Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Necromancer Abyss

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

Necromancer Abyss

I want to share an idea I've had, now I know I've had some crazy opinions about Necro recently and after a lot of gameplay I see my worries were unfounded.

The suggestion I have is very minor and serves as a convenience for any type of Necro, regarding the Abyss charm and Iron Golem in consideration of recent patch updates.

Hope you enjoy the read.

1) My thinking is that having a 1 skill point item for Iron Golem (Abyss seems the most suitable) would allow a Necro to reset skills without the currently summoned Iron Golem dying and its sacrificed item being lost. I don't believe it would change the fact the golem will be lost if the Necro dies, and that is understandable.

Every type of Necromancer can seriously benefit from a 125% phys/magic immune Iron Golem, but currently if you decide to use an expensive item on the golem you must make a conscious decision to never reset your skills/stats or the item is lost because the golem dies, this could be irritating to some people who suddenly need more strength for a new item or want to try a new build.

2) Instead of extra Bone Spear projectiles I believe a couple other mechanics should be considered, as I said in light of the updates. A few options to consider are small benefits for Golems and Revives or CTC Diablo Prison when struck -- things that can be used in every build.

This is due to the fact Bone is a mechanic that the vast majority of Necro builds are ignoring in favor of Poison or simply because they're summoners and prefer to stay in Lich form. I understand changing this mechanic might make Bone even less attractive, but every other Abyss charm has a benefit that can be utilized by all of its builds.

I'm on my phone so I can't respond properly now, but bone spear necro was tied with fire sorc in last patch, probaby still is! Nobody believed me but it's true.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Fitsu

Quote Originally Posted by Addah View Post
    every other Abyss charm has a benefit that can be utilized by all of its builds.
    *Looks at barbs abyss with "attacks stun targets"... Looks at my warcry barb. Yes, every....*

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    *Looks at barbs abyss with "attacks stun targets"... Looks at my warcry barb. Yes, every....*
    Barb Prime 2/3 bonuses still apply to every build, health when struck and health per hit.

Necro Prime 50% piercing and extra Bone Spear is useless for a summoner or poison, which are the most popular builds, the only benefit now is a chance to cast a pathetic venomous spirit when struck which is mostly irrelevant to a responsible Necro.

@Game I hope you can see the appeal of updating the Abyss Prime charm to be relevant for more Necro builds, as for the mechanics of Necro Prime benefits they are the least valuable of any abyss prime charm, since none of the mechanics help Summoner and only Venomous spirit helps Poison.
    Last edited by Addah; 03-03-2017 at 07:36 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

I've always thought the extra Bone Spear should be added to a Necromancer weapon.
    And the Prime should get something else, but that's just how I see it.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Frigide

what about skeleton archers using strafe or GA haha

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Quote Originally Posted by Frigide View Post
    Lol that actually sounds pretty cool to me, but maybe OP haha.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Savior View Post
    I've always thought the extra Bone Spear should be added to a Necromancer weapon.
    And the Prime should get something else, but that's just how I see it.
    Yes that's a good idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigide View Post
    Cool but obviously too overpowered, unless the overall damage output was the roughly the same, perhaps occasionally enchanted similarly to regular mage skeleton variables?

@Game how long before your real reply
    Last edited by Addah; 03-08-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Addah View Post
    Yes that's a good idea too.

Cool but obviously too overpowered, unless the overall damage output was the roughly the same, perhaps occasionally enchanted similarly to regular mage skeleton variables?

@Game how long before your real reply
    No plans to change the Prime for necromancers at this time, sorry!

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    No plans to change the Prime for necromancers at this time, sorry!
    Even though it has no benefit aside from 1 skill for the main necro build: Summoner?

User Tag List