Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My list of balancing

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Equalibrium

you can double drop rates for all i care all i want to do is be able to play all of this amazing content on HC. that will mean SC is sacrificed abit. it seems simple to me if you want a harder experience then play hc because i 100% guarentee they wont be farmed that quick. the only reason its done at all in SC is because there is no wall for you to hit.
    to be clear its not ment as a dig. each to there own and all that. but diablo is not just SC. and it has to be doable by lets not say average because in all fairness the average of players has dropped imo since diablo was released. no patiance etc but at same time it cannot and should not be built around elite players. someone mentioned POE. that game does not cater to elites and is massive. you can apeal to the masses without catering to one section.
    Give the respect you expect.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    If drop rates are going to be nerfed on dreamland items then they would need to all be buffed to make them worth farming for. The only reason that I bothered to farm that zone repeatedly was for Pboxes. The fact that I found a couple con rings was nice but not much else was of any worth to players as far as trade goes. At least for the players that actually have the currency to trade for the items. Those top tier players have already moved on to farming Crucible items. What the hell do they need a Husk of Kaluut for?

Which brings me to my next point. The drops rates that are being suggested here are coming from a guy who is farming with the absolute best gear in the game and who farms with a group of other top players. Of course he will think that everything is too easy to come by. I think that making changes based on the experiences of a chosen few that sit at the very top of the food chain would be foolish at the very least.

As more and more end game gear is added to the server, the gap created between the average player and the 1337 Haxor players will only increase. This is just what happens. It's not necessarily a bad thing but catering to those elite few because they want the items that they are hoarding to be worth more is only going to ruin the fun factor of this sacred game
    This gentleman completely gets it, ladder reset or not. At best, only the elite or rather I should say very lucky seem to be rewarded the most . Everyone else is stuck grinding until either they get help from those that were the luckiest and/or more committed or they're stuck trading whatever lesser things they can scrounge that the elite may need, but would rather not waste their time getting. Otherwise I think you'll have a worse situation than you do now.

On another note, I'm a lot more worried about caches dropped by azathoth than dreamland bosses (unless caches themselves are either very hard to open or have less chances of giving players something they want) since as of now it is better to farm him than it is with dreamland bosses (I've certainly noticed far less people doing dreamland bosses since the last patch).
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-16-2016 at 11:12 PM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Equalibrium View Post
    you can double drop rates for all i care all i want to do is be able to play all of this amazing content on HC. that will mean SC is sacrificed abit. it seems simple to me if you want a harder experience then play hc because i 100% guarentee they wont be farmed that quick. the only reason its done at all in SC is because there is no wall for you to hit.
    to be clear its not ment as a dig. each to there own and all that. but diablo is not just SC. and it has to be doable by lets not say average because in all fairness the average of players has dropped imo since diablo was released. no patiance etc but at same time it cannot and should not be built around elite players. someone mentioned POE. that game does not cater to elites and is massive. you can apeal to the masses without catering to one section.
    This guy also gets it. Want things harder? Do hardcore then. Less people around and easily more challenging.

Also just to say, if you want less people around (hardcore or not) than by all means make the drops harder. If that's what few want, so be it, but it sounds awfully lonely and boring when it doesn't have to be.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-16-2016 at 11:16 PM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by rrra View Post
    Yeah the only people who would benefit from this are those who have either lots of gold or way too much time on their hands. Unfortunately, I have neither. I agree that caches are barely worth picking up right now. But I think the correct answer is to buff it by adding a divine gem or something on that level to the guaranteed drop instead of nerfing it.
    ...huh? I'd say caches are more worth grabbing than farming dreamlands since typically people will kill azathoth because he's in the way. That and the drops for dreamland bosses as they stand now are quite atrocious (compared to the possibility of getting say a husk from a cache). Caches should be dealt with first and foremost, then dreamland boss drops.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    cthulhu set items 1:600 maybe a little bit harder with a buff to them would be good especially physical even without them being tougher to find... physical is shit
    pbox 1:125
    bulwark 1:500
    purrys 1:750
    kaalut (poison damage should have gfg boost imo) 1:500
    acid inject 1:500
    sha (this needs to be buffed too an eth sha should be best zeal wep) 1:500
    valusia (this needs buff too maybe 65% snake spawn rate +1 skill) 1:500
    othu eye 1:750
    lich 1:750
    knars 1:250
    hrs - possibly a tad bit harder
    blue organs - imo to fix the sadness of the blue box + make more people want to do them they should be about 25-45x as rare + thicker cows (like prepatch) + hardness / + xp based on how rare they get and not be able to come in org basket ofc and cow set item drop off the queen every time
    cons about 2x as hard to find
    maelstrom - cut this damage in half...
    Turn down pvp damage from 25% to 10%
    Tf is op asf all i should have to say
    FM should be 15-20 cold aura i believe
    all the useless cthulhu items should be buffed...
    and last but not least.. make the new items not purple, purple is my color

