Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Necromancer

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

For thorns, your cheapest option is Edge runeword. Level 15 thorns on it, and all you need is a 3os bow + tir tal amn.

You can find all the info you need on the wiki for uniques and runewords we have edited, and any runewords that arent on the wiki are as they are in regular d2, and you can find all that info here: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp...unewords.shtml

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

@acyroma @Game

Yes that's pretty cheap, but it would only be viable for the sake of inferno cows or a full game clear of content to compensate those runes, not to mention deaths.

I think Iron golem is essentially useless in its current state because there's better golems for tanking situations, although I still don't understand how aggro works on diablo 2.

It's not overpowered to add this aura in some capacity to summoner, I hope you don't just ask why but also why not.

With all the damage reduction on summons this aura will not be abusable.
    Last edited by Addah; 01-04-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Addah View Post
    @acyroma @Game

Yes that's pretty cheap, but it would only be viable for the sake of inferno cows or a full game clear of content to compensate those runes, not to mention deaths.

I think Iron golem is essentially useless in its current state because there's better golems for tanking situations, although I still don't understand how aggro works on diablo 2.

It's not overpowered to add this aura in some capacity to summoner, I hope you don't just ask why but also why not.

With all the damage reduction on summons this aura will not be abusable.
    Iron Golem is the best tank... how is there better golems for tanking? lol :/. Monsters all have a threat number, monsters with higher threat are likely to be the target of nearby enemies attacks. I do believe I have Iron Golems the highest, not to mention it has much higher physical resist than any other golem, and it can bring just about any aura you want to bring with it, or put high crushing blow on him, or whatever you want to do with him. If your Iron Golem dies you must have let him get beat on for days.

Gold

@Game

Because Clay golem is more mobile, you can move it right in front of a boss.
    Fire golem is better against massive fire damage bosses, because with health/regen/life steal the physical damage is of little concern

I'm not sure how well Iron golem attracts nearby enemies, or how taunt/aggro mechanics work on diablo 2

Unless it's a very high % that a boss will change targets to hit the Iron golem it won't be worth using

You also seem to have agreed the Thorns damage is almost useless, and I think you will agree it can't be abused. For this reason and all the others I said I strongly urge you to try adding Thorns aura.

Or alternatively make it so Iron golem doesn't consume the item it's created from, or the golem doesn't disappear when you die, so we can use good items on it without wasting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Addah View Post
    @Game

Because Clay golem is more mobile, you can move it right in front of a boss.
    Fire golem is better against massive fire damage bosses, because with health/regen/life steal the physical damage is of little concern

I'm not sure how well Iron golem attracts nearby enemies, or how taunt/aggro mechanics work on diablo 2

Unless it's a very high % that a boss will change targets to hit the Iron golem it won't be worth using

You also seem to have agreed the Thorns damage is almost useless, and I think you will agree it can't be abused. For this reason and all the others I said I strongly urge you to try adding Thorns aura.

Or alternatively make it so Iron golem doesn't consume the item it's created from, or the golem doesn't disappear when you die, so we can use good items on it without wasting them.
    Sorry but you're just going off theory, I have tested in game and Iron Golem is the best tank, it takes WAY more damage than any other Golem. Also, if I put Thorns on it, it will not be able to get auras from items used to make it. I am not going to do it, sorry man!

Gold

What I'm saying is the superiority of its ability to take damage would be irrelevant without being attacked, which you can control much more with Clay/Fire.

I think swapping a little portion of DR% and adding Thorns aura for support would be the best option, unless the Iron golem had 100% chance to make a nearby enemy attack it.

The item sacrifice maybe could be used for things like attack speed/life leech and stuff, but the aura could always be Thorns perhaps?
    Last edited by Addah; 01-05-2017 at 04:04 PM.

User Tag List