Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Endgame farming priorities?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: poopfeast420

Endgame farming priorities?

Out of curiosity, after the ladder resets, is there a suggestion as to which endgame content should be completed first?

As a newer player, I haven't explored most of the endgame content other than pits and Lich King. I was just wondering if I should be doing something else, e.g. time rifts or key farming.

Thank you for your help

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Snowish

http://annihilus.net/wiki_index.php?...aracter-Guides

Try this link and see if you find anything helpful there Mr poop ! xD

Gold
    Annihilus Account: poopfeast420

Yea I read through most of that but the general consensus is that pits + time rifts + keys are good.

LK would work if you had PMH + a good summoner setup e.g. Trangs.

I'm just wondering if there's a specific list that ranks or categorizes endgame content in terms of order of difficulty.
    I know that dreamland stuff is up there in terms of difficulty.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Quote Originally Posted by poopfeast420 View Post
    Yea I read through most of that but the general consensus is that pits + time rifts + keys are good.

LK would work if you had PMH + a good summoner setup e.g. Trangs.

I'm just wondering if there's a specific list that ranks or categorizes endgame content in terms of order of difficulty.
    I know that dreamland stuff is up there in terms of difficulty.
    Most of the added content is for later in the game, I'd suggest killing the Act 1-5 bosses to get Fragments.
    Also killing Countess/Summoner And Nihlathak to get Keys is a good way to start off as well.
    Or even doing Hell Cows over and over can get you some highrunes if you keep at it long enough.
    As for the easiest custom endgame content, I'd say Plaguelands and the Pits in act 5 are the easiest.
    Anything other than those two places is a bit too hard for a starting character.
    There could be a few other places you might have some luck in like the Swampy Pit in act 3.
    Or Inferno Cows, but getting passed Ry'leh and Azathoth isn't exactly a piece of cake.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Snowish

I actually made a Beginner's guide for exactly that , Frag/Keys ... you farm those you can trade them for end game gear.

I for one will try to get as many keys/frags as possible at reset.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

Note that the following is generally based on the experiences of this ladder. From what I heard, the Dreamlands may be more difficult next time, so keep that in mind.

1) Pick a build whose set gear is fairly easy to find or obtain through trade (IMO, The Barbarian and Paladin's gear are the hardest to find though both are quite worthwhile).

2) Farm cows and plaguelands for any charms you may need along with rare rings or amulets you think will be sufficient for the time being (you should also be taking this time to collect organs, runes, perfect gems, and jewels and maybe certain rare items to complete your whole setup for the time being).

3) Get uber keys

4) Get fragments and do Worldstone (try to call a GM or friend here for help and also to prove you opened the Worldstone in case a crash occurs). Note, consider buying Belial's Tome beforehand if Mana is a problem for your build. This isn't necessary, but it could be quite convenient depending on your build.

5) Get (or buy depending on your build and gear) Alkor's

6) Depending on your build, gear, and changes in the next ladder, try to farm the Act 5 pits, Inferno Cows, Lich King, and dreamlands for any item you need (or are willing to trade).

7) Farm the time rift for anything you need there (or are willing to trade)

8) Farm for anything else you will need before doing Crucible and consider either joining a clan or making one to do this.

9) Farm Crucible.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Quote Originally Posted by vaudeville View Post
    Note that the following is generally based on the experiences of this ladder. From what I heard, the Dreamlands may be more difficult next time, so keep that in mind.

1) Pick a build whose set gear is fairly easy to find or obtain through trade (IMO, The Barbarian and Paladin's gear are the hardest to find though both are quite worthwhile).

2) Farm cows and plaguelands for any charms you may need along with rare rings or amulets you think will be sufficient for the time being (you should also be taking this time to collect organs, runes, perfect gems, and jewels and maybe certain rare items to complete your whole setup for the time being).

3) Get uber keys

4) Get fragments and do Worldstone (try to call a GM or friend here for help and also to prove you opened the Worldstone in case a crash occurs). Note, consider buying Belial's Tome beforehand if Mana is a problem for your build. This isn't necessary, but it could be quite convenient depending on your build.

5) Get (or buy depending on your build and gear) Alkor's

6) Depending on your build, gear, and changes in the next ladder, try to farm the Act 5 pits, Inferno Cows, Lich King, and dreamlands for any item you need (or are willing to trade).

7) Farm the time rift for anything you need there (or are willing to trade)

8) Farm for anything else you will need before doing Crucible and consider either joining a clan or making one to do this.

9) Farm Crucible.
    I was going to say farm crucible as well but considering that it's going to change soon I'm guessing that will no longer be an option after the ladder reset.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

Not sure what you mean by that Savior unless you mean farming that alone which I wouldn't recommend anyway (certainly not for the faint hearted or those that want to spend less than a hour doing only to get killed some place). Either way, Crucible farming will come last.

At any rate, I would add this addendum to what I said above

Regarding step 1
    I would recommend as your first character(s) a Necromancer or Amazon since all but one of their set gear items are pretty easy to get and after you get them you should be able to farm the 2nd pit in Act 5. Note that you will need a partner though if you go with a Necromancer while farming in the pits and that partner will very likely will be someone with an Amazon.

Also, although I mentioned farming the pits elsewhere, it's just as good to try to farm the above pit either to equip other builds you may want to use (which is very likely) or to trade anything you find there though it will be a bit rough early on.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 02-10-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

Ancients tunnels doesnt have cold immunes, in act 2. Drops same stuff as Pits but more packes to kill and the big loot chest is easier to reach It's the ultimate heaven for a cold sorc or frozen arrow ama

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Frigide

Arent you guyz talking about different pits? a5 pits / the pit ?
    I would think ancient tunnel is like a1 pit not same loot table as a5 pits. Is it?

Btw, can the pit or ancient tunnels drop new vanilla elite uniques?

User Tag List