Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few questions about Annihilus

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Qwazym

A few questions about Annihilus

Hey guys and dolls!

Before I get started, I would like to advise that I haven't browsed every (well barely any) post on this forum to find the answers, I thought the best option would be to post and get more direct answers!

Considering getting back into d2, after I convince the GF to join me I was looking for a High Resolution mod with servers to check out. Came across this and it looked like a fair bit of effort has gone into this.

I have previously played several thousand hours on D2 + LOD, and probably a good few thousand hours on a mod called Hell Unleashed (might give insight into some of my experience & questions). Due to loving d2 so much, I've also spent around 1000 hours on d3 (maybe more now).

I'm a Hardcore player, who almost exclusively plays hardcore because it's more thrilling and with softcore, you can just throw corpses at it until you win. HC just makes the game more exciting.

AS FOR THE QUESTIONS!

1: What's the Hardcore community like? How many active players are there every week in hardcore? if not many, how about softcore? I had a look at the server active games list and saw that there is definitely a few people playing.

2: Would you recommend playing hardcore in this mod? I've entirely solo'd the other mod (Hell Unleashed) in hardcore up to level 101 which is designed for 6 player parties, and am just curious of the difficulty and if there any bull**** things that happen to suggest I start softcore?

3: I've read about a few of the major changes between this and D2+LOD and know a few, but I didn't see anything in passing about skill changes. Have the skills etc been overhauled as well as everything else or are they largely the same?

4: What resolution does this mod run with?

5: How stable and fast are the servers considering I'm from Australia? what about the fact that they have so many people able to be in 1 game at a time? Will I get smashed for latency in a non-empty game?

Any other things you might think I need to know please let me know. I'll check back here tomorrow to see all of your helpful updates!

Thanks in advance for your help and I look forward to saving the world with you all.

Regards, Qwazym.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Equalibrium

Hiya quaz
    HC is not massive here as the dificulty of end game content puts alot of people off. as you have played d2 for so many years you will know the diffrences in mentality for HC and SC players so sadly atm HC population is very low. im also HC only player and have cleared some of the endgame stuff. i joined anni a few months back and was told then that all HC content had been soloed so it is possible but only by the very best and dedicated players.

as for skills there are a few new ones and some have been reworked one example being druid crow skill. it now has a % chance of crushing blow and they attack alot more and dont stop once blind is applied. some are still the same but @Game and the team are working very hard on adjusting others.

as for server im in england and have run in 8 player games with no issues. server is very good for a private server. i usualy run at around 140-170 which is more than playable. considering server is in us.

hope this helps abit and hope to see you and the better half in game soon
    Give the respect you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwazym View Post
    Hey guys and dolls!

Before I get started, I would like to advise that I haven't browsed every (well barely any) post on this forum to find the answers, I thought the best option would be to post and get more direct answers!

Considering getting back into d2, after I convince the GF to join me I was looking for a High Resolution mod with servers to check out. Came across this and it looked like a fair bit of effort has gone into this.

I have previously played several thousand hours on D2 + LOD, and probably a good few thousand hours on a mod called Hell Unleashed (might give insight into some of my experience & questions). Due to loving d2 so much, I've also spent around 1000 hours on d3 (maybe more now).

I'm a Hardcore player, who almost exclusively plays hardcore because it's more thrilling and with softcore, you can just throw corpses at it until you win. HC just makes the game more exciting.

AS FOR THE QUESTIONS!

1: What's the Hardcore community like? How many active players are there every week in hardcore? if not many, how about softcore? I had a look at the server active games list and saw that there is definitely a few people playing.

2: Would you recommend playing hardcore in this mod? I've entirely solo'd the other mod (Hell Unleashed) in hardcore up to level 101 which is designed for 6 player parties, and am just curious of the difficulty and if there any bull**** things that happen to suggest I start softcore?

3: I've read about a few of the major changes between this and D2+LOD and know a few, but I didn't see anything in passing about skill changes. Have the skills etc been overhauled as well as everything else or are they largely the same?

4: What resolution does this mod run with?

5: How stable and fast are the servers considering I'm from Australia? what about the fact that they have so many people able to be in 1 game at a time? Will I get smashed for latency in a non-empty game?

Any other things you might think I need to know please let me know. I'll check back here tomorrow to see all of your helpful updates!

Thanks in advance for your help and I look forward to saving the world with you all.

Regards, Qwazym.
    Welcome to the server! I think a lot of us here were extreme Diablo 2 players back in the day

1) As Equa said HC could pose to be quite challenging for certain content... but there is also plenty of new endgame content you can definitely do if careful. I think you'll have a blast here, I have put in literally over 1000 hours in developing content alone.

2) Kind of answered that with #1 , there is definitely a HC playerbase, it is quite a bit smaller but it is there! I am always looking to make things a bit more HC friendly in future patches.

3) A lot of skills have been changed in a variety of ways, whether it is the way they function or synergy, you'll see quite a bit has been changed. Each class also has 1 new skill.

4) You can use 1024x768 or 1280x1024, along with the original resolutions. We didn't want to go too high! This can always change in the future.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! We try to put out huge content patches every few patches, so it's never really boring around here I look forward to having you around!

Gold

Hey,

Thanks for all the tips, seems promising!

I'll start the download i guess and see how it is

Still happy to have more answers as well if there are any.

one more question, are there any videos to any gameplay on this server? i guess its still gonna be the same game but it'd be nice to see some just to get an idea. I checked out Boozy's stream and couldnt find any videos.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: m3kanism
    Annihilus Account: Boozy

Yea I need to make some videos, I should start doing that here this week. Welcome to the Server btw.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Equalibrium

just a quick tip mate. make your games without pw so us HC players can jump in and say hi and offer a bit of help if wanted ofc.
    no pks around as far as i know so its perfectly safe to do so.
    Give the respect you expect.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: iHoLy

I'm a frequent HC player as well. I was actually influenced and helped out a lot by equa, but he's a great dude and I'm sure he wouldn't mind helping. I can help as well just ask me anytime. I'm on almost everyday.

Gold

hey, appreciate the offers, gonna try and find out the little "dont go here yet" things about the mod before getting rushed.

story time

went into tristram following an also new sorceress, read the barricades and she went through anyway, i followed reluctantly. i insta died, she ran away using me as a scapegoat.
    TIP: follow instructions writton on barricades...

was just in act2 in the tavern, saw the portal. learnt my lesson and decided not to go in. these places really need level requirements on the portals though haha!

as for making open games, i did, just hadn't actually gotten the game upon last posting.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Welcome to the server

And welcome to our hc fam!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: iHoLy

The most active users on HC are gonna be Equa, Myself, Apoc, and of course Lucid. I have see a few more but not as active. Grieves gets on occasionally too.

User Tag List