Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with C0000005 error

Gold
    Annihilus Account: BellyButton

Help with C0000005 error

Hello Everyone!

Alright so I recently updated my laptop to a more efficient gaming rig. Every game I try to play runs amazingly, besides Annihilus. I keep getting an unhandled exception error. It seems pretty common around the internet, but no one has made a sure proof method to fix it. I had gotten it before on my older pc, but after changing some things around (windowed mode and whatnot) it fixed it.

The problem I have currently is: I have to relaunch Diablo 2 with the Anni Launcher (sometimes over 50x) before I can get it to actually let me into the server. I only know it's going to work if the game loads with sound, no sound no love ha. It's not an absolute "screw this game, I'm done." type scenario since it still works eventually.

My question to you all, is there any computer guru out there that can end my pain?

P.S. I've tried all of the backwoods try this try that solutions you can find around the common web.

Thank you to anyone who attempts to solve my not-so crazy but rather annoying problem!

BellyButton

Gold

Sorry for double post, but would also like to add that I have also followed the DEP tutorial posted on the site to no prevail.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: suckafiiish

I restarted my laptop today and now i have this same error.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: iHoLy

Make sure the game is running on the latest version. Also, run in administrator and compatibility mode. When you run the program in COMP mode, it will ask you to run a test, run the test and when it works, save the settings. Sometimes you have to restart your computer, as this happens to me quite often. Hope it helps.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by HoLy View Post
    Make sure the game is running on the latest version. Also, run in administrator and compatibility mode. When you run the program in COMP mode, it will ask you to run a test, run the test and when it works, save the settings. Sometimes you have to restart your computer, as this happens to me quite often. Hope it helps.
    Already tried to run in every comp mode, same issue in each one. Also, I have the Launcher, Game.exe, and Diablo2.exe all set to always run as admin.

Thank you for your reply though!

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Krystals

Make sure your game is in English and running d2 1.13c also make sure you aren't running any -direct -txt mods like far cast or even gui changes

Gold

Game is in English, and whatever annihilus full launcher installs. I believe it's 1.13D actually. Also, no mods at all. Have the issue even on a fresh install after directly downloading from the link. Thank you for your suggestion!

Edit: Yes, after every installation I use the launcher to "Re-update" to the latest revision.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Krystals

Delete your diablo 2 registry completely and try it again. You're right 1.13d is the right version. You could try the manual install folder incase the launcher or installer doesn't have the permissions to overwrite the old dll files

Quote Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
    Game is in English, and whatever annihilus full launcher installs. I believe it's 1.13D actually. Also, no mods at all. Have the issue even on a fresh install after directly downloading from the link. Thank you for your suggestion!

Edit: Yes, after every installation I use the launcher to "Re-update" to the latest revision.
    Did you happen to try the steps we have in the sticky thread specifically for this error? http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=7104

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Norp

Best thing to do is Restart up pc several times always works for me

User Tag List