Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GOLD VENDOR FIRST WEEK DISCUSSION THREAD

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Nothing will be removed for longer than a week, sorry Also drop rates have been lowered twice in Patch 4.2 alone, do you read the patch notes?
    yes i read patch notes, but drop rates was not enough lowered ofc

Gold
    Annihilus Account: nedamettin

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    Yea but the endgame is clear after three days. I dont see a reason to cut hadriel away for more than a few days.
    Not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    The people who band together and race to 99 as a group always leave the individuals in the dust. No matter what advantages the individuals might have. There are also some builds right now that can farm inferno portals without even wearing gear This next reset will be interesting.
    Playing a meta build or grouping up is the nature of hardcore multiplayer gaming. Nothing can prevent this. No game can have a %100 balance. I am pretty sure druids and sins will be the elite groups as always. I for myself will go anti-meta and start with necro and trade the druid goodies I'll find to gear up even faster.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: WDZepplin2

Quote Originally Posted by Lampogriz View Post
    yes i read patch notes, but drop rates was not enough lowered ofc
    Yay let's make mobs have 1% chance to drop an item period (just a single magic jewel) so that way there is no gear at all and people bitch some more.
    Let's face it, who cares about regular set items, it's all about late game items that have set drop rates (think crucible, it will always drop an item no matter what)

The system is fine the way it is. It brings money to the server, people who have money ALWAYS had an advantage in ANY GIVEN game whether it's this one, WoW, POE, etc, etc.
    Money can buy anything so your logic is flawed from the get go

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

Quote Originally Posted by wdzepplin View Post
    Yay let's make mobs have 1% chance to drop an item period (just a single magic jewel) so that way there is no gear at all and people bitch some more.
    i didint say to make 1% chance, you failed

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

the dropchances are fine for me. Im not one of these pros, farming a single spot the whole day. I have like 2-3 hours on regular workdays that i spend farming all possible spots. And that way the dropchances atm feel ok.

I can imagine tho, that when you play 24/7 the ladder gets boring after 2-3 weeks

Gold
    Annihilus Account: WDZepplin2

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    the dropchances are fine for me. Im not one of these pros, farming a single spot the whole day. I have like 2-3 hours on regular workdays that i spend farming all possible spots. And that way the dropchances atm feel ok.

I can imagine tho, that when you play 24/7 the ladder gets boring after 2-3 weeks
    Exactly and pretty much all games will feel dull if you play non stop. It will be even worse if the drop chances are nerfed to the ground for casual players that cannot afford to spend more than few hours here and there to play because of life obligations (family, work, friends, hobbies, etc)

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

*takes a deep breath and sips some coffee*

- Gold is the progress you save when playing months before ladder reset, apparently most of the top Gold players have hardly donated, instead they earned it, so by definition that is not pay to win.

- Although this goes against the spirit of resetting the ladder, I understand it is necessary to keep players engaged, focused on the next ladder, participate in events, and make money and votes for the server

- The items sold by Hadriel is the real question, not the concept of Gold itself, people think it won't be competitive after the 1st week of ladder when the items are added back, and I don't believe that to be true

- Drop rates are not a real problem, only an imagined one, because we are all playing with the same rates. The difference in opinion comes from arguing over how long it should take you to be fully geared.

- Game has said in another thread, and I agree, that the best way to progress is playing all the time, and spending gold is slower progress by comparison, but with the exception of Chests/Keys, which is buying end-game items and I'll cover this next.

