Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's so good about Bowa Zons?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Thor

Just a heads up; I've talked to a few newer players who are running full mavs and they're averaging between 5-16/6-17k guided arrow.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Brimstonejack

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    I mean, every1 I've spoken to who has a semi-geared GA zon is raving about how broken it is... From what I can tell it's outperforming everything by a decent margin. And early in the ladder, before people start pumping to much currency into it seems like the ideal time to nerf things that are OP. Most people are already using if not beyond full sets so it's kinda odd to compare it to having nothing and it's not like it's getting nerfed into oblivion just reduced to a similar level as other builds.

/e @ Thor. Currently it seems to be outdpsing most builds by a fair margin, which would be a problem when people start to push the likes of crucible because groups will just be 1 tank and all the GA zons. He did say it'll just be a minor drop, it wont be taken out of use just made comparable to other DPS builds so that it isn't just the thing everyone plays.
    When other classes get fully geared, THEN start making judgments about what's OP. Not a few guys with just-barely end-game gear. When it can be decided which classes are dominating WITH end-game gear, with tons of people "exploiting" a class, than start calling shit. Just my opinion.
    "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke." - J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Fitsu

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstonejack View Post
    When other classes get fully geared, THEN start making judgments about what's OP. Not a few guys with just-barely end-game gear. When it can be decided which classes are dominating WITH end-game gear, with tons of people "exploiting" a class, than start calling shit. Just my opinion.
    End of the day, the attack is scaling to well. It's that simple, not hard to work out that if it scales to well with x amount of gear it's only going to grow further ahead with more gear... A thing Game clearly sees coming and thus has decided to give it a small nerf as to stop it from growing so far ahead and you don't need people to have the gear in order to see it because it's ultimately basic math.

At a basic way of looking at it numbers as an example, GA is gaining 1.3x scaling as it gains more gear while other skills are at like 1.1x so GA needs to be brought down a little to match them. You don't need to see it, to know how it's going to go and it's better to nerf it before it gets there.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Just a heads up; I've talked to a few newer players who are running full mavs and they're averaging between 5-16/6-17k guided arrow.
    Amazons are breaking the damage cap literally, without even being fully geared. Sorry guys I know what I am doing, and Guided Arrow numbers have to come down some. If you think otherwise you simply haven't seen it in action.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Amazons are breaking the damage cap literally, without even being fully geared. Sorry guys I know what I am doing, and Guided Arrow numbers have to come down some. If you think otherwise you simply haven't seen it in action.
    Ah. Yeah it is broken. Just talked with "PEWPEWDIELOL" and he claimed that pierce goes through phys immunes..paired with guided arrow that can hit the same target multiple times in very quick succession that is a broken mechanic. May I ask how much of a nerf you're bringing to it? Like are we talking just scaling the damage numbers back, or are we looking at bows and the skill being nerfed as well? (Just curious as I currently main a bowa on Hardcore)

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Ah. Yeah it is broken. Just talked with "PEWPEWDIELOL" and he claimed that pierce goes through phys immunes..paired with guided arrow that can hit the same target multiple times in very quick succession that is a broken mechanic. May I ask how much of a nerf you're bringing to it? Like are we talking just scaling the damage numbers back, or are we looking at bows and the skill being nerfed as well? (Just curious as I currently main a bowa on Hardcore)
    I am going to lower the damage scaling on the skill. No plans to nerf bows or anything else.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

It will still be really strong after a nerf. Not sure why people are upset

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    Yeah I don't think too many are upset after actually seeing it in action instead of assuming I am prematurely nerfing it It'll still be plenty viable, I won't destroy a skill I have wanted viable for so long.

Gold

I am going to lower the damage scaling on the skill. No plans to nerf bows or anything else.
    Fair enough man, sounds good to me

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    It's not so much the actual nerf that upsets people. I am going to use League of Legends for example. When a champion gets "nerfed" almost every player no longer plays that champion. A nerf isn't just the fixing of a skill, it represents the effectiveness of the skill in the eyes of most gamers. To nerf a skill, means the power has become less effective, generally is why they use it in the first place so making the skill less effective will quite literally make people not use it anymore and they will go back to using the better, more effective skills. (Just ask every barbarian who thinks there's a more effective skill than shield throw) Than again, I for one understand game development and as far as the fix for guided arrow, I am all for it.

Unfortunately I play hardcore so I haven't actually experienced how effective Guided Arrow is because I risk absolutely everything should I try to jump onto the harder end-game stuff. As a matter of fact, my zon can't even take Hell cows fast and effectively. Strafe has been my absolute go-to because GA doesn't do AoE, and multi-shot doesn't do anywhere near the damage Strafe does. However, should one acquire good gear, multishot will be super effective vs cows

User Tag List