this prob isnt everything since i havent been around for the new patches if you have more you can post below
    ...I know this is your opinion, but...

1) Definitely agree on thunderfury though I'm not sure on frostmourne but what you proposed on that isn't too bad. The former even if it is ultimately harder to get is still too op. It should be toned down a bit.

2) Maelstrom should not be cut in half. There would be little point in doing so anyway if it is harder to get good items in general in the first place (the lich king as of now certainly likes to not drop the unique legend spike so you're not going to be seeing people do massive damage with maelstrom anytime soon). Either the skill could be toned down a bit (cut by 25% at most) or the dagger used with it could be toned slightly or not so easy to find which in my opinion is already the case.

3) Not a hundred percent sure on blue organs vs. guarantee cow queen set pieces drop (or did I misinterpret that part). I think they ought to be a bit harder to get (this will help resolve the problem with caches), but if that's the case then the chances of getting a cow queen set item should increase a bit (much as I would like it, they should not be guaranteed). I think that's the general deal you're proposing. I think it has merit.

4) Regarding the dreamland boss drops, I'd have to see what the figures are as of now. Seems difficult with what you propose, but then I'm not sure how everything else is factored which could make such easier (contrary to a few comments I've made). Then again, you are proposing to buff a few of the dreamland items. I guess the proposal is worth considering in general though the rates should be open to dispute.

5) No on high runes. I'd rather they be what they are now, than harder.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-16-2016 at 11:19 PM.

Gold

Well I suppose its my turn to be scrutinized though right now my list of suggestions would be relatively short if you excluded my other comments about drops

1) Allow rejuvenation potions to be bought (again like my other comment, they don't even need to be full rejuvenation potions). I already said it before, and I'll say it again. There is no point in buying potions at least once you've rushed. After that, its pointless. If you want to require players have some kind of token to purchase or obtain (maybe such could be given from tournaments only?)for free rejuvenation potions or make them cheap (say 4 potions cost at least 1 gold), than ok, but the option should be there.

2) Also will repeat myself on caches. They need to be altered. Jared has the right idea in a way with regard to blue organs which will affect caches though I disagree with his drop rates. The point here is that players shouldn't seek to farm Azathoth to get the drops (other than puzzleboxes) from the dreamland bosses. That is silly.

3) Minor, but could Khalim's (hope?) be buffed a bit either in terms of fcr or how many hammers are spawned? I don't mind if the dmg is reduced, but hammers seem kind of weird once the enemy closes in (yes I know hammers aren't too effective but the other builds need some more love).

4) I still think at the very least, something worthwhile ought to be dropped during uber and wolrdstone questing so that older players have more of an incentive to help newer players get torches, annihilus charms, etc.

5) I would rather see the diablo clone made harder than annihilus charms tedious to get with the standard of heroes nonsense. Challenging is one thing. It's something to look forward to. Tedious is not.

6) I still also think scrolls should be easier to find (at least lower level ones) although upon consideration of what another person posted (ignoring its tone and part of the whole response) I'm thinking they should not be open to re-rolling or if they are re-rolling should only produce perhaps the same level type enchantments. In other words, 3 cannot be frozen scrolls can't be transmuted to give me a golem enchantment. That's ridiculous. I don't see why this isn't merited.

7) Perhaps a special clan charm so that members of such are more easily identifiable visually (consider it the equivalent of a team's jersey). Such should probably have to be purchasable (considering that it would have to be customized) so that people don't end up asking to have one particular charm for themselves and to minimize the effort of making such.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-17-2016 at 12:21 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Equalibrium

@vaudeville ) Also will repeat myself on caches. They need to be altered. Jared has the right idea in a way with regard to blue organs which will affect caches though I disagree with his drop rates. The point here is that players shouldn't seek to farm Azathoth to get the drops (other than puzzleboxes) from the dreamland bosses. That is silly.

this is the only real way for none elite hc players to ever get DL gear. so ill repeat myself d2 is not just SC.
    Give the respect you expect.