- Personally I think 1 week with no Hadriel vendor at all, then add the RNG items like chests/keys/organ/frag bags, then 1 week after that add the Runes back

- It will help the nostalgia for advanced players to have 0 help from gold at the start, then starting with RNG items, and Runes after that, making sure everyone is on equal terms during the early grind-fest period. Adding Chests/Bags back after 1 week and Runes back after 2 weeks is not unreasonable, because by then the trade economy will be getting more serious and Runes will serve a minimal purpose for the first week.
    Last edited by Addah; 01-10-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

I think everyone is just overthinking this and worried over nothing.
    Last ladder I started with barely any gold at all and as everyone can see now, I have more than "barely any".
    And most of my gold is from selling all my items from this current ladder, which everyone has a chance to do.
    I have not spent 1 cent of my own money to purchase any of the gold I have now.
    And for the last few months I haven't spent any of my gold on anything just to save up for next ladder.
    And I don't intend to waste it on infernal chests when I could use it much more wisely later on.
    Also 10,000 of my gold is from voting which everyone has the ability to do, so everyone has the same chances.
    The people complaining that everyone with a lot of gold will have an advantage shouldn't have spent all their gold.
    Or if they were smart they would've sold all of their gear for gold just like I and many others have done.
    Also as long as voting is an option, no one has a bigger advantage than anyone else, we all get gold somehow.
    I could go on more about this but I have places to be, everyone just stop worrying and get back to having fun!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Ukon

Ladder reset is so dumb.

All I hear people say is :

I want to play the game without access to any items and not being rushed.

Answer:

Just play the game, how it was intended, without being rushed. Your problem is solved.

No matter what the admins do, the rich will always get richer. There will never be a level playing field.

This game is not setup to have a ladder reset nor care about who gets to lvl 99 first.

This game is based around PVP, with leveling and gear making your character better in ththe PVP arena. There just never will be enough content / difficulty for this to be a PVM game, similar to Final Fantasy 11.

Make a PVP ladder and all th problems are solved.

The community is not large enough to support NL and ladder. Even in the community in vanilla D2, all ladder is is a MF haven. Then people play / PVP on NL and sell the good items they found on ladder, to NL when it rolls over.

ladder resets, especially with a minimal community size, lead to economy disruption and play decrease because no one is actually playing right now because people are just waiting for reset.

That is why no trades are happening and all the games available are just advertising their FT list to sel for gold.

Why is this so hard for people Understand?

Having a ladder reset is completely retarded.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Quote Originally Posted by Ukon View Post
    Ladder reset is so dumb.

All I hear people say is :

I want to play the game without access to any items and not being rushed.

Answer:

Just play the game, how it was intended, without being rushed. Your problem is solved.

No matter what the admins do, the rich will always get richer. There will never be a level playing field.

This game is not setup to have a ladder reset nor care about who gets to lvl 99 first.

This game is based around PVP, with leveling and gear making your character better in ththe PVP arena. There just never will be enough content / difficulty for this to be a PVM game, similar to Final Fantasy 11.

Make a PVP ladder and all th problems are solved.

The community is not large enough to support NL and ladder. Even in the community in vanilla D2, all ladder is is a MF haven. Then people play / PVP on NL and sell the good items they found on ladder, to NL when it rolls over.

ladder resets, especially with a minimal community size, lead to economy disruption and play decrease because no one is actually playing right now because people are just waiting for reset.

That is why no trades are happening and all the games available are just advertising their FT list to sel for gold.

Why is this so hard for people Understand?

Having a ladder reset is completely retarded.
    Sadly people usually don't play the game normally unless their forced to, theirs a certain realness to doing it from scratch.
    Also sadly no one wants to play Non Ladder and also then that splits up the players even more.
    I could easily give another example similar to what you're saying, its the same thing as Hardcore.
    People could just play the same style as Hardcore but on Softcore and just never die on Softcore.
    It would be the exact same as Hardcore is, but people just prefer the realness of knowing if they die it's over.
    And if you're saying this server revolves around PVP that is just absurd, the least popular activity is PVP.
    Lack of PVP has always been one of the biggest problems about Diablo 2 in my opinion.
    And yeah the rich will always get richer, because they put effort into it and love the game and enjoy playing.
    What you're saying is basically like saying anyone who's rich in the world doesnt deserve to be even if they worked for it.
    Annihilus may be a game but it's not much different than real life, it's unfair and you dont always get what you want.
    There are plenty of things even I would like to change about this server, but It's not my choice and I accept that.

User Tag List