Thread: So what exactly determines a "High Rune"?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Thor

So what exactly determines a "High Rune"?

Never been able to get a solid answer to this question. I thought runes that required level 43+, (which would start with Lem), were considered high runes? I was just told Ber or higher are high runes?? Anyhow, some correct information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Never been able to get a solid answer to this question. I thought runes that required level 43+, (which would start with Lem), were considered high runes? I was just told Ber or higher are high runes?? Anyhow, some correct information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    as of right now. yes. that is what the community wants / considered a high rune. BER +
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Equalibrium

HRS will always be inflated to a higher rune aslong as you can buy them in cash shop. its not going to change so get used to it. it was lem oldschool because you couldent just buy them now you can ofc the value will decrease. nothing and i mean nothing in the shop should ever aid progress. just my opinion but its one i firmly belive in shop should be 100% cosmetic. that way any revenue is to support game and his team for there efforts and not to gain an advantage or obscure the market in certain items. buying with gold from other players is fine the item still has to be farmed therefore your paying for someones time. diablo always has been as always should be about the farm not your wallet.
    Give the respect you expect.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: nedamettin

Whoever buys runes from the shop is just wasting the money...

What determinates the category of "HR" is people's greediness. People mostly want as high runes as they can get and Ber rune is a very useful rune on its own (CB wep, DR armor) so it is considered the first HR here. I mostly accept Ohm+ because as I know in blizzlike servers Ohm+ only drops in Hell. At a server-wipe I traded many times with Pul+ considered as a HR because not as many people had runes to trade.

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

In vanilla d2, any rune ohm/vex+ was considered a high rune. I've never heard lem+ before, not on softcore anyways. Now, we have added 2 new runes at the very top end of the spectrum, Tor and Xer, so it's only natural that the low end of the high runes would go up.

I don't think the fact that high runes are available at the shop has anything to do with it, but the fact that upgrade/downgrade scrolls exist is a factor for sure. No matter what we do, there's always going to be certain runes that are considered desirable. Before the rune scrolls it was Ohm, Jah, Ber, Xer, Tor, Lo (and/or maybe sur, can't remember) that were desirable, and now it's Ber+. In my opinion ber+ makes a lot more sense.

People used to complain before that zod and cham were useless. We added the scrolls and they're now desirable and people found something else to complain about.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

Quote Originally Posted by acyroma View Post
    In vanilla d2, any rune ohm/vex+ was considered a high rune. I've never heard lem+ before, not on softcore anyways. Now, we have added 2 new runes at the very top end of the spectrum, Tor and Xer, so it's only natural that the low end of the high runes would go up.

I don't think the fact that high runes are available at the shop has anything to do with it, but the fact that upgrade/downgrade scrolls exist is a factor for sure. No matter what we do, there's always going to be certain runes that are considered desirable. Before the rune scrolls it was Ohm, Jah, Ber, Xer, Tor, Lo (and/or maybe sur, can't remember) that were desirable, and now it's Ber+. In my opinion ber+ makes a lot more sense.

People used to complain before that zod and cham were useless. We added the scrolls and they're now desirable and people found something else to complain about.
    You cannot make everyone happy. Even if you try everyones suggestion on one thing, they will be happy for a bit, but that suggestion will cause another problem that they never thought of when they first made the suggestion. Oh the joys. You know what i mean lol.
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Equalibrium View Post
    HRS will always be inflated to a higher rune aslong as you can buy them in cash shop. its not going to change so get used to it. it was lem oldschool because you couldent just buy them now you can ofc the value will decrease. nothing and i mean nothing in the shop should ever aid progress. just my opinion but its one i firmly belive in shop should be 100% cosmetic. that way any revenue is to support game and his team for there efforts and not to gain an advantage or obscure the market in certain items. buying with gold from other players is fine the item still has to be farmed therefore your paying for someones time. diablo always has been as always should be about the farm not your wallet.
    I've never truly looked at it like that but you are totally right man. Excellent points, I do agree.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by acyroma View Post

Excellent points

User Tag List