rift diablo?
    Fire trapper is better against rift diablo/ctoggha aswell.

Even looking at how much wind druids are online it doesnt seem like it is an ultimate build.

User Tag List