Banned
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: jamesop

-Crucible now gives exp and drops items similar to SoH based on players in game Maybe levels 10+
    -Juvs in the store like stated above. (Smite is useless, lifesteal doesn't do any justice.) Casters have no way to regen hp.
    -Token in shop = 0 Gold. Free repsec, I don't see what this will hurt.
    -Key Drop decreased. Annis and Torches aren't worth getting at all.
    -Baal only drops, Decrease Re-spawn timer on wave spawns for baal.
    -Easier runewords, that actually have power. (Hrs can just buy you much better things) Earlier on this would help, while later in ladder it dies down.
    -Cube in inventory at start, simple. Reduce mules needed.
    -Make MF useful again, rare charms?
    -Increase the BO on CTA 6-12 maybe? Bo barbs with 50+ all skills are easy to obtain.
    -Have users submit item ideas. Lightning Fury is too strong. We need items that are easily the same tier.
    -Remove Gems/Runes needed for Crafting/Socketing items. (Or atleast return the pgem or something.)
    -Buff Gheed's, I feel MF is useless on this mod. Maybe +Skills or some resistance.
    -Remove 1shotkos.. (This is a big one) 7k life with 20% cold sorb 95 cold res shouldn't get almost 1 shot by lich king.
    -Buff the Crucible or revamp, make it amazing. (It's a really unique idea already, I just feel it needs some improvements.) Most players don't even know it's there.
    -Nerf Inferno levels, A Zeal pally will run it in 3-4 minutes. Any other class? 8+ mins drops aren't that great anyways.
    -Tweak current uniques, most are very underwhelming.
    -Remove Time Limit/Death/Aura in Crucible (Not sure how this would be done.) One idea, make the aura affect the chest not the players.

These are just some ideas, so let me know what you think. Not sure how hard or easily any of these will be done. But, these are my opinions/ideas.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: caca

Quote Originally Posted by Frigide View Post
    About dreamland items quality:
    Rares just happened. Let Game some time to balance things between rares and uniques. He already started to revisit DL items.

About new ladder:
    1/
    No more key to tyrael by shop, no more massive free LK items with a good team comp early.
    Even the casual player can drop the best rare in game, with 50% Mf and 2k orb dmg. I dont think it was the same in previous ladders!?!

2/
    There is always players who can play more than others.
    There is always players with better knowledge, who will play in team and be fast. Thats not new to this mod and will always make ppl feel like they are "late" on the eco, should it be 1 week or 3 months after ladder reset.
    The economy of a private server cant be OK with 100 players, there is ALWAYS ppl richer due to their knowledge/teamplay/invested time.
    What can you do about that ??!!!!!!................ Its just like so.

I am absolutly against makin it easier to make ppl stay or come. (POE isnt easy, and if u dont like it u can go play D3, if that makes my point clearer).
    Just choose the game you play and play it by its rules. If its too hard, too much time consuming, just play something else.
    Curling isnt very popular, but some ppl like it. If u r playing curling, will u try and change the rules so ppl start playing more curling?
    This mod is good. Trust Game a bit, and play his game.
    Feedback is good, thinkin you know better how to isn't.

Just to make it clear, thats my opinion, and i dont target anyone saying those things, just thoughts in general.
    @Game : thx again for crafts/ rares. Can be best in slot AND doesnt require any special uniques to get. A.K.A. even a totally unstuffed new starter can loot rares, or gather perfect gems + jewels + low runes, unless he doesnt wanna make the effort.
    i think that "YOU IS NOOB", but i agree100% with you =).

Lets farm rares! those 100K gold mofo will be like crazy when a noob will drop a godly rare imo, this will bring back our diablo, like a 2 hours old noobplayer can get a better item then a crazy 20Khours farmer...

Gold
    Annihilus Account: schiggy
    Snake Champion!

meh don't make the game to easy guys.

Fully supporting what equa says though.

i'm too lazy arguing a lot here, but just saying rares and crafts seem to work very well and we have some obvious problems like SoH, keys, item balance, etc.... Since leveling and pvp here are non-existent, we need pvm and item challange, so i like jareds suggestion, but sure thing HC needs to be kept in mind before changing caches so easily.

User Tag List